HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards: "Something might happen to Subban.."

Old
11-16-2010, 11:17 PM
number 11

vCash: 500
Mike Richards: "Something might happen to Subban.."

MAGodin (twitter)

Richards: I'm not saying I'll do it, but something might happen to (Subban) if he continues to be that cocky. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...ampaign=Sports (French)

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:19 PM
De Montreal
help

Calder Trophy may happen

De Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Kriss E

Well, he pretty much just give proof that if something were ever to happen to Subban, from Richards, then it would be completely 100% premeditated.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:20 PM
overlords
Hfboards

questions may be answered

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:21 PM
habtastic

when they were sparring I got the idea that's what he was telling PK. It's so unwarranted. It's not cockyness at all. They just don't like getting schooled by a rookie. As I mentioned in another thread, I am worried about PK, but if anyone tries to go after him intentionally, that's just an example of a coward with an inferiority complex. As good of a player richards is (and bad), he's a ****** and tonight his frustration (shoving AK) boiled over cuz he couldn't take it. If that comment is true, WHAT A LOSER...he's officially become Cherry's pet.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:22 PM
Tusk

So Richards doesn't like Subban acting like Richards?

Tusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:23 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
MAGodin (twitter)

Richards: I'm not saying I'll do it, but something might happen to (Subban) if he continues to be that cocky. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...ampaign=Sports (French)
That statement show how much pressure P.K. has on his shoulder, not only he is playing in the hockey city where there is ton of pressure fro both the medias and fans but other teams will try everything they can to break him.. But Im not worried, if someone can take it its Subban!! I hope Subban fight Richards next game and destroy his ugly face.. That would a huge on ice statement to every players in the league..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:23 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Yea a Calder trophy will happen.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:24 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
MAGodin (twitter)

i just dont understand it, its like a whole bunch of people just got together and came up with "ok, lets not like this guy, hes too cocky"

huh? the guy just plays good freaking hockey and as someone else mentioned, it seems some players arent enjoying getting schooled by a rookie, its completely mindblowing

id be more inclined to say, some of these guys are just flat out racist, this cocky thing is such a bad excuse

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:25 PM
PhillyFrisco

Subban is the kind of player you will hate... unless if he's on your team. It's too bad Montreal got him.

PhillyFrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Carey Chant

Keep it on the ice, best place to hurt someone is on the scoreboard or with a nice clean body check.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:26 PM
RE-HABS

Subban isn't looking for the attention, the other teams are giving him the attention...there is a difference and Richards should look in the mirror, he came into the league the same way.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Natural Habs Fan

The Flyers looked like a bunch of spoiled overachieving goons tonight.

Natural Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Clumsyhab

Subban's fists will be sore next Monday because of Richards face. That's what is going to happen.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:27 PM
PhillyFrisco

I must say though that Richards made a big misstep divulging that to the media. He'll totally receive a stiffer sentence if he does something to PK.

PK vs. Avery would make for a fantastic trolling match.

PhillyFrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Cupmonger

Something might happen to Subban... Then again Mr Richards, something might happen to you and your team. I'm not saying I'll do it. But seeing how People in Montreal react over things regarding hockey, somebody's bound to do something if you keep gooning up like you just did.

Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Galchenyuk94

Love the trolls on our team

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Stradale

Boo hoo hoo.. PK is crapping his pants right now.. not.

What are you gonna do Richards? Or what do you think will happen to PK because he's getting under his opponent's skin, please enlighten us.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Lucius

Clearly this is all about his mouth not his play.

Just watching the game, you can tell he's always talking and it's clearly pissing off the other teams.

Good for him, if it's working, but given the level of trash talk in hockey and the responses he seems to get every game, I think it's for the best that we don't hear...

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

is this the year?

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:41 PM
LyricalLyricist

Like any young player, they need to learn where to pick their spots in the offensive zone, when going for a big hit or just talking. It's not to say I want Subban to tone it down as I love the energy he brings to the team. This guy's fearless, charismatic attitude(along with skillset obviously) in a market like montreal might end up legendary but you wonder if Pk tries to do too much. He's a multi-dimensional force out there and wants to be involved in every play which is amazing, but I hope he doesn't get his hands full. Unfortunately, many players have been targetted for less. I feel bad(well, not really bad) if a guy ever ends Subban or Price's career. I'm sure some habs fan with some screws loose will terrorize the guy lol

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:42 PM
Gustave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
The Flyers looked like a bunch of spoiled overachieving goons tonight.
This. +100

That's all they are. Shrimps like Giroux even act like it. Don't believe me? Joel Bouchard between the benches tonight mentioned how he told ALL of Montreal's bench to not hit his hands while he wasn't wearing is gloves. Habs were like"WTF dude?" That's the Flyers for you.

Gustave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:52 PM
TankEller*

hahahaha! What an idiot.

Without knowing it, Richards just gave us a 100% insurance nothing is going to happen to Subban Monday night. Or else, the league will know it was premiditated, and the consequences will be twice as big as it would've been initially.

That being said, I would like to see Subban knock him out with his fists. Fair, square-off fight between those two would probably end up in something interesting. Subban is not to be underestimated. Kid's a monster physically and doesn't look like he's afraid from eating a punch in the face, if it means you can throw 2 others.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Subban isn't looking for the attention, the other teams are giving him the attention...there is a difference and Richards should look in the mirror, he came into the league the same way.
I find that hard to believe. Subban is obviously running his mouth on the ice.
We don't hear anything that is said on the ice, so it's tough to know.
But if you played sports, then you know trash talking is constantly present and with the way people react to Subban, I'm convinced this guy is a pest.
It's not like it's the first time, it seems every team we play against love to take runs at PK, so he must be doing something to deserve such treatment especially at such a young age, and I doubt it's only because he swirls around a lot.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Next Best Thing*

Okay my question is, why does Richards even say this in the first place? Not because he's coming across as a whiny ***** but because PK Subban has been killing the Flyers since he entered the league.

In his first two games he had I believe an assist in each? It was a back to back where he was our best defenseman and player in both games and logged 20+ mins avg.

Then in the playoffs he had 4 points in 5 games (for the philly series) when the team scored a grand total of 7 goals and he was laregly responsible for the team's only win when the series was basically unwinnable and we should of went out in 4, imo.

Richards should show some freaking respect and get used to being owned by PK.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote