HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian "Gretzky" Boyle?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2010, 12:50 PM
  #76
t3hg00se
Registered User
 
t3hg00se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
If Boyle continues to progress he'll be an amazing part of our top-6.

t3hg00se is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 02:47 PM
  #77
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
If Boyle continues to progress he'll be an amazing part of our top-6.
See, I think that may be going too far.

I think if were lucky, he could be a part of one of the best 3rd lines in hockey

Inferno is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM
  #78
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,168
vCash: 500
I'd like to see Avery replace Fedotenko on the 3rd line....

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
  #79
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I'd like to see Avery replace Fedotenko on the 3rd line....
agreed.

Inferno is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
  #80
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I'd like to see Avery replace Fedotenko on the 3rd line....
Or Prust.

Loffen is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 03:31 PM
  #81
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
So what's the record for most goals without registering an assist? Boyle might have a shot at it...

jniklast is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
  #82
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
So what's the record for most goals without registering an assist? Boyle might have a shot at it...
I was just about to post the same question! I'm curious if there is a season record for goals w/o an assist as well most goals scored in a season before an assist is recorded i.e. someone goes 25g-15a in the season but started out at 15g-0a

n8 is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 07:00 PM
  #83
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
glad to see he's working out for u guys. (I'm a kings fan) Quite a shocker to hear he's scoring 8 goals already as when he was with us, he was almost close to worthless. Hearing what you guys felt about him last year, seems like it's pretty close to what we saw. Trade you a 3rd rounder for him =P

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 07:06 PM
  #84
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
glad to see he's working out for u guys. (I'm a kings fan) Quite a shocker to hear he's scoring 8 goals already as when he was with us, he was almost close to worthless. Hearing what you guys felt about him last year, seems like it's pretty close to what we saw. Trade you a 3rd rounder for him =P
Dude has just found his confidence and has improved in almost every facet of the game. Its funny to me that for Boyle with that 3rd round pick you took Weal who is what? 5'8"?

asparkoflife is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 07:09 PM
  #85
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I'd like to see Avery replace Fedotenko on the 3rd line....
Why? this line is clicking great and Feds has played well.

asparkoflife is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 07:19 PM
  #86
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
Why? this line is clicking great and Feds has played well.
I haven't been that impressed with Fedotenko's game to play... I think he's invisible at times more often than not.... I don't see what Avery did to deserve demotion to the 4th line... He was playing well early on in the season and while his point production tailed off a bit, he's been consistent in his effort.... Plus Avery - Boyle - Prust makes for a hell of a feisty line.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 07:29 PM
  #87
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I haven't been that impressed with Fedotenko's game to play... I think he's invisible at times more often than not.... I don't see what Avery did to deserve demotion to the 4th line... He was playing well early on in the season and while his point production tailed off a bit, he's been consistent in his effort.... Plus Avery - Boyle - Prust makes for a hell of a feisty line.
Feds i consistently one of the hardest workers on the forecheck from what i've seen. He's also got more of a scoring touch than avery. So yes... Avery-Boyle-Prust is feisty...but not much of a scoring threat.

asparkoflife is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 07:34 PM
  #88
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
Feds i consistently one of the hardest workers on the forecheck from what i've seen. He's also got more of a scoring touch than avery. So yes... Avery-Boyle-Prust is feisty...but not much of a scoring threat.
But at the same time, Avery is more of a scoring threat than Prust....

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 07:58 PM
  #89
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
But at the same time, Avery is more of a scoring threat than Prust....
I agree with that. But that has nothing to do with Fedotenko haha.

asparkoflife is offline  
Old
11-15-2010, 09:52 PM
  #90
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
See, I think that may be going too far.

I think if were lucky, he could be a part of one of the best 3rd lines in hockey
I think that'd be pretty reasonable.

Edge is offline  
Old
11-16-2010, 12:36 PM
  #91
Elvis Presley
Aka #30
 
Elvis Presley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
instead of making a new thread about this, I just wanted to post about boyle at his last preseason game this season. I remember the camera was filming all the rangers heading off ice, boyle was waiting last and on the side you could see his face, as if he thought it was the last time he'd skate in the NHL. I almost shed a tear for him like 'dont give up buddy you can make it!' It was a total Kodak moment

and to see him making the team again and doing great. Makes me feel good.

Elvis Presley is offline  
Old
11-16-2010, 12:48 PM
  #92
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Boyle was just on NHL Live with EJ and Don. Talked about his College days, offseason workout with Underhill, last nights game against the Pens and then the Oiler brawl. It was kind of an awkward interview, but that was more on LaGreca.

John Torturella is offline  
Old
11-16-2010, 12:56 PM
  #93
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
See, I think that may be going too far.

I think if were lucky, he could be a part of one of the best 3rd lines in hockey
I agree. I see him as one of those utility guys that will do whatever you need him to as a role player. Kill penalties, be a physical presence, and also contribute some offense at even strength, or as a presence in front of the net on the PP.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
11-16-2010, 01:13 PM
  #94
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan
 
KingPurpleDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: irvine, ca
Posts: 2,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
Dude has just found his confidence and has improved in almost every facet of the game. Its funny to me that for Boyle with that 3rd round pick you took Weal who is what? 5'8"?
haha no idea who he is. but for the most part, i think Lombardi has been gravitating towards project picks that require more time to develop because we have a pretty full cupboard of prospects. wouldn't be surprised to not hear about weal for a few years if at all.

but ya, good to see boyle chugging. 8 goals almost sounds like a fluke cause the guy has been pretty weak his whole career. we all wished he could be awesome, but he just never seemed to have it. it'll be interesting to keep up with his career as we tracked him from 2003

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline  
Old
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
  #95
BrandNewDream
Registered User
 
BrandNewDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bayonne, NJ
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Boyle was just on NHL Live with EJ and Don. Talked about his College days, offseason workout with Underhill, last nights game against the Pens and then the Oiler brawl. It was kind of an awkward interview, but that was more on LaGreca.
Hated how Hradek made fun of Boyle saying there were Oilers everywhere bc they were outnumbered. Way to go, EJ.

BrandNewDream is offline  
Old
11-17-2010, 04:29 AM
  #96
topcat986*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,028
vCash: 500
Guys and fellow brethren of the game of puck! Rejoice at what is and thank his power skating coach. The talent was always there. But due to his size People expected him to be some thing he is not aka a bruiser but what he is in reality is a talented offensive player the Rangers acquired for next to nothing.

PS in Future listen to Rangerfan_79 he truly has hockey based knowledge

topcat986* is offline  
Old
11-17-2010, 04:53 AM
  #97
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
I'd like to see Avery replace Fedotenko on the 3rd line....
I don't understand the hate Feds is getting. You want to replace Feds who has 5 points in his last 3 games with Avery? Sorry, but Feds stays on the 3rd line.

hpNYR is offline  
Old
11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
  #98
I am a Ranger
Registered User
 
I am a Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Why Not? he's scoring like crazy.

8 goals. More than Kovy.

I am a Ranger is offline  
Old
11-17-2010, 04:42 PM
  #99
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,477
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
I don't understand the hate Feds is getting. You want to replace Feds who has 5 points in his last 3 games with Avery? Sorry, but Feds stays on the 3rd line.
I think Feds has been playing fine. Actually, with him on the wing, maybe Boyle will get an assist!

007 is offline  
Old
11-17-2010, 06:22 PM
  #100
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
but ya, good to see boyle chugging. 8 goals almost sounds like a fluke cause the guy has been pretty weak his whole career. we all wished he could be awesome, but he just never seemed to have it. it'll be interesting to keep up with his career as we tracked him from 2003
I think if you watch Rangers games this year you can see his all around game has improved a ton since you've seen normal doses of Boyle. He's a good PKer good at ES and even has earned some PP time this year. He's learned to throw the body more, instead of just leaning on people or using his size for leverage. I dont think he's gonna keep up the pace but it's defintely not out of the question to see Boyle pot 18-20 goals this season.

asparkoflife is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.