HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pointblank Closed today at 4

Old
11-16-2010, 09:32 PM
blevine77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Bangkok View Post
But its not shutdown. Its still there. Botta is just not posting anymore and he's deleting some of the things he wrote/comments. Must be pressure from somewhere. He's been doing radio interviews since Sunday too. someone doesn't like what he's doing.
What posts have been deleted? I read daily and looked over the last few days' posts and didn't notice anything missing, but I could have easily forgotten about a post or two. But it looks like the most inflammatory posts are still up there (like the one inferring Wang is paranoid, etc.).

blevine77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:35 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Really? I was hoping the season was over now.
I'm starting to lean this way. Putting everything that has happened to this organization together, what a soap opera. So whose gonna write the sequel to Fishsticks?

Sad, it's only November... and I'm craving for June.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:37 PM
redbull
game on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnpike Terrors View Post
I know everyone here hates Wang but I seriously didn't expect this much of the fan base to be foolish enough to think there's a crazy conspiracy theories that Wang shut down a site he has no control what so ever over. Listen I dislike Charles as much as the next fan but for all we know it could be a technical problem, a problem with sny or it could just be a personal problem with Botta. Botta is a baby and would have littered his twitter page immediately even if there was some remote chance that Charles Wang shut down his website. This thread should be locked for the insanity going on here.

you may be right.

but this team, under Wang, does everything wrong. It's not an accident.

Botta may be acting childish with his posts, maybe they are personally, maybe he has a vendetta....but he writes from the heart and he's VERY FACTUAL and VERY FAIR.

It's Snow and the Islanders that have a problem. They act like it's unethical to criticize the team....what a f'in joke.

Shameful.

Whether pointblank specifically was stopped/censored or influenced in any way is irrelevant at this point. They've already muzzled every other critical voice and established a media puppet at newsday.

Just a colossal joke.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Isles Junkie

WTF is this garbage? IPB is an independent blog. Damn Wang is being such a little baby here.

You have 2 damn people who cover this POS team and only a few thousand who actually care about it anymore. Be thankful for every bit of coverage you get.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedIsles View Post
I'm starting to lean this way. Putting everything that has happened to this organization together, what a soap opera. So whose gonna write the sequel to Fishsticks?

Sad, it's only November... and I'm craving for June.
Are you guys serious? The seasons not over. Yeah it sucks they've lost 10 in a row but it's November and are still 7 points, YES 7 POINTS, out of the 8th seed. I know they have looked like absolute doody lately but they looked great in the first 7 or so games. I don't believe they're as good as they were in the begining and I sure don't think they're as terrible as they've looked the past month. Remember Carolina looked horrendous last season in the begining and then were in it somewhat in it til the end. People are so easily swung in either direction all its gonna if the isles win the next three games everyones gonna be saying we've turned the corner so just chill.

And I'm not attacking you specifically just everyone saying the season is over has irritated me. Not that I thought they'd make the playoffs to begin with its just sit back it's only a game.

Last edited by Bunk Moreland: 11-16-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
you may be right.

Botta may be acting childish with his posts, maybe they are personally, maybe he has a vendetta....but he writes from the heart and he's VERY FACTUAL and VERY FAIR.

It's Snow and the Islanders that have a problem. They act like it's unethical to criticize the team....what a f'in joke.

Shameful.

Whether pointblank specifically was stopped/censored or influenced in any way is irrelevant at this point. They've already muzzled every other critical voice and established a media puppet at newsday.

Just a colossal joke.
Believe me I know how much of a circus this organization is. All I'm saying is wait until Botta actually says what the cause is before grabbing your pitchforks (not that we needed another reason lol)

Old
11-16-2010, 09:45 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
you may be right.

Shameful.

Just a colossal joke.
excellent post redbull. I think Botta is very fair. He is critical, but thats his job. And now because Wang has a hard on for not getting ridiculed, we have to listen to Butch ****ing Goring butche every single players name in the NHL instead of listening to fair and sometimes critical, but very accurate analysis of Jaffe. It is an absolute joke. Its not fun to watch the games and its not fun to listen to Butchy either.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:48 PM
ledzep1212
COYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
WTF is this garbage? IPB is an independent blog. Damn Wang is being such a little baby here.

You have 2 damn people who cover this POS team and only a few thousand who actually care about it anymore. Be thankful for every bit of coverage you get.
Wang didn't shut down IPB. Can we stop with this ********? Wang has no control over IPB at all and hasn't for over a year now.

ledzep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:52 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
Quote:
Are you guys serious? The seasons not over. Yeah it sucks they've lost 10 in a row but it's November and are still 7 points, YES 7 POINTS, out of the 8th seed. I know they have looked like absolute doody lately but they looked great in the first 7 or so games. I don't believe they're as good as they were in the begining and I sure don't think they're as terrible as they've looked the past month. Remember Carolina looked horrendous last season and were in it somewhat in it til the end. People are so easily swung in either direction all its gonna if the isles win the next three games everyones gonna be saying we've turned the corner so just chill.

And I'm not attacking you specifically just everyone saying the season is over has irritated me. Not that I thought they'd make the playoffs to begin with its just sit back it's only a game.
I understand you want to hang on to any thread of hope (I've been there), but you can't compare NYI and Carolina's situation, let alone, have faith that this roster will vie for a PO spot (as you imply). We've witness some of the WORST New York Islander hockey since the lean years of the 90's. The common thread between both eras, horrible owners.

And if you intended on it, I'd appreciate it if you didn't lump me in the group of see-saw fans (often called "Bi-Polar" around these parts); they win 3 straight, fabulous, my outlook will remain the same.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:54 PM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep1212 View Post
Here is the thing though Wang has no power at all to shut down IPB. That is what most everybody here and on the other site do not seem to be understanding. Since the Isles stopped sponsoring IPB they have had no control over what got posted. I know its weird timing but there is almost no chance that Wang has anything to do with this.
see Billy Jaffe

beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach View Post
see Billy Jaffe
Billy Jaffe is completely irrelevant to this situation... The Islanders actually had a say in Jaffe not being retained.. and they have absolutely no say in what goes on with IPB.

Old
11-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Wang didn't shut down IPB. Can we stop with this ********? Wang has no control over IPB at all and hasn't for over a year now.
It's all very very fishy though. One day Snow blows off Chris for an interview. Then Chris doesn't get a press briefing to be part of the conference call. Now this.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:05 PM
beach
Things are looking

Quote:
Billy Jaffe is completely irrelevant to this situation... The Islanders actually had a say in Jaffe not being retained.. and they have absolutely no say in what goes on with IPB.
Wow, are you naive. Of course Wang can have influence. If the Isles give SNY annual monies to produce media for them, and Wang were to call SNY and tell them that future business is on the line, SNY would have to seriously consider that threat. Hypothetically, of course, but very possible.

Old
11-16-2010, 10:06 PM
beach
Things are looking

Quote:
I didn't know you were a Zep fan Garth!

Old
11-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
Wow, are you naive. Of course Wang can have influence. If the Isles give SNY annual monies to produce media for them, and Wang were to call SNY and tell them that future business is on the line, SNY would have to seriously consider that threat. Hypothetically, of course, but very possible.
And if that were the case what the hell would stop Botta from telling everyone what the deal is. It could just be a personal matter for Botta that he doesn't want to parade around the internet abuot. I'm sorry I'm not ready to rip Wang a new one on this it would be insane to. I got a flat tire the other day at ncc maybe it was him too..

I think you guys forgot CB is a national sportswriter now and for the Islanders to legitly try and censor him would cause a media uproar and we would know about it so just relax not everythings chuckies fault.

Old
11-16-2010, 10:13 PM
beach
Things are looking

Quote:
And if that were the case what the hell would stop Botta from telling everyone what the deal is. It could just be a personal matter for Botta that he doesn't want to parade around the internet abuot. I'm sorry I'm not ready to rip Wang a new one on this it would be insane to. I got a flat tire the other day at ncc maybe it was him too..
I've bolded the part of Botta's statement that makes me think it is not just a personal matter:

Due to circumstances currently beyond my control, Point Blank will be closed indefinitely starting today at 4:00 pm. Could be for a few days or longer. I do not know, but will keep you posted. Thank you for the support always, and for hanging in. Coincidentally, a dear friend of mine in the business sent me this video from today of Don LaGreca on “NHL Live,” that touches on the state of Islanders talk in the media.

Old
11-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Darth Bangkok

Quote:
Are you guys serious? The seasons not over. Yeah it sucks they've lost 10 in a row but it's November and are still 7 points, YES 7 POINTS, out of the 8th seed. I know they have looked like absolute doody lately but they looked great in the first 7 or so games. I don't believe they're as good as they were in the begining and I sure don't think they're as terrible as they've looked the past month. Remember Carolina looked horrendous last season in the begining and then were in it somewhat in it til the end. People are so easily swung in either direction all its gonna if the isles win the next three games everyones gonna be saying we've turned the corner so just chill.

We'd need more than just good play to make the playoffs at this point. other teams would have to go into freefall like we have. On NHL on the Fly the other night they had a graphic for how well teams had to play to get the amount of points that were needed to get into the playoffs based on last year's number. The Isles need like a 59.5% winning percentage or something like that. That's 6 out of every ten games. They might do it once or even twice, but 6.5 times? Do it in every ten game stretch? I'm not sure about that.

Darth Bangkok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Sideshow Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
Wow...

What do we know? Wang is an awful owner, and Botta is a drama queen. What does one have to do with the other.

Seriously, Isles fans are like traumatized Pakastanis who see the Mossad behind everything.

Maybe the Islander's irrelevance caused SNY to pull the plug on the sponsorship. The simpler explanation is more likely correct...

Cheers,

Dan-o
Dan-o - you are a party-pooper. your post is 100% accurate, and logical. Consipiracy theories are much more fun! I went back to look at my copies of the Zapruder film of JFK on that fateful day in Dallas. when I look at the film through an infrared filter, polarizing lens, digitally re-processed through a flux capacitor while hopping on one foot, patting my head and rubbing my belly, I can clearly make out Charles Wang in the bushes!!!

Sideshow Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Bunk Moreland

Quote:
I've bolded the part of Botta's statement that makes me think it is not just a personal matter:

Due to circumstances currently beyond my control, Point Blank will be closed indefinitely starting today at 4:00 pm. Could be for a few days or longer. I do not know, but will keep you posted. Thank you for the support always, and for hanging in. Coincidentally, a dear friend of mine in the business sent me this video from today of Don LaGreca on “NHL Live,” that touches on the state of Islanders talk in the media.
Im just going to agree to disagree I think your just reading too much into it.

Old
11-16-2010, 10:29 PM
OpAck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
It's all very very fishy though. One day Snow blows off Chris for an interview. Then Chris doesn't get a press briefing to be part of the conference call. Now this.
Not to mention the fact that Botta says he can't get a season press pass from the Isles, but can for the Rangers and Devils.

The Islanders are a business. They, like most businesses, like to control the message and control the flow of information regarding the team and hockey ops. That goes for their handling of news regarding injuries to players and other various info, especially coming from the lockerroom. With that said, I don't think there's any doubt that people in this organization (whether it's Wang or Snow or whomever) aren't pleased with Chris and his blog. He's been too honest, too blunt, and at times...too critical of the franchise, which has been a breath of fresh air for alot of us. Garth, I feel pretty comfortable in saying, would like to lock Botta out of the Islanders entirely. This wasn't the first time Garth and the Isles pulled an "oopsies" and kept Chris out of interview or conference call. And he did reveal some pretty telling things in the last week or two. So, the intent is definitely there for them to at least pressure Chris, AOL, or SNY to cut it out or cease and desist, whatever.

Chris has been as upfront as possible with the goings-on regarding his blog. He also stays pretty well connected with his followers even when his mind is not on the Islanders or on hockey. He has to know people are screaming about how Wang and/or Snow is attempting to shut down IPB based on what HE HIMSELF has posted. If this indefinite shutdown had nothing to do with the Islanders...he would take the 20 seconds and tweet, "Hey guys, maybe I should've been clear, Wang/Snow/Islanders have nothing to do with the site shutdown, it's a personal matter." He's already got a bruised relationship with Snow and some in the Islander organization...I don't think he'd risk getting entirely cut off based on something he said or didn't say on his blog and not being clear enough.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:30 PM
StarBucks

I'm done with this team, Wang can go to hell that Commy. This isn't China..This is USA!!!!

StarBucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:45 PM
nystromshairstylist
Puck Control Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyb91 View Post
HAHA you got to be kidding me, still after all this crap your still sucking wangs wang....the guy is an egotistical a-hole and is ruining our favorite franchise....wake the **** up and realize it
While I agree that Wang is problematic, he is also dealing with a political machine in Nassau county that is incredibly corrupt. Al Scumb-g D'amato is the ringleader of that circus of thieves who have picked at the islander torso like a vulture for years.

I have read that Wang has lost many millions since buying the islanders, and that they continue to bleed money each year given the dated stadium and bad contract associated with it.

We won' know for sure for 5 years until their lease ends, and they can switch to Queens, etc. If they do move to a location with a better stadium arrangement and their payroll quickly climbs, we'll know what was the cause.

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 10:54 PM
nystromshairstylist
Puck Control Master

Quote:
#1 - the timing is suspicious

#2 - while Wang obviously had no editorial control, his attorneys could have threatened legal nuclear war against the site, which Botta or whoever the guy is would not have the deep pockets to match millions of dollars in attorney fees. Botta might have prevailed in a case, but probably just could not have afforded the lengthy legal battle.

#3 - if Wang has plans to move the team to Queens, he might have leaned on SNY/Mets org to pressure the guy to close.

nystromshairstylist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:00 PM
mczerkawski21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBucks View Post
I'm done with this team, Wang can go to hell that Commy. This isn't China..This is USA!!!!
YEA!!! USA! USA! USA!...this is seriously becoming a joke. IF indeed it was shut down because of his opinion, and the islanders don't own the website im pretty sure thats an infringement on the Freedom of Press amendment. I could be wrong. If that is the case though think about how much of a laughing stoke we are becoming. There are plenty of Toronto writers who speak negatively about the Leafs. You don't see them getting in trouble. WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM THIS COULD AND WOULD HAPPEN TO IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

mczerkawski21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:28 PM
lacunacoil777

Wang is a control freak. He forced gordan to play a useless dipietro early in the losing streak. He dumps Jaffe because he was to critical. He tells snow not to do interview w/ botta. Anyone who is old enough to have met/ worked with wealthy business men knows that Wang threatened legal action on botta. Threatening legal action is what rich people do. Botta has a family to feed so it's up to another poster to create a new blog. One that's easy to read like bottas. Otherwise I will. And I'd love to get Wang in court.

lacunacoil777 is offline   Reply With Quote