HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators talk

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2010, 01:32 AM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
The Nashville Post has a short article that says they have a Pred internal memo that shows the teams finances are stronger than under Leipold.

Nashville Post - Preds
Quote:
As opposed to Leipold's model – which essentially operated the arena simply as a carrier vehicle for the team – the Freeman led ownership group has emphasized the symbiotic relationship between the success of the arena and the profitability of the team, putting a larger focus on drawing more non-hockey events to Fifth and Broad.

The team's document ... shows that, during the final five years of ownership under the Leipold regime, the organization lost $46 million before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization. That included $12 million in the 2006-'07 year.

Since 2008, by contrast, the organization's EBITDA has been positive every year and have totaled $6 million.

The average revenue of the organization over the past three years is $74 million. During the Leipold era, the organization averaged $43 million.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 09-25-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old
09-25-2010, 02:18 PM
jcupp

Here's to hoping the on ice play equals the off ice news this season!

Old
09-25-2010, 02:25 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
The Nashville Post has a short article that says they have a Pred internal memo that shows the teams finances are stronger than under Leipold.

Nashville Post - Preds
That's a lot of friggin revenue.

Old
09-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post

Nashville Post - Preds
And the Wild are now losing money under Leipold, anyone seeing a pattern here?

Old
09-25-2010, 04:30 PM
jcupp

How are the Wild losing money when they "sell out" every game?

http://thehockeywriters.com/wilds-se...athetic-farce/

Old
10-02-2010, 04:10 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Shea Weber article.
http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=539152

Quote:
"To have the organization showcase you as a young player, you want to give them your best effort and everything you can," Weber said. "It's a great organization, a great city, and I love playing there.

"I definitely could see that (playing his whole career there). I love everything about it. It's a great place to play, the fans are great and the city's awesome."
Awesomeness.

Also, he's beautiful.
http://www.nashvillelifestyles.com/a...rams=Itemnr=14

Old
10-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Wanttoknow0798

Any thoughts on Joel Ward getting resigned? how many years? Will we trade him? Where?

Old
10-04-2010, 01:06 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanttoknow0798 View Post
Any thoughts on Joel Ward getting resigned? how many years? Will we trade him? Where?
he scored twice today right? give him kovy money and years,

seriously i could see him sticking around as trotz loves him and trusts him. but it would have to be chaep 1-1.25 million. i would guess a 2 year deal would be good for him. we cn only have so many kids playing on the nhl level, and someone has to show them the work ethic.

Old
10-04-2010, 01:58 PM
cleangene

Hate to even think about this, but any word on ticket sales for the Opener Saturday?

Old
10-09-2010, 02:52 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Now this is worth going to the Tennessean for:

Shea Weber stays true to his roots

It's kind of long, but worth it. Excellent article. Makes you want to cheer for Weber even more. Very proud to have him as the Preds captain.

Old
10-16-2010, 03:31 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...otivated-again

Burnside and LeBrun talk with Sullivan about last years playoffs and this upcoming year.

Quote:
"So yes, I do think the guys are hungry. We've never won a playoff series here in Nashville and we definitely let that one slip away. We've got a lot of unfinished business."

Old
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
SR

Hey guys, wasnt sure where to put this, but I wanted to know how Lombardi has looked this year in a preds uniform..

Old
10-17-2010, 05:46 PM
cleangene

Blinked and almost missed him. He's only played 1 full out of the first 4 games, scratched because of some mysterious injury or sickness. I saw his great speed during that game, but only really accounted for 1 major scoring threat. PREDheads continue waiting. On another note, by this time the website fans board would have supplied a variety of comments about the game intro for the season- I'M TOTALLY AWED BY THIS SEASON'S!!!! Any other opinions????

Old
10-18-2010, 12:08 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
Sully was interviewed tonight on NHL on The Fly.

The guy said that many Preds were off to a great start and asked Steve to name 3 who have impressed him the most so far in the early season.

He answered, "Anders Lindback, Shane Obrien, and Cal Oreilly."

Old
10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR17 View Post
Hey guys, wasnt sure where to put this, but I wanted to know how Lombardi has looked this year in a preds uniform..
He was supposed to be playing on our top line of Martin Erat and Colin Wilson. Well, needless to say, both he and Erat have been hurt and Wilson has since been playing on the 4th line.

We can't wait to have him back, but his 20 minutes of ice team hasn't been enough to warrant a review on how he has looked for us this year.

Old
10-18-2010, 03:14 PM
OpenWheel

Several posts lately say things about Wilson playing on our fourth line. Just because he hasn't played powerplay and has a few shifts with Tootoo doesn't make his lines nearly that weak. He's played by far the most with Goc and Dumont. Over 33 percent of his shifts. They aren't fourth line players. They've been a solid line. Tootoo has replaced Dumont once in awhile, but that's so far just ten percent of Wilson's shifts or about a quarter of the times he's played with Goc I think. (His first game with Lombardi and Erat still shows as his second most consistent ice time, lol.)

Even by quality of opposition faced Wilson hasn't been hidden in any way, as he's faced slightly above average opposition from the numbers I find. He's playing on balanced lines, as we figured Trotz would do this year with few true number one players but a lot of depth.

Back more on topic, it sucks Lombardi had a concussion. I know his line with Erat and Wilson didn't do much the first game but early they had a lot of pressure on the goal. I was impressed for about a period from that line. Not much after that. We need Lombardi back but best to wait as many games as needed to prevent any further problems.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 10-18-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old
10-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I guess we find out tomorrow the decision on Backstrom ... one way or another ... ****ing ridiculous how the league has handed out punishment to Doan, yet sat on the thumbs regarding the Backstrom boarding to Goc

Old
10-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I guess we find out tomorrow the decision on Backstrom ... one way or another ... ****ing ridiculous how the league has handed out punishment to Doan, yet sat on the thumbs regarding the Backstrom boarding to Goc
I highly doubt there is any punishment coming to Backstrom...

We are the Nashville Predators. They are the Washington Ovechkins.

Old
10-19-2010, 03:25 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
punishment? For a Caps player vs a Nashville player?

Kris Letang had his major penalty recinded within 24 hours, Doan was suspended within 24 hours. How long was the wait for Hjalmarsson?

It's been over 48 hours, unless they were actively waiting to see how injured Goc was, I don't think a punishment is coming.

Old
10-21-2010, 01:14 PM
kakemono

Why is Shea Weber playing on the right point of the powerplay? This make his slapper null when receiving cross ice passes from the other blueliner. It also shrinks the net when he gets to use it because he is at an angle. Seams more logical to put him left point so his stick is in the middle of the ice.

I'd appreciate some commentary from someone more knowledgable in hockey strategy than me.

Old
10-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
Why is Shea Weber playing on the right point of the powerplay? This make his slapper null when receiving cross ice passes from the other blueliner. It also shrinks the net when he gets to use it because he is at an angle. Seams more logical to put him left point so his stick is in the middle of the ice.

I'd appreciate some commentary from someone more knowledgable in hockey strategy than me.
makes sense to me ... I've never understood why we don't have Suter on the Right Point & Shea on the Left Point for said reason above

Old
10-24-2010, 10:25 PM
jcupp

I can't wait to watch th local news tonight and watch them spend 8 min. saying how great the Titans win was and all the different interviews with players. Then spend about 3 seconds saying "the Preds won again, we'll see you tomorrow."

Old
10-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcupp View Post
I can't wait to watch th local news tonight and watch them spend 8 min. saying how great the Titans win was and all the different interviews with players. Then spend about 3 seconds saying "the Preds won again, we'll see you tomorrow."
Don't worry, WSMV is treating the NFL with kid gloves tonight... Not anywhere close to the treatment the Preds got in the playoffs last year...

BTW, I sincerely hope everyone makes it through this weather safe and sound. It's the one thing I hate about living in the South...

Old
10-24-2010, 10:52 PM
jcupp

Didn't realise the weather was that bad. I hope everyone is ok tonight also.

Old
11-16-2010, 01:22 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
Wow, I thought Id read it all, here is an article from Toronto saying that the Leafs could stand to be more like The Predators.

Of course it has a few back handed compliments and the Leaf fans are saying the same old things in the user comments, but it is well worth a few minutes of your time.

Closed Thread