HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers work overtime to Conquer Pittsburgh

Old
11-16-2010, 01:01 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
I havent read it in this thread yet, but I really think they blew the non-call that should have been made on Malkin when the rangers were shorthanded after the staal double minor. Dubinsky was breaking in on MAF and Malkin clearly had his stick up in his mid section a good amount and nothing was called.

It was an AWFUL game by the officials. Yeah a pens fan (or at least the crybaby announcers did) will say that staal got away with roughing up cooke in front of the net in the 3rd, Cooke also got away with things in that game. On top of that, Cooke went right back at Staal so if anything was going to be called they probably both would have gotten minors.

And I dont care if it was incidental or not, crosby entered the crease and slew footed henrik. That is an automatic interference call. No doubt about it. Feds went into the netminder the other day and had his goal taken away even though it seemed like a clean goal and he did try to pull up. There was no hesitation by the refs to make a call. And what crosby did is called all the time. Its absolutely ridiculous.

The gaborik and callahan calls against them were awful. It just seemed like the refs were looking to make a call against us.

I really feel like one day its all gonna come out. We're gonna have a similar scandal to that of the NBA where a referee(s) has money on the game and they make calls based on that to favor the outcome. Wouldnt be surprised if its that ******* Massenhoven. He is a absolutely ****ing awful.

And that pens fan can go take his comment and shove it where the sun dont shine. They have the biggest whiners of all whiners in sports history wearing #87 on their team. Henrik rarely complains about officiating. I dont think I've ever heard him say anything.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:28 PM
bmw2004

I wish I can find Colin ****ing Campbell or Gary Bettman email address somehow. I have some info on that, do you think it is the right one? gbettman@nhl.com. I doubted they'll put him on the phone if I dial this number 212-789-2000.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:59 PM
NYROrtsFan

Again...

I'm a huge fan of the Jets and Yankees and while the refs have killed those teams at times, it is never the same as the Rangers. Eventually it feels like things even out for those teams.

Only with the Rangers do I ever feel like things never even out.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:04 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

To me, in watching the Pittsburgh/Rangers games the last few years since the lockout, you guys (most of you) are looking at it wrong. It's not the number of penalty calls they're getting (or not getting), its the quality of calls called for and against them.

Yeah, they may be the third most penalized team in the NHL or whatever that number is, but look at the quality of the calls last night. The refs were calling a ticky-tacky game. If you're going to call a ticky-tacky game, you have to call it both ways. From what I saw, the Crosby trip on Lundqvist wasn't bad and I personally wouldn't call a penalty. However, with the other questionable calls last night, that is a call that has to be made.

To me, officiating is all about consistency, and unfortunately, in watching the game and team that I love on a regular basis for the last 4-5 years, NHL officials are anything but consistent. I hate calling out referees, because it really is a tough job to do, and blaming officials for the outcome in a game is not a good excuse. But from what I've seen the last few years, it needs to be done. I'm glad these emails from Campbell have turned up. He needs to go. Something needs to change.

The Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Thanks, gaylord....

(Dane Cook joke for all of you that don't listen to DC)
no problem buddy.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:02 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I started a thread about this topic that got deleted last night, but I proposed in the game day thread as well that the Rangers need to put a tape together of all the BS calls, non-calls, offsides not called, etc. over the entire season and send it to the league. If the league doesn't respond internally, hell, leak the fact that they ignored you to the press. If the league disciplines the Rangers for telling the press that the league ignored the video, it'll look TERRIBLE on the NHL, therefore they probably wouldn't do anything.

The refs were the worst they've been all year last night, but they've been pretty terrible in general and it's made things a hell of a lot harder for us in a few games (particularly the ones Fedotenko had disallowed goals in.)

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:21 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
no problem buddy.
I'm not your buddy, pal.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:34 PM
I am a Ranger

Great comeback with about 1:26 left, but they shouldn't have even gave up 2 goals in the first place. Thats a good 2 points though.

I am a Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:36 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterqvist24 View Post
I'm not your buddy, pal.
I'm not your pal, guy

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:38 PM
chip chipperson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Henrik is the man. Just wanted to say that.
i heard they tried to make a henrik style toilet paper. it was a total failure because it didn't take **** from anyone

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
i heard they tried to make a henrik style toilet paper. it was a total failure because it didn't take **** from anyone
bravo sir...bravo.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I havent read it in this thread yet, but I really think they blew the non-call that should have been made on Malkin when the rangers were shorthanded after the staal double minor. Dubinsky was breaking in on MAF and Malkin clearly had his stick up in his mid section a good amount and nothing was called.
I was watching the Pens broadcast (because of HD) and they were even surprised and the color analyst said that the refs will make up for that miss call.

We saw where that went.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 04:57 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I was watching the Pens broadcast (because of HD) and they were even surprised and the color analyst said that the refs will make up for that miss call.

We saw where that went.
Same. I was also watching the pens broadcast because i had to watch online. I hated them all game. Just whining about avery every 5 seconds. Thats all they really had to talk about. They seemed to have no knowledge of anything about the rangers other than being able to say the obvious which is Henrik was outstanding last night. They complained about non calls that didnt go in the Pens favor. They were worse than Micheletti and almost as bad as Chico Resch.

However, the one thing I did agree with is their reaction to the non call on malkin when he was basically all over dubinsky.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:01 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
The Callahan call on Malkin was an absolute disgrace. They need to find a way to crack down on that nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Berry Crunch View Post
The hooking call on Gaborik is still bewildering to me, as well.

Those 2 calls along with no-call on Dubi who was hooked on a scoring chance by Malkin.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
lancer247

As a Flyer's fan putting in my two cents it's not that the PENS get more calls it's that they get calls in the form of protection.

I am sure the Pens have their share of penalties called against them because they are a big physical team so they number probably even out over the course of a season or several seasons. What bothers me is that when teams, whether it's the Flyers or any opther team, try to take away space from the Pens star players or just play a physical game the refs seem to make calls intentionally designed to force the opposing team to have either back of their pressure or get called for ridiculous calls.

The refs essentially create space for Pens star players by calling penalties for aggressive play that often gets overlooked or maybe the player gets a warning in between plays.

Maybe I am just being a homer?

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Blazephr

Quote:

It was an AWFUL game by the officials. Yeah a pens fan (or at least the crybaby announcers did) will say that staal got away with roughing up cooke in front of the net in the 3rd, Cooke also got away with things in that game.
On top of that, Cooke went right back at Staal so if anything was going to be called they probably both would have gotten minors.

And I dont care if it was incidental or not, crosby entered the crease and slew footed henrik. That is an automatic interference call. No doubt about it. Feds went into the netminder the other day and had his goal taken away even though it seemed like a clean goal and he did try to pull up. There was no hesitation by the refs to make a call. And what crosby did is called all the time. Its absolutely ridiculous.

The gaborik and callahan calls against them were awful. It just seemed like the refs were looking to make a call against us.

I really feel like one day its all gonna come out. We're gonna have a similar scandal to that of the NBA where a referee(s) has money on the game and they make calls based on that to favor the outcome. Wouldnt be surprised if its that ******* Massenhoven. He is a absolutely ****ing awful.

And that pens fan can go take his comment and shove it where the sun dont shine. They have the biggest whiners of all whiners in sports history wearing #87 on their team. Henrik rarely complains about officiating. I dont think I've ever heard him say anything.
am I the only one to notice that Cook slew-footed Staal in that scrum? Looking at Staal's face ...he clearly had the wind knocked out of him from hitting the ice that hard. It took him a few minutes to recover.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:

Ive been saying this for years (half-joking when I say it). And its not just on the Rangers. I watch a crap load of games per day (thank you free center-ice) and at least one game a day I find the officials favoring one team over another. Or at least it looks that way..

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Rust Heisenberg

Anyone remember that playoff game against Pitt a few years ago when the Penguins got that 4 minute high sticking call for them (there was no visible blood shown from any of the cameras) and then Drury got high sticked literally minutes later, gushing blood all over the jersey, and there was no penalty call?

We lost that game and were eliminated from the playoffs.

The refs are a disgrace. Simple as that.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I am a Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Anyone remember that playoff game against Pitt a few years ago when the Penguins got that 4 minute high sticking call for them (there was no visible blood shown from any of the cameras) and then Drury got high sticked literally minutes later, gushing blood all over the jersey, and there was no penalty call?

Yessir. These refs are terrible. Not one call for us and there were clearly calls that could have been made. I recall Lundqvist getting knocked into. I also recall Avery getting knocked down and Sam Rosen even questioned whether it should have been a penalty or not. The refs were blind for the rangers last night, but gave Pittsburgh what? 5 PP's.

Old
11-16-2010, 05:29 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post

Drury obviously high-sticked himself.

There is a guy on here who had that pic for his avatar for a while.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:43 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Ranger View Post
Yessir. These refs are terrible. Not one call for us and there were clearly calls that could have been made. I recall Lundqvist getting knocked into. I also recall Avery getting knocked down and Sam Rosen even questioned whether it should have been a penalty or not. The refs were blind for the rangers last night, but gave Pittsburgh what? 5 PP's.
6...which became 7 after Hank flipped out.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:44 PM
In Disgust

Granted, being stuck in the UK, I'm stuck with watching highlights- but it seems to me the only times the rangers win is either against a bad team (Edmonton) or in a very sloppy rough style that can't allow consistency (Pittsburgh).

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Rangers fan, but every time I watch these repeats (and many games) it seems to be a very sloppy game they play. Rarely do I see beautiful set ups. I know, you'll be quick to point out a million, but from my perspective, it seems like the Rangers rarely can take on a team like Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Washington and get the two points. Not to mention they can't win at home, something that's more glaring than anything else.

this fits the topic about Crysbaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufu1...eature=related

In Disgust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:45 PM
I am a Ranger

True. But you know something, the refs in every damn sport suck. So it's not just hockey.

Old
11-16-2010, 05:48 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer247 View Post
As a Flyer's fan putting in my two cents it's not that the PENS get more calls it's that they get calls in the form of protection.

I am sure the Pens have their share of penalties called against them because they are a big physical team so they number probably even out over the course of a season or several seasons. What bothers me is that when teams, whether it's the Flyers or any opther team, try to take away space from the Pens star players or just play a physical game the refs seem to make calls intentionally designed to force the opposing team to have either back of their pressure or get called for ridiculous calls.

The refs essentially create space for Pens star players by calling penalties for aggressive play that often gets overlooked or maybe the player gets a warning in between plays.

Maybe I am just being a homer?
I think it goes a little further than that and yesterday's game was a case in point. With the Pens trailing and even with all the calls having been against the Rangersthrought the first two periods the referees were still looking for stuff to call against the Rangers in the 3rd period. I don't know if this would have been any different if it had been a Flyers-Pens game but in the 3rd period the Pens got 3 more pwp's and the first two calls against Gaborik and Callahan were total crap and the third against an obviously frustrated Lundqvist could have easily been let go considering the circumstances. There were several instances where the Penguins could have been whistled for a penalty during the game--it didn't happen. Pens outshot us 39-25 but how much of that was due to pwp time? Not sure. Territorially the Pens had the advantage during the game but then again when you're getting numerous pwp's and the other team isn't it's a lot easier to sustain your momentum. The game wasn't called fairly and that often happens to us against that team. The Caps seem to be another favorite in the eyes of the referees. The league has spent a lot of marketing dollars on creating fabulous scenarios in which either Crosby or Ovechkin will lift the cup. The fans of 28 other teams would just like to see the games played out more than less fairly and let the best team win.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:49 PM
DutchShamrock

some quick thoughts. I wonder if this had anything to do with the Oilers game the night before. Augier took out a previous game's embarrassment on Burrows, this could be a similiar case.

In the Campbell articles, Colin mentions that he has to answer to GMs about bad calls. I take some satisfaction in knowing that he had to have a conversation with Glenn today. I don't know why it pleases me, but it does.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote