HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards: "Something might happen to Subban.."

Old
11-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not even 20games in....

He talks trash and it's obvious. Players from other teams don't get upset just because they get deked or twirled around.
He only played like 15min tonight too. If this doesn't scream 'impact player' I don't know what does.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 12:42 AM
habshound247

vCash: 500
Here's hoping the something that is going to happen to PK is him hoisting the Cup in June 2011.

habshound247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 12:45 AM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Read the whole article and lol.. Richards sounded like the rookie and Subban like a 5 years old vet. Seriously Richards... Grow some balls man and stop QQ. Subban is just a kid

Edit: 1 thing tho. I know that you don't change a lineup when your team Is winning but for a game like tonight and next Monday, I would love to have White in the lineup

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Something might happen to Subban... Then again Mr Richards, something might happen to you and your team. I'm not saying I'll do it. But seeing how People in Montreal react over things regarding hockey, somebody's bound to do something if you keep gooning up like you just did.
I was thinking the same thing, imagine if next game, they go after Subban and intentionally hurt him. There are some pretty nutty fans in hockey crazed cities like Montreal. You never know sometimes...

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Says Richards, the big man who tried to fight Andrei Kostitsyn, then backed down against Subban.

K.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:10 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700

it was a good learning experience /cry

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Patrice Brisebois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Says Richards, the big man who tried to fight Andrei Kostitsyn, then backed down against Subban.

K.
Yeah, really.

I can't stand Richards. He's 100% scum. That statement was basically a threat. I guarantee Powe or Hartnell or any of the other clowns on that joke of a team will take a run at Subban from behind on Monday

I don't even know how I have the ability to cheer for team Canada when it's always full of scum like Richards

Patrice Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:21 AM
Hugo Sham

there was a game last year in philly where colton orr basically went bananas against the criers. he ran leighton, beat the **** out of asham, challenged the entire philly team and basically ran roughshod all night. the criers did nothing. they beat the leafs of course, lol but it was fun watching them get trolled and beaten physically all night at home. it was fun even though i hate the leafs too

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:22 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice Brisebois View Post
Yeah, really.

I can't stand Richards. He's 100% scum. That statement was basically a threat. I guarantee Powe or Hartnell or any of the other clowns on that joke of a team will take a run at Subban from behind on Monday

I don't even know how I have the ability to cheer for team Canada when it's always full of scum like Richards
I actually doubt they will. Richards demonstrating premeditated motive + Campbell in the news = The perfect storm. Flyers would be stupid to headhunt Subban, especially with no real reason other than a patented Richards tantrum.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:27 AM
Patrice Brisebois

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoDynasty View Post
I actually doubt they will. Richards demonstrating premeditated motive + Campbell in the news = The perfect storm. Flyers would be stupid to headhunt Subban, especially with no real reason other than a patented Richards tantrum.
They probably won't intend to at first. But seeing as that team is full of brainless hotheads, someone might try do something to him in the heat of the moment if that game starts getting out of hand. They usually do in Philadelphia

Patrice Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Doc McKenna

LOL
Subban is crazy skilled. He wins at everything. Even Irony. Must drink powerthirst or brawndo.

I wonder what Grapes will say about subban dropping the gloves. Will he go into his traditional hate all things hab mode and say its another example of his disrespect to older players(dirt bags like richards) or will he praise him for backing up his mouth as if he was a leaf or bruin.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Can't wait till PK pisses off Ovechkin. Then between Crosby, Ovechkin, Richards, and others, people can create an avatar saying "Public Enemy #1."

I really think PK may be the player that could finally send Sean Avery to the looney bin.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
The NHL should go in and fine Richards for his statement.
It's a thinly veiled threat and it has no place in the game. They don't like him because yes, he's a cocky rookie and can back it up.

Such rookies will always get more attention but tonight, it was pretty unrealistic to see them all target Subban one after the other in the same 2-3 seconds. Richard is and has always been a cocky hot-head unworthy of being a captain so I'm not that surprised it's coming from him.

The reality is that they're pissed at seeing this new kid showing them up and mouthing back when they try intimidating him.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
So Richards doesn't like Subban acting like Richards?
You never realize just how much of a dick you are, until you see someone else do exactly the same thing to you.

Good to know if Subban is taken out by Richards, this can be quoted and he can be suspended for a heap of games. Granted, all jesting aside, I do agree with Richards' point and he may well have not been trying to come off as a jerk. Subban is cocky and antagonizing. It is entirely probable someone in the league like a Parros, Cooke or Avery would intentionally run him down. Thus far P.K has shown he can handle himself, so I am not concerned.

Of course perhaps Richards is simply ******** because he is being punked by a twenty year old.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:42 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Nice to see Richards isnt still being a baby and boycotting the media. Sadly, we have to hear him complain about something else..Crosby, Pens diving etc...waa waa waaa...you could have done something about it tough guy but you chose not to.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:50 AM
Jigger77

What a sore-losing bonehead. A lot of neanderthals on that team. Starting with the coach.

Jigger77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
The NHL should go in and fine Richards for his statement.
It's a thinly veiled threat and it has no place in the game. They don't like him because yes, he's a cocky rookie and can back it up.

Such rookies will always get more attention but tonight, it was pretty unrealistic to see them all target Subban one after the other in the same 2-3 seconds. Richard is and has always been a cocky hot-head unworthy of being a captain so I'm not that surprised it's coming from him.

The reality is that they're pissed at seeing this new kid showing them up and mouthing back when they try intimidating him.
Please god no. It is a free Country and Richards will within his right to have his opinion, negative or otherwise. I detest this gentlemanly idealistic nature of the NHL. Seriously, what harm does it do if Richards makes a baseless claim with no direct implication? It would be akin to me stating one of the members of this forum will be flamed out and ridicule if they keep doing what they are doing. "I'm not saying I'll do it, but something might happen to that poster if he continues to be that cocky."

See what I did there?

Just leave empty back talk to what it is, empty back talk. Richards can cry off about P.K until the house blows down. We still won and he still comes off as whining.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:13 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
tell me more about price being trollific

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
MAGodin (twitter)

Richards: I'm not saying I'll do it, but something might happen to (Subban) if he continues to be that cocky. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...ampaign=Sports (French)
I'd be cocky too if "someone told me the song was about me" like Richards is basically doing.

+ 1 Subban

- 1 Richards

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:30 AM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Please god no. It is a free Country and Richards will within his right to have his opinion, negative or otherwise. I detest this gentlemanly idealistic nature of the NHL. Seriously, what harm does it do if Richards makes a baseless claim with no direct implication? It would be akin to me stating one of the members of this forum will be flamed out and ridicule if they keep doing what they are doing. "I'm not saying I'll do it, but something might happen to that poster if he continues to be that cocky."

See what I did there?

Just leave empty back talk to what it is, empty back talk. Richards can cry off about P.K until the house blows down. We still won and he still comes off as whining.
The difference is... the NHL actually cares about its image and the way players publicly talk. Remember the Avery incident? What Richards did was threaten Subban. It's unbecoming conduct for a hockey player. It's bad for the game for players to do this... and so they should fine him for that as a reminder that captaincy does not mean being the biggest ********* on your team.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:34 AM
lou4gehrig

I never understood why Richards is allowed to skate around and act like some enforcer tough guy yet nobody else is? He's a bit overrated having never accomplished much in the NHL. Decent player, but a dirty player. I think media loves the guy for some reason and he gets built up like he's the second coming of Steve Yzerman or something.

I'm glad PK sees through this and takes him head on. It obviously worked as we schooled them.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:48 AM
THE HOFF

You'd think a guy with that kind of hitting history and cheap blows would spare us with his lecture on respect ...

Pretty sure richards is wearing a bullseye on his forehead walking around the league... moreso if he starts QQ ing in the papers... man up ... that's just pathetic...

if anything, powe's hit on halpern and hartnell's hit on gionta were 10x worst than anything anybody could have said.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 03:31 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Sigh, no white/black talk please. If it gets brought up again, I'll have to close the thread, so keep it clean and on topic. Thanks.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
MAGodin (twitter)

Richards: I'm not saying I'll do it, but something might happen to (Subban) if he continues to be that cocky. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...ampaign=Sports (French)
Richards should just thank his lucky stars Subban didn't get ahold of him and sock him one in the mouth when he got all frisky with AK. His stick is writing cheques his fists can't cash.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 05:15 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
This. +100

That's all they are. Shrimps like Giroux even act like it. Don't believe me? Joel Bouchard between the benches tonight mentioned how he told ALL of Montreal's bench to not hit his hands while he wasn't wearing is gloves. Habs were like"WTF dude?" That's the Flyers for you.
I thought that was funny. He plays for the dirtiest team in the NHL and expects the Habs to go easy on him because he lost a glove...like go F... yourself little boy.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote