HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mike Richards: "Something might happen to Subban.."

Old
11-17-2010, 05:21 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
What are you going to do Richards, blindside him? No, I don't think something should happen to PK, someone should put Richards in his play. At least Subban isn't dirty.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 05:30 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

vCash: 500
Says the guy playing with Carcillo , Hartnell and Chris "elbow" Pronger.

I love Mike Richards as a player but he need to ****. Some of his teammates have done worse than Subban ever did (Carcillo jumping Gaborik + many more , Hartnell with hits from behind and Pronger elbowing the **** of people in the playoffs).

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:07 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
The NHL should go in and fine Richards for his statement.
It's a thinly veiled threat and it has no place in the game.
And suspend O'Donnell for grabbing PK from behind round the neck and throwing him to the ice. That earned a misconduct with less then five min left, so should be reviewed?

No excess of class on the Flyers, go back to Pennsylvania lol.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:09 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
It's a Pennsylvania thing, ****in state of whiners !
Ouch! Um..........it's where I'm from and live. Could we change that to a "Philadelphia thing"?

Admittedly I was a fan of the Flyers during the Broad Street Bully days but those things happen when you're young and dumb. The Canadiens were my second favorite. I later appreciated more the athleticism that it takes to be an NHL hockey player and my fandom started to gravitate to the "non-goon" teams.

Classiness goes along way with me too so IMO the Montreal Canadiens' organization exemplifies the joy and excitement a sports team can bring to my fandom.

Having said all that I'd like to smack Mike Richards myself. The Flyers make me nervous for Monday night only because of their gooniness. I'd love to see Powe get legally clocked. That smirk of his rubbed me the wrong way. I'm also disappointed that Laviolette seemingly approves of the gooniness because I actually respected him as a coach - not so much anymore.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Boris Le Tigre
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

PK should challenge Richards and get it over with, right away. If Richards wants to whine to the media about him; PK should punch him in the eye. He could take Richards anyhow, I know he can.

That way he may cut Richards off at the pass when he goes for his trademark blindside charging play - I mean open ice hit.

Boris Le Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:15 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
What are you going to do Richards, blindside him? No, I don't think something should happen to PK, someone should put Richards in his play. At least Subban isn't dirty.
Nope. He's going to get him to drop his gloves, and the second he sees PK drop the gloves, Richards will hide behind a linesmen and act tough.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:29 AM
shutehinside

PK said himself that older players don't take well to confident rookies. It's not his fault he's better then then they are. I love the kid more for NOT backing down to goons like the Flyers and sticking up to Richards. He can take care of himself.

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:34 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Please god no. It is a free Country and Richards will within his right to have his opinion, negative or otherwise. I detest this gentlemanly idealistic nature of the NHL. Seriously, what harm does it do if Richards makes a baseless claim with no direct implication? It would be akin to me stating one of the members of this forum will be flamed out and ridicule if they keep doing what they are doing. "I'm not saying I'll do it, but something might happen to that poster if he continues to be that cocky."

See what I did there?

Just leave empty back talk to what it is, empty back talk. Richards can cry off about P.K until the house blows down. We still won and he still comes off as whining.
he wasnt sharing an opinion, he was somehow threatening him. And in this free country threatening to hurt someone isnt legal.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:40 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
MAGodin (twitter)

Richards: I'm not saying I'll do it, but something might happen to (Subban) if he continues to be that cocky. (French)
And what's that, slimeball? The Calder Trophy? God, i hate that Philly team. So many arrogant pr*cks. For just one game I'd like to have a team completely made up of goons and pound the dog poo out of them. Especially that Richards.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I still can't believe we didn't sign that guy....No goon, but can take of any middleweights out there...And Richards? You're a great hockey player but you can be so dumb....Now the game is headed to Philly and you just asked the refs to get a closer look on you and your team.....Hello? McFly?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Chazz
HFBoards Sponsor

MR gets very moody, trust me i see it all the time against the pens

Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:38 AM
JayBee*

I love it!

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Habarazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Sigh, no white/black talk please. If it gets brought up again, I'll have to close the thread, so keep it clean and on topic. Thanks.
Why would you close the thread? .... we all know the real reason why Richards and others say and do things towards PK .... let's stop tip toeing around the subject.

on a lighter note, doesn't PK's style remind anybody of Chris Chelios?? especially his skating and right-handed shot.

Habarazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncrdrg View Post
The difference is... the NHL actually cares about its image and the way players publicly talk. Remember the Avery incident? What Richards did was threaten Subban. It's unbecoming conduct for a hockey player. It's bad for the game for players to do this... and so they should fine him for that as a reminder that captaincy does not mean being the biggest ********* on your team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
he wasnt sharing an opinion, he was somehow threatening him. And in this free country threatening to hurt someone isnt legal.
Both of you need to reread the title of this thread because saying "Something might happen to Subban" does not classify as a threat in any legal definition. It may harbor subtle insinuations, however it means absolutely nothing. Therefore the comparison with Avery is baseless and frankly while tasteless, the NHL may far too large a deal over Avery's remark.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Le Tigre View Post
PK should challenge Richards and get it over with, right away. If Richards wants to whine to the media about him; PK should punch him in the eye. He could take Richards anyhow, I know he can.

That way he may cut Richards off at the pass when he goes for his trademark blindside charging play - I mean open ice hit.
PK did challenge Richards in the third. Initially it was between Richards and AK. PK tried to stop from fighting. But then Richards started rubbing PK the wrong way. So PK threw the gloves. Richards didn't... They both got a penalty though. Richards is a good player when it comes to scoring. But he's a pansy ***** giving head shots from a players blind side.

Cupmonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:50 AM
tiz

We need to call up Alex Henry and play him opposite Subban in these types of games.

tiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Richards loves to hit and then skate away,yesterday he quickly went to hide behind the official against Subban a rookie with no fighting experience.Way to go Mike,keep up the whining

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Enlighten me on Price being a "troll"? Something I missed?

Frank Drebin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:54 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiz View Post
We need to call up Alex Henry and play him opposite Subban in these types of games.
It be nice, but who do you sit? ... exactly.

Anyone here started cursing the linesmen when PK and Richards looked like they were going to dance?

Oh what I would have paid to see PK smash open Richards face

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:54 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Richards loves to hit and then skate away,yesterday he quickly went to hide behind the official against Subban a rookie with no fighting experience.Way to go Mike,keep up the whining
So... he's like a Lapierre+?

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:57 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
yup,Lapierre however to his defense as dropped the gloves a few times this year compared to previous years

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:59 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
according to Flyer fans, Richards is the best pound for pound fighter in the NHL...

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:59 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
PK said himself that older players don't take well to confident rookies. It's not his fault he's better then then they are. I love the kid more for NOT backing down to goons like the Flyers and sticking up to Richards. He can take care of himself.
Exactly and that's refreshing to see.

PK doesn't take **** from anybody and i ****ing love it.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:03 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Both of you need to reread the title of this thread because saying "Something might happen to Subban" does not classify as a threat in any legal definition. It may harbor subtle insinuations, however it means absolutely nothing.
That's your opinion. Here's a legal definition: "A threat may be made by innuendo or suggestion, as well as by explicit language, and may be the basis of criminal or civil liability."

When someone says "something may happen" to another, we can't conclude whether that is a comment, message, warning or threat. It's open to interpretation, and there is a possibility it is a threat. When a dirty player on a dirty team says it, the possibility of interpreting it as a threat would seem to increase -- but that's my opinion. Anyway it does not mean "absolutely nothing" and I hope the league cracks down on Richards and even suspends O'Donnell for dumping Subban from behind after the whistle.

Anyway it appears a large chunk of certain teams' fan bases are attracted to hockey for the violence, management gets coaches and players who will deliver.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:04 AM
neofury*

It's hard to like Subban from the perspective of any rival. I mean he's flashy, he's been great defensively ruining peoples chances, he's been good offensively too, he embarrasses opposing teams by taking the puck the full length of the ice breaking into the zone and setting up plays.... on top of it he talks trash. What's there to like unless you're a habs fan?

To top it all off all the Timmins bashers are now saying "Why didn't our team pick that guy?". I think the hate just proves how much they despise playing against him. He even got under Crosby's skin and was shutting him down at some point. Subban is the first superstar the habs have drafted aside from Price since Markov. Price people had some serious doubts last season but I will say this, I don't see anyone doubting Subban. He already plays too good in both ends for me to even fathom him playing badly and the fact that he's such a hard worker, it's a perfect fit for our team and it shows in how many bad games he's had this year imo 0.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote