HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

How long until Giroux gets the recognition he deserves?(What's his potential?)

Old
11-15-2010, 10:11 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
i've known this kid was something special since i started to notice him dominating the Q after we drafted him and i defended him fiercely through the "he's too small to be an effective star in this league" B.S.

i think Giroux has already started to establish himself as a true star in this league, beginning with his extremely strong playoffs last year.

in my opinion, Giroux has the potential, the talent and the determination to be a 100+ point player in the NHL at least a couple times in his career.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
This thread sucks. Giroux is recognized by anyone that knows hockey.

Mike Richards needs to go do whatever Giroux does as far as skating and work outs in the summer are concerned. If Richie could move how Giroux does, he would be unreal.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:40 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post

Mike Richards needs to go do whatever Giroux does as far as skating and work outs in the summer are concerned. If Richie could move how Giroux does, he would be unreal.
mike richards doesn't have nearly the same amount of natural offensive talent nor the hands that claude giroux has. don't sell richards short, he's one of the hardest working players on the team. he's just a much different player than giroux is.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
mike richards doesn't have nearly the same amount of natural offensive talent nor the hands that claude giroux has. don't sell richards short, he's one of the hardest working players on the team. he's just a much different player than giroux is.
I think Mike Richards probably has most of the natural offensive vision that Giroux has. The reason some of the offensive plays that are available to Giroux aren't available to Richards is because Giroux is a superior athlete. Those limitations are the same reason Richards is a better power play producer than 5v5 IMO. The extra time and space really helps him.

You're correct that they're different players, not sure what you're getting at there though?

Also, while I never questioned Richards' work ethic (particularly on the ice), he clearly isn't lifting weights all Summer. But even presuming he is, when you can't work harder, you work smarter, and Giroux's progress athletically over the last couple of years has been pretty obvious to me.

Let's not turn this into me complaining about Richards though. My comment was originally more of an observation about how much Richards gets done with less athletic ability.

Old
11-16-2010, 01:02 AM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

I cant complain about Richards 8 goals to start either, Richards is a superb offensive player in his own right. How else do you get 22 SH goals. He really doesnt even need to be on the PP. But the Flyers seem to think he is effective enough to use. Giroux and Richards are both unreal as far as offensive instincts go. Giroux probably does have somewhat better hands and passing skills but not enough to simply call Giroux the better player. They are pretty evenly matched. I will say Giroux appears faster on 2-1's. Richards role is more of "Captian America" He is needed to do a little of everything. Whle Giroux can focus solely on making plays smart passes on the PK, PP and EV.

Last edited by jabba2: 11-16-2010 at 01:12 AM.
jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:16 AM
healthyscratch

This is by far, for me, Giroux' best play. Last week's spin o rama backhand to Richie was plain silly, this pass is something real special. A saucer pass through 3 people, perfectly timed onto Pronger's tape for a slam dunk to win. Beautiful.

Last edited by healthyscratch: 11-16-2010 at 01:22 AM.
healthyscratch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:37 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
This is by far, for me, Giroux' best play. Last week's spin o rama backhand to Richie was plain silly, this pass is something real special. A saucer pass through 3 people, perfectly timed onto Pronger's tape for a slam dunk to win. Beautiful.
There aren't 5 people in the world who could make that pass.

I really believe that.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:13 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:

I didn't know Harry Potter (at the 20 sec mark) was a Flyers fan.....

Also who is the Flyer sitting down in the opening frame while everybody else is cheering...looks kind of funny.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Komarov47

Everytime i see Giroux play it reminds me that the Habs picked David "no one care" Fischer at the 20....

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:03 PM
healthyscratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
There aren't 5 people in the world who could make that pass.

I really believe that.
And he just makes it look so damn easy. Incredible.

healthyscratch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:48 PM
hof2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post

Recognized? Yes. Appreciated for the level that he plays? Hardly. I don't know, maybe it's just the shows I watch but everyone seems to mention him, say "yeah he's great" or something like that then proceed to suck of other players like crazy. Sorry for wasting your time with this thread that you voluntarily clicked on. Dick.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
And he just makes it look so damn easy. Incredible.
Last night he made a diving kick save at one end and then assisted on Richards goal I believe.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by hof2120 View Post
Recognized? Yes. Appreciated for the level that he plays? Hardly. I don't know, maybe it's just the shows I watch but everyone seems to mention him, say "yeah he's great" or something like that then proceed to suck of other players like crazy. Sorry for wasting your time with this thread that you voluntarily clicked on. Dick.

I didn't ask you to be sorry for wasting my time. I kind of had an idea it was gonna suck when I clicked on it (and did anyway)..... I was just saying it sucked. I'm allowed to do that.

If you watched their nationally televised games last season then you probably saw the game where Pierre McQuire was struggling mightily against the urge to ask Claude out on national TV and debating with Mike Milbury that he deserved to be called a star player. He gets recognized, anyone that knows hockey knows he's good.

Old
11-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Volt

vCash: 283
Giroux is a beast, thats all there is to it. Always had a funny feeling he was going to kill it in this league.

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote