Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Ian White

Old
11-14-2010, 05:15 PM
flames123

vCash: 500
Ian White

He has not had a good start to the year. He is a team worst -10 and hasn't really been much of an offensive threat. He has been stuck as the only one back on a odd man rush and has been scored on at least 5-6 time that I can remember off the top of my head. He isn't really good enough defensively to play on the PK imo and has really been exposed a lot.

With the singing of Gio it doesn't look like there will be space for him on the blue line dollar wise. That is, unless Sarich is traded. At this point I would rather have Sarich at 3.6M than White a 3M. If White is willing to take a contract within the 2.5M range then I think we could retain him, but at his current number we just don't have the space.

So the question is: do we trade him? when? to who? what can we get back?

I'll try to start it:

White (3M)
David Moss (1.3M)
to
San Jose
for
Devin Setoguchi (1.8M)
Kent Huskins (1.7M)
Conditional 3rd round pick

Thoughts? Forgive me if you think it is crap.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 05:35 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flames123 View Post

I'll try to start it:

White (3M)
David Moss (1.3M)
to
San Jose
for
Devin Setoguchi (1.8M)
Kent Huskins (1.7M)

I suspect we'll see him moved at the deadline. I hope we get this sort of return.

Flames Fanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:15 PM
CoRD
GO BRUINS GO!!

San Jose would HATE this trade cause they value Setoguchi extremely high. I would absolutely love this trade as it is highway robbery.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:20 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
San Jose would HATE this trade cause they value Setoguchi extremely high. I would absolutely love this trade as it is highway robbery.
Its not that bad IMO, Setoguchi has struggled since his big year.

He only has 4 points in 15 games this year as well.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:25 PM
CoRD
GO BRUINS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post

Right. Well we should definitely try to nab him while his value is low. That could pay off huge in the future.

CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:27 PM
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins

On the topic of Seto, does anyone here know why he's struggling? I am suspecting it's because he's no longer with Thornton.

King Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post

36 points in 70 games last year too. Not great.

Flames Fanatic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Flamefan1

[QUOTE=flames123;28945447]He has not had a good start to the year. He is a team worst -10 and hasn't really been much of an offensive threat. He has been stuck as the only one back on a odd man rush and has been scored on at least 5-6 time that I can remember off the top of my head. He isn't really good enough defensively to play on the PK imo and has really been exposed a lot.

With the singing of Gio it doesn't look like there will be space for him on the blue line dollar wise. That is, unless Sarich is traded. At this point I would rather have Sarich at 3.6M than White a 3M. If White is willing to take a contract within the 2.5M range then I think we could retain him, but at his current number we just don't have the space.

To carolina:

Ian white

To Calgary:

Jamie mcbain
5 rd pick '11

Flamefan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

[QUOTE=Flamefan1;28949010]
Quote:
He has not had a good start to the year. He is a team worst -10 and hasn't really been much of an offensive threat. He has been stuck as the only one back on a odd man rush and has been scored on at least 5-6 time that I can remember off the top of my head. He isn't really good enough defensively to play on the PK imo and has really been exposed a lot.

To carolina:

Ian white

To Calgary:

Jamie mcbain
5 rd pick '11
I would love this trade, I've become a huge fan of McBain. Not sure that the Canes would do this though, as they love him over there too. I also think we could get more than a 5th round pick, but I wouldn't be upset with this.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:03 PM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
36 points in 70 games last year too. Not great.
He is missing the net alot. Also not playing with Thornton and Heatley is a pretty big thing

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 08:28 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

The whole team is playing like crap. This is going to be a long year. That said, I'd like to keep White and see what he can do next season if the team can't get it together soon.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Triple Deke

I think it's because he took Phaneuf's #3 jersey.
He's had it pretty rough this year. But you can tell that he's trying pretty hard. Things should turn around.
I agree that Gio's signing probably means no room for White. His one year deal does improve his trade value, and he's got a good right-handed shot from the point. My prediction is he gets sent packing near trade deadline.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2010, 11:31 PM
MVW

I think Sutter (providing he is around next year) already has an idea as to whether or not White will be around next year. I say this because of how he has handled similar situations in the past for players like Cammy, Bertuzzi, Huselius and Aucoin. I think that because White was a large part of the Dion trade, if he is not in the plans to be brought next year then it is very important that the Flames get something tangible back for him and not lose him for nothing. White will not fetch a first round pick at the deadline but he should get at least a 2nd round pick and perhaps some kind of prospect of sorts.

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Stewie Griffin
Bruinswagoner #4762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamefan1 View Post

I would love this trade, I've become a huge fan of McBain. Not sure that the Canes would do this though, as they love him over there too. I also think we could get more than a 5th round pick, but I wouldn't be upset with this.
I want McBain too, but for completely unrelated reasons.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 12:11 AM
flames123

[QUOTE=Gelinas;28949122]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamefan1 View Post

No way we could get McBain + for White imo.

Old
11-15-2010, 12:13 AM
flames123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I think Sutter (providing he is around next year) already has an idea as to whether or not White will be around next year. I say this because of how he has handled similar situations in the past for players like Cammy, Bertuzzi, Huselius and Aucoin. I think that because White was a large part of the Dion trade, if he is not in the plans to be brought next year then it is very important that the Flames get something tangible back for him and not lose him for nothing. White will not fetch a first round pick at the deadline but he should get at least a 2nd round pick and perhaps some kind of prospect of sorts.
Look at the guys that brought in 2nd round picks in years past. White will get a 2nd ++++. No teams would give up a first for him alone, but package in maybe Tanguay/Moss/Glenner if we are sellers at the deadline and say hello to a good 1st.

Old
11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
GoFlames

Quote:

I'll try to start it:

White (3M)
David Moss (1.3M)
to
San Jose
for
Devin Setoguchi (1.8M)
Kent Huskins (1.7M)

As insane and trite as it sounds let him rot in Abby for a week and see how he feels. Sure waiver clearing is necessary but who would take him at that salary and "performance"

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote