HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: Colin Cambell's objectivity under question

Old
11-15-2010, 05:53 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
OT: Colin Cambell's objectivity under question

About time is all I have to say. Some of these emails are very telling. Some of the quotes from Referees are very telling. Too early right now, but it seems like this story is picking up steam. Time to put an end to this corrupt figure.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341367

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/ellio...-question.html

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:04 PM
NYRangers16

No wonder Savard was ushered out of NY.

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:06 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I was too young to fully comprehend the game the time Savard was here. What did he do that put him under Campbell's misfavor? I'm gonna assume he just embellished alot.

Anyway, I hope Campbell gets fired. Not that he should've had a job to begin with, but there's no way he can't be fired when something like this gets out.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:08 PM
ruckus*

Wow. This guy is a piece of ****.

Will Gary remove him immediately? I think if any of these are proved factually coming from him, he has to be.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:15 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I dont know about anyone else, but I've ALWAYS felt there was a lot about Colin Campbell that merited questioning...like how he ever became the head coach of this team. *******.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:21 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
I dont know about anyone else, but I've ALWAYS felt there was a lot about Colin Campbell that merited questioning...like how he ever became the head coach of this team. *******.
Same. High friends in high places?

NYRangers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:24 PM
DutchShamrock

Well he's got to go. There is no way you recover from this. Every decision he makes will be questioned, the parties evaluated and punishments compared. Out of every position in the NHL, this is the one that has to be the most impartial and unbiased. He's done.

I find it very hard to believe that Bettman had no clue about this.

I'd wager that Bettman fights off firing Campbell for as long as he can. He hates being dictated. These guys refused to discipline Augier last season. You know they make the rules but don't follow them.

I think Shanahan would be perfect to take over this job. You need a guy that is relatively plugged into the current game, not the game from 20-30 years ago like Campbell and Burke prior to him. Shanny knows what the players want to remove from the game and he knows how to police the league. Campbell's typical 2 game suspension for any head hit (elbow, boards, blindside hits) prove how out of touch he is. The fact that he sees naughty words and gestures as bigger issues than concussions is further proof.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:31 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Contacted by TSN for its reaction to Dellow's piece, deputy commissioner Bill Daly said: "Any suggestion that Colin Campbell performs his job with any less than 100% integrity at all times and in every decision he makes is way off base and just factually wrong. Because of the potential for a conflict of interest, or more importantly a perceived conflict of interest, the League has implemented various structural protections that prohibit Colie from having any oversight or disciplinary authority relating to any game in which his son, Gregory, plays. Its always fair to question and criticize League decisions as being wrong, but not on the basis that they aren't justly and fairly arrived at."
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341367

See. Deflection. He is saying that the policy is that Campbell doesn't deal with things involiving his son. We all know the policy, the problem is that is circumvent it. He's going to the head of officials and saying that whoever blew the call needs to get 'gassed'. He wanted the guy fired, it's irrelevant that the ref wasn't. The issue is the chief of policy of our NHL is biased and emotional in his decisions. He is unable to perform his job. He has to go.

Old
11-15-2010, 06:33 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I was too young to fully comprehend the game the time Savard was here. What did he do that put him under Campbell's misfavor? I'm gonna assume he just embellished alot.

Anyway, I hope Campbell gets fired. Not that he should've had a job to begin with, but there's no way he can't be fired when something like this gets out.
The rumors circulating that I read back then was that Savard was not a favorite of Mark Messier, and that was his ticket out of town.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:34 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Good to see Tyler Dellow finally getting some credit for the great work he does.

For all the people who are of the opinion that bloggers bring nothing to the table, no one would have ever found out about this if it wasn't for Tyler Dellow.

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:36 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
Good to see Tyler Dellow finally getting some credit for the great work he does.

For all the people who are of the opinion that bloggers bring nothing to the table, no one would have ever found out about this if it wasn't for Tyler Dellow.
Well he got alot of attention today. The site crashed.

Old
11-15-2010, 06:41 PM
StaalWars
TeaOrrCoffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Well he got alot of attention today. The site crashed.
I'm sure he'll take it as a positive. Honestly though, the guy browses through CanLII, an extensive legal documents archive, and hunts down everything involving the NHL. Than he filters out the fluff and comes up with this beauty of a piece. I'm sorry, but no one in the MSM has the intelligence or desire to do that kind of research.

/Rant

StaalWars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 06:49 PM
OverTheCap

I'm not one to wear a tinfoil hat.

But if Campbell holds grudges against Savard from when he coached here, what's to stop Campbell from holding a grudge against the organization in general for canning him?

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Campbell would fail to be objective when assessing matters concerning the Rangers.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 07:03 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Nothing will come of this.

Think about it who can you possibly hire that will have zero possible animosity towards anyone in the current league? a 90 year old or a KHL or other Euro league official I guess?

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
he is not losing his job never going to happen

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 08:54 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Prediction: Colin Campbell will resign by the end of the week. Once this kind of stuff starts, the genie is out of the bottle. There will be more revelations.

Some pretty good reporting here. Not by TSN but by the guys who dug this stuff up.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 08:59 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

It's about Damn time the league takes initiative.

With that said, while its all well and good if they remove Campbell but if there is indeed any corrupted morals instilled in the referees then removing Campbell won't do anything they need to take care of some of these referees.

I can't believe how bad its gotten over the years.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 09:00 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Prediction: Colin Campbell will resign by the end of the week. Once this kind of stuff starts, the genie is out of the bottle.
Exactly what I was thinking; that's why I made my Nixon comment in the thread on the main boards.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 11:10 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EventHorizon View Post
Exactly what I was thinking; that's why I made my Nixon comment in the thread on the main boards.
Very interesting connection; no doubt. Except this is the NHL and that was a country....

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Acew61

Enjoy your "retirement" Colon

Acew61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 11:30 PM
rickyrod

He should resign for the sake of his kid, but he won't. And I doubt Bettman will remove him. There is no transparency or accountability in the running of this league, and, generally speaking, the opposite of the right thing for the fans is usually the track they decide on.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:15 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post

Savard was a major pice of sheit/primadonna-type, in his young years. Made no secret of it either.

He dived a lot, and combined it with a habit of shooting pucks into the face of players on the other team et c.. He told everyone how great he was, and wasn't shy to tell his teammates about it. Christian Dube and Savard were kind of in competition with each other for a spot in the NHL -- and Savard weren't about to let Dube off in the lockerroom.

Guys have different ways of making of breaking into pro-sports. Savard definitly had the domination technique. To put it like this, he came in and did great. If he had a chance to go for the throat on someone in competition with him, he wouldn't stop short of it.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:37 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

personally, ive thought cambells done a pretty good job...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:36 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
personally, ive thought cambells done a pretty good job...
He's generally inconsistent, he favors star players, his suspensions are too short in my opinion. Dangerous play tend to be punish less than embarrassing ones. They created the diving list and no one has been put on it in like 4 years. Other than that he's done a pretty good job.

Old
11-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Chimp

Whaat? Working for personal gains and bias in a position of authority? Unheard of!

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote