HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal, Toronto in talks with Anaheim.

Old
11-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Aznrx8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
Aah no. Habs keep Subban.

Leafs get the finger. Guess which one.
You mean Leafs gets the finger both from Subban and Ryan

Aznrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 01:40 PM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert604strom View Post
I think eklund sucks,is usually wrong but i think both teams are probaly interested in cory perry because montreal is a smaller team and toronto is just weak with no guts at all within the top 6(minus versteeg)

to montreal:perry and a prospect dmen to the ducks,kositsyn,(excuse the spelling)Boyd and a pick of some sort

To tor perry,plus alot of false hope to the ducks,graboski,prospect(d`amigo) and someone like brad ross or cuputi

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 04:08 PM
tankotopgun

who knows maybe montreal is looking for a d man consider markov is once again injured. i think they would consider taking komisarek back.

mtl-komisarek, lupul
anh-gomez
leafs- plekanec

i just picked names out of hat lol

tankotopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 05:09 PM
alx83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankotopgun View Post
who knows maybe montreal is looking for a d man consider markov is once again injured. i think they would consider taking komisarek back.

mtl-komisarek, lupul
anh-gomez
leafs- plekanec

i just picked names out of hat lol
Obviously, Gomez is not only a downgrade from Lupul, but has an even more ridiculous contract than his (even though I really don't think Lupul's is that bad).

alx83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 06:09 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HishonHishoff View Post
2 GM's in the NHL talking to each other? NO WAY.
I recognize this is a facetious comment on your part, but I actually think this is what a lot of HFers think.

It seems there's this notion floating around that, because fans of different teams tend to hate each other, that GMs of different teams must be just as competitive. In reality, these guys rely on each other to essentially help them out. They talk to each other a lot. Some of them are even friends.

I hate it that Eklund profits from that misinformation...

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
tankotopgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG We Need Defense View Post
Obviously, Gomez is not only a downgrade from Lupul, but has an even more ridiculous contract than his (even though I really don't think Lupul's is that bad).
www.hockeydb.com look up both. gomez is a good player his contract makes him look bad. again i think the trade sounds a bit like an exageration but on paper its not bad. also gomez would have a very different supporting cast on the ducks i wouldnt be surprised if he regained some of his old skill and put another 70 + point season which i dont believe lupul has cracked. plekanec is a good center that could help alot for toronto up the middle. and montreal gets rid of gomez contract while picking up another top 6 forward and top 4 d.

tankotopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankotopgun View Post
gomez is a good player his contract makes him look bad.
I don't disagree, but his contract is a no-starter for the budget-limited Ducks, independent what is built around it.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote