HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Smid with Concussion, Peckham injured Wrist

Old
11-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Baronsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHLBarons View Post
Chorney has just kind of blended in. Hasn't done anything to impress, but hasn't made many mistakes either. Same with Motin. Taylor's speed is his biggest issue. Hasn't played bad, but he's usually a step behind if they're caught on a rush.
I'm going to have to disagree on this one. Chorney has been the one who doesn't get caught up and behind the play, he seems to always be positionally sound. I haven't noticed his speed to be down, he is smart when jumping in the rush and seems to keep up just fine, like I said he rarely gets caught up behind the play. Whereas Belle is fast, he always lets people behind him when he gets caught up in a rush or attempting to pinch, just take a look at that plus/minus and you can't help but be concerned.

I'd even say that Chorney and Motin are 2 of our better D men. Not every D can be a Lidstrom, or Mike Greene. Usually if a D is just "blending in", then they're doing their job. We might agree to disagree, but I think Chorney and Motin are really underrated.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Oilfan66

If there is a call up!
I has to be Belle first
Petiot second

Smid has history with concussions so im betting this not a over night injury!

Oilfan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:52 PM
Njoy Oilers

[QUOTE=Replacement;28967385]Trouble is I'm a logical person.

We just "sent a message" to the NY Rangers, who we play around once every year, that we don't like them a whole lot and especially Avery. "We're tough, look out, we have bandages, casts, and concussions to prove it."

Whats the point in that? This isn't a divisional rival we have on the repeat dance card.

Meanwhile the rest of the league is laughing at us and with guys like Burrows licking his chops full well knowing how easy it is to get the Oilers paying attention to him and completely off their game.

The Oilers accomplished diddly squat in NY "avenging" Avery who was likely whistling "Clarisse" in the dressing room as the Oilers fought it out. They paid for their reactive foolishness by injuring two players.

Seems counter productive.[/QUO

Even though they are pros, in the heat of the moment things get outa hand and people don't do rational things. They are probably tired of sucking and screwing up. $hit happens and a coouple of guys on a 30th place team going no where got touched up. Now we get to see a couple of call ups.

In the few interviews I saw of the oiler players, they seem to have no problem with the outcome, just pissed at Avery. Pretty much like every other team that have had to deal with the lil' P#@CK.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:57 PM
OILNATION*

Lowball, I love your avatar

OILNATION* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 12:12 AM
Wretched Oil

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fury View Post
If I want a bacon sandwich, I dont need to see the pig get bled and gutted first.
That sucks

Wretched Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Any new updates? I just noticed on TSN that it says, "Smid - Questionable for Wednesday's game."

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:12 AM
Rafters

If the Oil are going to dress Smack as a Dman the it is becoming pretty obvious that they are trying to tank this year. With that being said, Smack is probably a better dman then Strudwick at this point in there careers. Also would Guess chorney would be the first call-up on D if it came to it, probably has the most NHL experience on the farm and his coach has said Chorney and Plante have been the best pairing so far.

Rafters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:41 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Colin Campbell was too busy defending himself to deal with the Avery situation appropriately. Sure it isn't a sucker punch but a cheapshot most certainly. Slashes Komisarek and doesn't get punished.

I think it's hilarious that Campbell considers Savard a fake artist. What does that make Avery who constantly re-offends and escapes the authorities radar?

Avery took a solid dive tonight against the Penguins. Felt a stick and dove head first into the end boards. It's hilarious. Wish I could find the highlight. Ref ignored him with his better judgement.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote