HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Carter: 11-year Contract Extension, $58M $5.27+ AAV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2010, 11:24 AM
  #251
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
Parise's cap hit is 3.125 genius. And really 1.4m more for Kovalchuk is making us put "spare parts" on the ice.


Umm... I think he was talking about the other side of PA and the Pens.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:28 AM
  #252
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
But you need to put a guy like Powe on that line, there is not enough skill to go three lines. Powe does his job and fill in just fine IMO. This is part of the argument that has been had in regards to the farm system, they do not have anyone to really replace him and play at the NHL level, Wellwood is no better replacement, Nodl is still a fill-in type player(fringe 3rd or 4th liner) but I like Powe's willingness to play a physical game.
Powe plays a game that's much more suited to a 4th line than Nodl. Nodl actually has puck skills. They're not great, but enough to rule him out of the grinder role.

Top 9 should consist of Richards, Carter, Giroux, Briere, Leino, Hartnell, JVR, Zherdev, and Nodl. Betts, Shelley, and Powe all fit the 4th line roles well. Powe's willingness to play a physical game isn't going to be wasted there. That line (apart from Shelley) is capable of playing a decent chunk of minutes.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
  #253
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
Parise's cap hit is 3.125 genius. And really 1.4m more for Kovalchuk is making us put "spare parts" on the ice.


Yeah. Last I checked the Devils don't play in the same state as the Flyers.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
  #254
KidRobot
Registered User
 
KidRobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NEW JERSEY
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,084
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KidRobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Umm... I think he was talking about the other side of PA and the Pens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Yeah. Last I checked the Devils don't play in the same state as the Flyers.





Don't mind me.... Read that as look across to NJ for some reason. It's been a long season...leave me be.

KidRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:43 AM
  #255
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Powe plays a game that's much more suited to a 4th line than Nodl. Nodl actually has puck skills. They're not great, but enough to rule him out of the grinder role.

Top 9 should consist of Richards, Carter, Giroux, Briere, Leino, Hartnell, JVR, Zherdev, and Nodl. Betts, Shelley, and Powe all fit the 4th line roles well. Powe's willingness to play a physical game isn't going to be wasted there. That line (apart from Shelley) is capable of playing a decent chunk of minutes.
I do not see Nodl giving much more of an upside, the guys problem has been that he cannot finish. At least with Powe you know what you are going to get and his ability to go to the net is a very valuable asset with Carter and Giroux. Maybe they moveo JvR back to a line with Giroux and Carter and Nodl with Richards and Zherdev but at this point I am really tired of watching Zherdev.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:46 AM
  #256
nevermore
Cap space since 2005
 
nevermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Austria
Posts: 11,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
I do not see Nodl giving much more of an upside, the guys problem has been that he cannot finish. At least with Powe you know what you are going to get and his ability to go to the net is a very valuable asset with Carter and Giroux. Maybe they moveo JvR back to a line with Giroux and Carter and Nodl with Richards and Zherdev but at this point I am really tired of watching Zherdev.
At least Nodl has shown some offensive abilities as of late.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
  #257
Fuzzy Logic
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London, UK
Country: England
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
really late on this, that's the problem with going on holiday. great news for the Flyers and now this is all sorted out Jeff can just concentrate on producing what we all know he can. bring it home baby!

Fuzzy Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 12:46 PM
  #258
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic
 
might2mash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Bend
Country: United States
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
At least Nodl has shown some offensive abilities as of late.
They both have 6 points (Nodl in 9 less games, but still a small sample), but the fact is Powe actually has the tools to play a 4th line role while Nodl isn't a real 4th liner. And you're right, Nodl was heating up right before he got hurt, was showing decent chemistry with Richards finally.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:58 PM
  #259
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,462
vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post



Don't mind me.... Read that as look across to NJ for some reason. It's been a long season...leave me be.
Ok, genius, you took your lumps. I'll let you slide... this time.

Thanks for the backup, guys!

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.