HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mike Richards: "Something might happen to Subban.."

Old
11-17-2010, 08:07 AM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
Given that Richards, not Subban, has a history of causing major injuries through illegal blind-side hits, you'd think there'd be some discipline for this kind of borderline threat.

But no, Richards is like Cherry. He'll get nothing but respect from the NHL nomatter what he does. No doubt Colin Cambpell's got his back.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
according to Flyer fans, Richards is the best pound for pound fighter in the NHL...
He looked pretty gutless last night.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:15 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by number 11 View Post
MAGodin (twitter)

Richards: I'm not saying I'll do it, but something might happen to (Subban) if he continues to be that cocky. http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...ampaign=Sports (French)
Subban could say the same about Richard....No? This guy plays with an edge, speaks borderlinish to the media.....He needs to shut the facque up.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:17 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
The Flyers looked like a bunch of spoiled overachieving goons tonight.
This.

They played like a beer league team who tries to start something by hacking and slashing as soon as the game gets out of reach. It was embarassing.

Anyway I don't think this really counts as a "threat". In fact, Richards might be right. Just like Cherry was saying, someone might get fed up with Subban and pop him one someday. But so what? P.K.'s playing his game, and it's obviously working for him. And if someone wants to fight, I'm sure he'll oblige them, so what's the big deal? People are acting like Subban is the first player to come into the league with a chip on his shoulder.

Haters, as they say, are gonna hate

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Pleky Roks

Something could happen to Richards too!!! 1 dirty hit and Richards could be done for the season...but you don't hear the Habs going around and making threats.

Subban is just dominating these players that hate him. He gets under their skin and then plays solid hockey against them and it drives the other players nuts....all they need to do is play better hockey against Subban instead of threaten him.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
according to Flyer fans, Richards is the best pound for pound fighter in the NHL...
I'm not sure if he is the best P4P but he's top 3 i say. Rypien is possibly no 1 but that's debatable.

Say what you want about Richards but the dude is one tough son of a *****. No doubt about that

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:21 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

I know Bruins and Laffs are supposed to be our rivals, but I hate the Flyers much more

Not because of what Richards said about PK though, I just hate the Flyers

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:26 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground And Pound View Post
I'm not sure if he is the best P4P but he's top 3 i say. Rypien is possibly no 1 but that's debatable.

Say what you want about Richards but the dude is one tough son of a *****. No doubt about that
I would take Richard on my team anyday....this guy is that good.
Having said that, he uses the media(Montreal's Media) to prepare for next game.
I believe that Subban will answer the bell next game.....ho the drama

Old
11-17-2010, 08:26 AM
CanadianFlyersFan18

Quote:
I dare you to find an intelligent Flyers fan that will admit that. Richards is a decent middle-weight but has toned down the fighting role in the last few years because of his role on the PP and PK. These comments don't surprise me consider a few times a year Richards goes off in the media. He did it earlier this year with Matt Cooke and got the fight he wanted with Cooke net game. As for these "cheap" blindside hits you keep talking about, its garbage. Its no different than Scott Stevens, he picks his spots and punishes players. I hope PK steps up and fights, he'll get a lot more respect around the league. With that being said, PK has a lot of talent but a big mouth, has had one since he was playing in the OHL, and if he doesn't shut up, someone most likely will. Whether it be Mike Richards, someone on the Flyers or one of the other 29 teams in these league, there are plenty of players willing to shut him up.

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:28 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
I know Bruins and Laffs are supposed to be our rivals, but I hate the Flyers much more

Not because of what Richards said about PK though, I just hate the Flyers
The worse is , wen you meet a guy from Quebec....and he's a Flyers fan. How does that work? You can only guess what our conversation is.

Old
11-17-2010, 08:30 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyersFan18 View Post
I dare you to find an intelligent Flyers fan that will admit that. Richards is a decent middle-weight but has toned down the fighting role in the last few years because of his role on the PP and PK. These comments don't surprise me consider a few times a year Richards goes off in the media. He did it earlier this year with Matt Cooke and got the fight he wanted with Cooke net game. As for these "cheap" blindside hits you keep talking about, its garbage. Its no different than Scott Stevens, he picks his spots and punishes players. I hope PK steps up and fights, he'll get a lot more respect around the league. With that being said, PK has a lot of talent but a big mouth, has had one since he was playing in the OHL, and if he doesn't shut up, someone most likely will. Whether it be Mike Richards, someone on the Flyers or one of the other 29 teams in these league, there are plenty of players willing to shut him up.
You must be very confused

Old
11-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Capitano

PK will hurt you all over the ice though...it's not like he is like Avery. Flyers would love to have a guy like Subban on their side. This is just Richards trying to put a little fear inside Subban...we'll see how it goes on Monday.

PK can handle it imo.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:31 AM
Guy Caballero

Look at the people going after Subban: Don Cherry and Mike Richards. That tells me all I need to know. They're both low-lives.

Yes PK yaps. It's called gamesmanship. Ask Michael Jordon about it. Is PK dirty? Does he try to hurt people or dive constantly? No. Funny how Don Cherry loved Darcy Tucker but hates PK.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
I would take Richard on my team anyday....this guy is that good.
Having said that, he uses the media(Montreal's Media) to prepare for next game.
I believe that Subban will answer the bell next game.....ho the drama
Absolutely

Richards is one of my favorite player in the league and i have no problem to admit it. The guy is pretty much the complete package and has everything im looking for in a hockey player. Great offensively , good defensively , a strong leader that lead by exemple and a tough mofo who doesn't back down from anything.

On another unrelated note , i can't wait for the first game against the Rags. PK vs Avery should be epic.

Old
11-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I don't know about you but if you watched last night PK did wanna fight, seemed more like Richards didn't so I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm sure around the league the Flyers are 1 of the most hated teams and you should include your own punks that players would love to shut up around the league considering that the flyers probably have the most in Richards, Powe, Carcillo, Pronger, Briere, Hartnell and the list goes on

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Too bad Subban couldn't test that toughness by feeding him 23 or 24 riught hands last night. Seeing how much blood he can swallow in one gulp

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:37 AM
yukoner

Quote:
PK has a lot of talent but a big mouth, has had one since he was playing in the OHL, and if he doesn't shut up, someone most likely will.
Meh, they said the same thing about Lapierre (well not the talent part ), and he's still skating around just fine.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Too bad Subban couldn't test that toughness by feeding him 23 or 24 riught hands last night. Seeing how much blood he can swallow in one gulp
PK is built like a tank but i'm not sure i'd favor him in a fight against Richards.

Anyway , we're probably going to have an answer next monday as i'm pretty sure these two will go at it. Should be interesting

Old
11-17-2010, 08:46 AM
go habs go 65

Come on guys we seen those type of stuff coming from flyers players always that's not the first time Pk Subban is not scared of Mike Richards if the guy wanna challenge pk to a fight go see him he will drop the gloves but if richard thinking of doing him any type of david booth stuff he is crazy anywaise Flyers stop the taling and try to find a way to beat Price cause this guy is so focus right now he see puck big like a beach ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mike Richards **** you

go habs go 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
PK is built like a tank but i'm not sure i'd favor him in a fight against Richards.

Anyway , we're probably going to have an answer next monday as i'm pretty sure these two will go at it. Should be interesting
My money would be on Subban.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:50 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Absolutely

Richards is one of my favorite player in the league and i have no problem to admit it. The guy is pretty much the complete package and has everything im looking for in a hockey player. Great offensively , good defensively , a strong leader that lead by exemple and a tough mofo who doesn't back down from anything.

On another unrelated note , i can't wait for the first game against the Rags. PK vs Avery should be epic.
+1

Plus, Richards gave us props after game 3 of the ECF last season: " IT was a good old school ass kicking "

Or something like that

Old
11-17-2010, 08:50 AM
RC51

I can't believe Richards just threatened Subban.
The League should call a meeting with Richards to explain himself, if he did threaten Subban then Richards should be suspended for 5 games at least and if it ever is proved it is a racial thing then Richards should be banned from the NHL for life. If it's ever proven that the Flyers know all this and was trying to send a message to Subban then the League should close all operations of the Flyers and move the team under a new name, to a Canadian spot. If it's proven then to hell with those KKK Flyers fans and players.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:55 AM
coolasprICE

Has PK ever dropped the gloves at any level?

Sure he's a tough kid and I'm sure he's gotten some training on how to punch and defend himself...

But what would happen if he did dance with Richards and got clocked with a few hard ones .

Strength and training can only take you so far -- i'd like to see how he would hold up after his opponent lands a few.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:56 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Has PK ever dropped the gloves at any level?

Sure he's a tough kid and I'm sure he's gotten some training on how to punch and defend himself...

But what would happen if he did dance with Richards and got clocked with a few hard ones .

Strength and training can only take you so far -- i'd like to see how he would hold up after his opponent lands a few.
I remember his first preseason game wit hthe Habs, he had a fight

did fairly well

Old
11-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I can't believe Richards just threatened Subban......
You should edit the last sentence of your post.

This is going way overboard and has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Cmon now......