HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Mully12
John Jackson!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Mully12 Send a message via Yahoo to Mully12
Quote:
Originally Posted by santiclaws View Post
Nobody is going to offer Simmer $4M. Milbury's an analyst now.
Not saying anyone would, it was in reply to another poster. Vanek $7M over 7 years however opens things up to possibilities, however small they may be.

Old
11-15-2010, 07:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I like Simmer allot but, we have a system that has an awful lot of players who could step into his skates and while they would likely provide a different style of game, they could step in and succeed at the role is asked of Simmers.

In that I see us making an offer of around $2m per for 3 years and if he is given a qualifying offer by another team (something that would truly shock the dookie out of me if it happened) then we have players who can fill his role if needed and would also benefit from the exchange.

Old
11-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
$4 million for Simmonds is horrible cap management. If he signs an offer sheet for that much, I'd take the picks and run. He will get $1.5-$2 million for a 2 or 3 year deal.

Old
11-15-2010, 09:42 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
$4 million for Simmonds is horrible cap management. If he signs an offer sheet for that much, I'd take the picks and run. He will get $1.5-$2 million for a 2 or 3 year deal.
Lol... Where is this 4 million dollar stuff coming from?

I think Simmonds gets 4 years 8 million or somewhere below that. I am with you. But at the same time I would give Simmonds a little more just because I love him and I think he is important to our team but not 4 million. Max 2.8. And I mean Max.

I saw Milbury and Simmonds 4 million and all I could think about was now we know why the Islanders are the ********* organization in the last 10 years lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Seems like if someone offer-sheeted Simmonds $4M+, DL would take the picks and run.
Simmonds and Doughty will not get a chance to be offer-sheeted. DL is smarter then that. He showed us that with the way he handled Kopitar.

Old
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Lol... Where is this 4 million dollar stuff coming from?

I think Simmonds gets 4 years 8 million or somewhere below that. I am with you. But at the same time I would give Simmonds a little more just because I love him and I think he is important to our team but not 4 million. Max 2.8. And I mean Max.

I saw Milbury and Simmonds 4 million and all I could think about was now we know why the Islanders are the ********* organization in the last 10 years lol.
Purely theoretical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Simmonds and Doughty will not get a chance to be offer-sheeted. DL is smarter then that. He showed us that with the way he handled Kopitar.
I hope your right.

Old
11-16-2010, 03:05 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Simmonds and $4 million should not be used in the same sentence. He's not even worth $3M (yet). Right now, I'd say between $1.5M to $2M for 3 years would be reasonable for what he provides.

Old
11-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I wonder if DL has kicked the tires with Boston. They are going to need to cut salary one way or the other so maybe there is a trade opportunity?

Old
11-16-2010, 01:45 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I wonder if DL has kicked the tires with Boston. They are going to need to cut salary one way or the other so maybe there is a trade opportunity?
I'm guessing Ryder (RW) is the only player they're interested in moving and if they can't find a taker they'll simply waive and send him to the AHL. Sturm is another guy but given his injuries I doubt anyone is willing to gamble on him being any kind of impact player.

I'm sure DL has kicked some tires though, that's his job isn't it?

Old
11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Brophy

I really wish Dean would have been able to nab Horton. Horton is really all I personally would have interest in. The B's blueline is pretty decent but I could see Johnson going the other way for starters.
edit: Horton is on lock with a NTC

Last edited by Brophy: 11-16-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: NTC
Old
11-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
On the face of it this seems like a really good idea so I started thinking about it. The only player I could see the Kings being interested in is Sturm and Boston can't take back a roster player. They would have to take some combination of picks and prospects. Boston likely doesn't want for draft picks as they have two firsts and two seconds in the coming draft ... plus the Kings don't have picks to spare as they currently only have one extra pick over the next two years. (Leafs 3rd in 12) So that pretty much rules out picks.

Boston is a little thin on puck moving defenseman but not really so that means if they want any it would be only one out of Hickey, Voynov, and Deslauries. The Bruins could use a hard hitting defenseman a la Teubert because the only prospects they have like that are long shots but Teubert seems to me to be of too little value. Plus I don't think the Kings are inclined to give up on Teubert yet in light of the fact that they don't have anybody else close to his mold in the system.

The Bruins are thin at the goaltending position in the minors but they can afford to be with Thomas having the job locked up for the next two years and Rask for the next ten. So there would be mild interest at best for Zatkoff, Jones or Berube.

As for forwards the Bruins need wingers and the Kings don't really have much to offer outside of the center position. Unfortunately, the Bruins are absolutely stacked at center in the NHL and in the minors.

A long shot deal might be Sturm and a Bruins 3rd or 4th this year for Hickey, Teubert, and Toffoli. But like I said, complete long shot. Plus this all hinges on the idea that Chiarelli is comfortable with Caron playing big minutes this season and that Lombardi is comfortable with Sturm being healthy ... neither of which is likely.

Old
11-16-2010, 02:00 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
seriously, a playmaker like Ales Hemsky would help make Kopitar's life much more manageable and keep the puck from remaining on Brown's stick for longer than it should.

Old
11-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Dave33
Still smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
seriously, a playmaker like Ales Hemsky would help make Kopitar's life much more manageable and keep the puck from remaining on Brown's stick for longer than it should.
Pretty much the only guy I want the Kings to go after. Just seems like the only realistic acquisition as Edm should be up for prospects and picks to aid the rebuild.

Old
11-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave33 View Post
Pretty much the only guy I want the Kings to go after. Just seems like the only realistic acquisition as Edm should be up for prospects and picks to aid the rebuild.
they especially need D and we have a ton

Old
11-16-2010, 02:45 PM
Johnny Utah

Penner is not producing in Edmonton and they aren't high on him right now...

Horton is not going anywhere in Bean town....probably Ryder or Sturm....

Old
11-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Rommel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
A long shot deal might be Sturm and a Bruins 3rd or 4th this year for Hickey, Teubert, and Toffoli. But like I said, complete long shot. Plus this all hinges on the idea that Chiarelli is comfortable with Caron playing big minutes this season and that Lombardi is comfortable with Sturm being healthy ... neither of which is likely.

iI is not worth it.

Old
11-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
iI is not worth it.
I was thinking the same thing. I didn't realize injury prone players who are about to become free agents hold so much value. Sturm is at best a 20 goal scorer with only one season where he reached 50 points. To give up a package of three young players for him is ludicrous. It sure is a long shot for the Kings to make such a ridiculous trade.

Old
11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Brophy

of course its not worth it. guy is hurt allll the time.

Old
11-16-2010, 04:05 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Sturm has had some serious knee injuries. Out with a torn ACL and MCL plus a concussion history, knee surgeries... He'll probably look like Handzus on his first season with the Kings when he gets back. I doubt teams are lining up to trade for him.

Old
11-16-2010, 06:10 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Sturm has had some serious knee injuries. Out with a torn ACL and MCL plus a concussion history, knee surgeries... He'll probably look like Handzus on his first season with the Kings when he gets back. I doubt teams are lining up to trade for him.
He also has an NTC that he has said he will not waive.

Old
11-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
He also has an NTC that he has said he will not waive.
NTC, ACL, MCL...sounds like a nightmare.

Old
11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
willie

With Parse out again and the Kings unable to find a fit yet for Kopi's wing, a low risk possibility could be had from Carolina. Samsonov is producing at a decent clip still (8 pts in 13GP) and there is no doubt he has strong innate skills. He is also competent defensively. By no means do I think he is an ideal option but he likely would come cheap and is a UFA at year's end. If he developed some chemistry, he could be a decent plug. If he flops, waive him and little harm comes to us.

Larose, too, could be another possibilty. He's got some spunk in his game and decent skills. Also a UFA at years end so it's low risk. I suspect something along the lines of Harrold/Drewiske and a pick could acquire either guy.

Lastly, there is Jussi Jokinen, also a UFA. Given his 65 pt campaign last season, he would likely be more expensive but he could be a good fit if the Canes were willing to part with him.

Regardless, depth is never a bad thing and there wouldn't much risk to kicking tires with those guys from Carolina.

Old
11-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Guys to target in no specific order...

Sharp(would be hard to get, I know)
Booth
Hemsky(only problem is that he's a RW)
Penner

Old
11-16-2010, 08:48 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
Really.... Sturm...Gets that much out of the Kings? 3 Prospects 2 drafted in the top 15. lol

Old
11-16-2010, 09:59 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Guys to target in no specific order...

Sharp(would be hard to get, I know)
Booth
Hemsky(only problem is that he's a RW)
Penner
First 2 are never gonna happen, why would Chi trade one of their best players? And Booth, Florida is rebuilding why trade their best young forward?? Its like the Kings trading Brown when Lombardi came on.....makes no sense.

Old
11-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
First 2 are never gonna happen, why would Chi trade one of their best players? And Booth, Florida is rebuilding why trade their best young forward?? Its like the Kings trading Brown when Lombardi came on.....makes no sense.
I don't think its as out of the question as u do. Chicago is playing like crap and are at about .500 right now. They are also still in some cap trouble. Sharp needs a new contract soon. If chicago is out of a playoff spot come the trade deadline...it could happen.

Booth has injury history....might scare tallon. Kings have plenty of D prospects florida can use. Draft picks as well.

Closed Thread