HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brayden Schenn

Old
11-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

vCash: 500
Brayden Schenn

I found it very peculiar that Kings top prospect Brayden Schenn had not been iced since October 30th. And in his limited action sees bottom line minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't obvious that he should be playing an impotant role with the Monarchs right now? His minutes aren't horrible at 11+ per game but I personally thinks he deserves a larger role where he can relish in leadership responsibilities.

Appreciate all the insight.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:37 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
I found it very peculiar that Kings top prospect Brayden Schenn had not been iced since October 30th. And in his limited action sees bottom line minutes. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't obvious that he should be playing an impotant role with the Monarchs right now? His minutes aren't horrible at 11+ per game but I personally thinks he deserves a larger role where he can relish in leadership responsibilities.

Appreciate all the insight.
He can't go to the AHL. It is either the NHL or juniors. The Kings are grappling with the dilemma of keeping him in the NHL where he has much to learn and prove, or sending him back to the juniors and effectively wasting his time in a league, and on a team where he has proven himself above and beyond any doubt.

The Kings were thinking of having him around and hoping he could earn his way up the roster a little bit, but it seems like he won't get the opportunity given the great start we got off to, so he either is on the fourth line here playing against men, or he is playing against kids for another year.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:50 AM
redcard

If he could go to Manchester, he absolutely would be there right now.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:58 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Wow. I can't believe I missed that. Now I feel retarded.

Hopefully Lombardi and co. make a decision soon because I hate to see this kid sit. Your roster is deep and it doesn't look like they are going to give him the minutes. So deal with it. Not that it's easy but it seems apparent to me as an outsider. Sounds like infactuation with an uninterested super model. I think they play him or deal with the reality and send him down sooner than later.

I really don't like this rule and the way it can potentially hinder or postpone a players development. In Schenn's case for instance. Their is no question that he is beyond the maturity of junior years and belongs with pros. But in a solidified role with supplementary ice time. It's too bad in this case that Schenn isn't born in December of '90. Now that would be ideal.

Grod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 04:09 AM
Parise9Crosby87

he should go back to the juniors

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 04:11 AM
DickArmy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
he should go back to the juniors
Or Terry Murray could just play him over Westgarth

DickArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:31 AM
krazy kanuck

I don't agree with the philosophy, but the could be stringing out his 9 games until the start of WJC camp (which should be in about 3 weeks). That way they keep him practicing with the big club and see if he can be dominant at the World Juniors before making the final decision on the remainder of the year.

I tend to agree with you, he should already be back in junior getting his minutes.

Cheers,
Shawn

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
I don't agree with the philosophy, but the could be stringing out his 9 games until the start of WJC camp (which should be in about 3 weeks). That way they keep him practicing with the big club and see if he can be dominant at the World Juniors before making the final decision on the remainder of the year.

I tend to agree with you, he should already be back in junior getting his minutes.

Cheers,
Shawn
They were talking about that on XM NHL Home Ice this morning. Let him play limited games in LA (more than the dreaded 9) and then send him to WJC. Then they can return him to Jrs or keep him in LA.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:51 PM
Zizou
Dont Mix Your Drinks

http://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod

Poni to IR
King to Kings
Schenn to WHL

Zizou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Brophy

****in ay.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Shellz

NEvermind.

Last edited by Shellz: 11-16-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Shellz

Hammond:

Quote:
It’s “Big News Tuesday” in El Segundo. Dwight King has been called up from Manchester and Alexei Ponikarovsky is on injured reserve (no surprise there). Scott Parse is not on the ice for practice, and Dean Lombardi said Parse will have surgery to repair his groin, which was never really 100 percent after the preseason injury. Lombardi estimated that Parse might be out until February. Brayden Schenn has been sent to Manchester for a conditioning assignment that can last up to 14 days. More on all of this to come after practice…

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
DeeMeck

IE: Brayden Schenn will conveniently be playing on the east coast when we travel through there. Lombardi has the brains fo sho.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 04:30 PM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
IE: Brayden Schenn will conveniently be playing on the east coast when we travel through there. Lombardi has the brains fo sho.
Nice catch. That's probably what he is doing. Maybe they're gonna try Schenn out at wing?

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:50 PM
JR28

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
They were talking about that on XM NHL Home Ice this morning. Let him play limited games in LA (more than the dreaded 9) and then send him to WJC. Then they can return him to Jrs or keep him in LA.
I really don't think Schenn will be going back to Juniors, especially now since they sent him for two weeks to the AHL. They could call him up while they are on the East coast swing, but most likely he's gone there to play and learn to play the wing.

As for Schenn going to the WJC that is a possibility, but remember they did that with Oscar Moller and he got hurt and hasn't been the same since. So there is that risk of sending him to WJC.

JR28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:54 PM
DeeMeck

I think WJC's would still be a good thing for him. He would probably be a captain, if not THE captain.

Injuries like Moller can happen anywhere from game to practice to WJC's.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:24 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeMeck View Post
I think WJC's would still be a good thing for him. He would probably be a captain, if not THE captain.
I would guess that Ellis will be the Captain. Schenn would almost certainly be an alternate.

Best,
Shawn

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Other Little Mikey

Dean Millard in Edmonton works for the local Global TV channel and does The Pipeline Show (radio) and is also the brother of Darren Millard on Sportsnet. I mention his credentials just to say, presumably he has legitimate sources/contacts.

I'm not listening to their radio show tonight but he tweeted that he's hearing Schenn is in the AHL to buy some time on making a decision about whether to send him back to junior ... because the Kings are going hard after Iginla and Schenn would be part of the package so they'd let the Flames decide where he should play this year.

The twitter feed is here and you can listen to the radio show once they archive it on their website: http://thepipelineshow.com/

My apologies if these are old rumours, I just thought it was interesting.

Other Little Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:12 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
Dean Millard in Edmonton works for the local Global TV channel and does The Pipeline Show (radio) and is also the brother of Darren Millard on Sportsnet. I mention his credentials just to say, presumably he has legitimate sources/contacts.

I'm not listening to their radio show tonight but he tweeted that he's hearing Schenn is in the AHL to buy some time on making a decision about whether to send him back to junior ... because the Kings are going hard after Iginla and Schenn would be part of the package so they'd let the Flames decide where he should play this year.

The twitter feed is here and you can listen to the radio show once they archive it on their website: http://thepipelineshow.com/

My apologies if these are old rumours, I just thought it was interesting.
Only way I see this happening is if Lombardi has upper management breathing down his neck and meddling, even though Lombardi has said countless times that every single decision is made by him, ultimately.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:46 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

We'd take a HUGE step back in trading Schenn for Iginla lol, I think it's nothing but a ridiculous rumor. I say send Schenn down to Brandon, let him dominate for another year, captain team canada to a WJC title and have him compete for a top 6 spot next year

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 04:50 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Millard is less than reputable in my experience. He has never gotten anything actually right when it coms to trade rumors so take it for what its worth.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed Whale 2013 View Post
****in ay.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

If Schenn for Iginla happens I'm turning into an Avalanche fan.

Last edited by Mr Irreverent: 11-17-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 12:02 PM
KingCanadain1976

Ok i was wondering this if we send him down to jrs and he plays outstanding in brandon and jr championship can we call him up after this in feb or so? I think this would be the right idea.So he can play in the playoffs and get the experience of nhl playoffs?

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 05:18 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Ok i was wondering this if we send him down to jrs and he plays outstanding in brandon and jr championship can we call him up after this in feb or so? I think this would be the right idea.So he can play in the playoffs and get the experience of nhl playoffs?
Yes, that is perfectly possible, but it will burn the first year of his ELC.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote