HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dan Girardi

Old
11-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Wanna bump this after tonight's game for showing what a WARRIOR he is. Honestly he's been one of my favorite Rangers this year, he's done everything well. What heart tonight.
I know he's not technically a homegrown Ranger because of drafting (though the Rangers were the ones to give him the shot, so..), but him along with Dubi, Staal, Cally, Anisimov, MDZ, Lundqvist, this team is just so good with it's young talent lately. A true warrior like you said.

The Gaborik fiasco last year was stupid and it seemed I was the only one who didn't care about what happened. Girardi is a team player in every facet of the game and deserved the money he was given in that contract term. There are not many Girardi jerseys at the garden, but this guy deserves to have his name on peoples backs.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:11 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Girardi has been great so far. He has impressed me.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 10:12 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Ditto, missed what, two shifts after having a waterfall of blood stream out of his head?

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 12:55 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

what happened. is it serious?

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 12:57 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
Took a puck to the face and left a trail of blood on the ice. He returned a little while later and finished the game on the ice when the OT goal was scored.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 12:58 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
He's fine. Someone tried to dump the puck in and it caught Danny on the bridge of the nose. He was GUSHING blood everywhere.

He went in, was stitched up, and came back like 2 minutes later. He's a hockey player.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
I know he's not technically a homegrown Ranger because of drafting (though the Rangers were the ones to give him the shot, so..), but him along with Dubi, Staal, Cally, Anisimov, MDZ, Lundqvist, this team is just so good with it's young talent lately. A true warrior like you said.

The Gaborik fiasco last year was stupid and it seemed I was the only one who didn't care about what happened. Girardi is a team player in every facet of the game and deserved the money he was given in that contract term. There are not many Girardi jerseys at the garden, but this guy deserves to have his name on peoples backs.
you werent the only one, i felt it was way overblown myself. honestly it happens to everyone...its happened to me personally speaking. not exactly the same circumstances, but close enough where after the fact i was like...what in gods hell was i doing there...thats not what i should have done, i should have protected my teammate.

am i gutless for screwing up there? or am i just a guy who screwed up whose pretty well liked by my team?

it happens...hes a good player.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:03 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post

I thought it was overblown, too.

I mean, Gaborik instigated the fight! You would think he'd like to handle it himself. Not his fault he can't fight.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:55 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Where is the guy who said Colin White was a better defenseman than Girardi last summer?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:36 AM
msv957

What a warrior Girardi has been... Leading the league in block shots and doing whatever it takes for his team to win the game. He can play on any NHL team's second pairing defense.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:37 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Where is the guy who said Colin White was a better defenseman than Girardi last summer?
Hahaha I had a guy tell me that Brett Clark was a better d-man than Girardi, and that he'd be a #5 on THE LIGHTNING

Needless to say, I laughed in his face.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:22 AM
Richard Brads

Correct me of I'm wrong, but didn't the delay to clean his blood off the ice take longer than he took to come back out

Richard Brads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:44 AM
ZacUSNYR

Wondering if Girardi is going to show up against Buffallo with two black eyes heh - he played awesome and to see him come out after that puck hit him and still play top notch was great.

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 08:04 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I'm impressed. I did not think he had this level of development in him. I thought his play had regressed the past two seasons. He has fully re-established himself as a core player.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 08:14 AM
DekeR

Not only is Girardi playing very well and it's been going on for a while now, but it is the way that both Girardi and Staal are setting examples for the young core to witness and emulate that will have this blue line maturing faster than normal.

DekeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:02 AM
rody

it is great for the younger players to have mentors. When Girardi came up he mentored himself. Staal and G should be on the blueline for many years hopefully.
I have been following him since his days in Barrie, and always new he was a smart player, his physicality just had to catch up.

rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:10 AM
ogie

anyone got a clip of him taking a puck to the face ?

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote