HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

we rock (Habs shutout flyers 3-0)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2010, 12:50 PM
  #251
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
so if anyone is facing the boards, no hit? new rule? what would you ask powe to do in that case, skate to his side to hit him? scream at him "coming thru bro" ? slightly bend down like halpern, so he can hit his waist?
Or, you know, pin him to the boards...

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 12:52 PM
  #252
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Or, you know, pin him to the boards...
so basically, if your facing the boards, no one should go for a hit on you, right?

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 12:56 PM
  #253
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
so basically, if your facing the boards, no one should go for a hit on you, right?
Not from behind.

It's pretty simple.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:00 PM
  #254
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Not from behind.

It's pretty simple.
yea sorry, i dont agree. i understand, but i dont agree. Will make players turn to the boards all the time to avoid hits / draw penalties. Soccer on ice is born imo (you can already see players crashing into the boards, drawing penalties. makes the sport less entertaining)

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:11 PM
  #255
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,049
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
so if anyone is facing the boards, no hit? new rule? what would you ask powe to do in that case, skate to his side to hit him? scream at him "coming thru bro" ? slightly bend down like halpern, so he can hit his waist?
so its okay for NHL players to hit each other from behind yet in the same breath you preach at kids NOT to do the same thing?


Last edited by King Woodballs: 11-17-2010 at 01:23 PM.
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:15 PM
  #256
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,049
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
yea sorry, i dont agree. i understand, but i dont agree. Will make players turn to the boards all the time to avoid hits / draw penalties. Soccer on ice is born imo (you can already see players crashing into the boards, drawing penalties. makes the sport less entertaining)
so players getting hurt is acceptable to you then?

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:20 PM
  #257
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
so players getting hurt is acceptable to you then?
part of the risk of playing full contact fighting enabled ice hockey. players getting concussions from open ice hits; ban all hits?

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:22 PM
  #258
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,049
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
part of the risk of playing full contact fighting enabled ice hockey. players getting concussions from open ice hits; ban all hits?
people accept the risk of getting hurt by a clean within the rules hit.
not a hit from behind head first into the boards hit.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:22 PM
  #259
Amputechture
Registered User
 
Amputechture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
in other news, the refs err leafs beat the preds.
I was at that game. It was by far the most frustrating hockey game experience I have ever been to in my life. The Leafs were completely out of the game, it should have been a blowout and in the span of 5 minutes, the refs called 6 penalties against the Preds resulting in two 5 on 3 advantages. I have never seen a game so quickly, brutally, and pathetically altered because of horrendous reffing. It was a joke.

Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:30 PM
  #260
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
people accept the risk of getting hurt by a clean within the rules hit.
not a hit from behind head first into the boards hit.
well since no penalty, suspension or fine was issued, the hit was within the rules. Your issue is more about the rules themselves. This aint no conciracy, they have the tape of the hit, they can issue Powe a fine/suspension, just like they have this season, MANY times issued 1-2 game suspensions to hit's outside the rulebook; actual dirty hits; this aint of them, the result is ugly thats about it.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
  #261
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,638
vCash: 500
BTW, I really love our Triffecta of Price-PK-Plek right now.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:52 PM
  #262
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
so if anyone is facing the boards, no hit? new rule? what would you ask powe to do in that case, skate to his side to hit him? scream at him "coming thru bro" ? slightly bend down like halpern, so he can hit his waist?
Powe can simply pin Halpern along the boards and go for the puck. That's what he tried to do except he pined his head and not the body. Why check him when he's from behind??..Why would you want to do that???...What is the intent in hitting someone that doesn't see you????..That's completely retarded.
The number of people I could have seriously injured if I thought like that when I played hockey would be in the triple digits.

Put your stick between his skates, use your other hand to pin him against the board and then tie him up. Is that so difficult to ask??...Or is it too wimpy for you?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
yea sorry, i dont agree. i understand, but i dont agree. Will make players turn to the boards all the time to avoid hits / draw penalties. Soccer on ice is born imo (you can already see players crashing into the boards, drawing penalties. makes the sport less entertaining)
Players are already turning to the boards genius. That's why hits like this seem to happen every single game. Where have you been these past years??..
There's more and more head related injuries in hockey and there's simply no place for that. The purpose of allowing checking in hockey was to check someone off the puck. It was never about hurting them. It was all about strategic hitting and that's why they teach how to hit properly around the pee-wee/bantam age.
Checking in hockey is not a necessity, at all. That's why you can watch some non-checking (or very low) games and enjoy the show.

If you want to see people hit each other because it's a very big aspect of the game, then watch football. But even there, their paddings are not dangerous to one another and they actually have helmets that stay on their head. If you want something crazier then switch to Rugby. That's not a wimpy sport!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
well since no penalty, suspension or fine was issued, the hit was within the rules. Your issue is more about the rules themselves. This aint no conciracy, they have the tape of the hit, they can issue Powe a fine/suspension, just like they have this season, MANY times issued 1-2 game suspensions to hit's outside the rulebook; actual dirty hits; this aint of them, the result is ugly thats about it.
Right because God knows the officiating/disciplinary committee in the NHL is great!
Matt Cooke's hit to Savard's head ONLY was legal I guess...

Smoking is legal, does it make it smart?...

This isn't the issue. The problem is people thinking hitting a guy on the boards is okay because he put himself in that position. That's utterly retarded.
If I'm driving in the street and the light is green for me but some moron decides to cross without looking, it makes it okay for me to drive through him??? Atfer all, he should be walking with his head up and see that the light is green for me...But of course you won't endorse that action, that would be retarded right?..
So what is the point of completely decking someone that isn't looking exactly????...To ''remind'' him that he needs to keep his head up??..So, the right thing to do is put the foot on the pedal, charge as fast as you can, destroy him, make him sit out for about a month or so and give him some time to think about keeping his head up???...
We're in 2010, I would have hoped people are not as retarded anymore. Geez man, hurting people is NEVER good, no matter who's fault it is.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:16 PM
  #263
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Powe can simply pin Halpern along the boards and go for the puck. That's what he tried to do except he pined his head and not the body. Why check him when he's from behind??..Why would you want to do that???...What is the intent in hitting someone that doesn't see you????..That's completely retarded.
The number of people I could have seriously injured if I thought like that when I played hockey would be in the triple digits.

Put your stick between his skates, use your other hand to pin him against the board and then tie him up. Is that so difficult to ask??...Or is it too wimpy for you?..
Thats good, for sure, so whats the point of hitting at all then? seems to me the benifits of playing a purely technical game outweighs the former.
Quote:



Players are already turning to the boards genius. That's why hits like this seem to happen every single game. Where have you been these past years??..
There's more and more head related injuries in hockey and there's simply no place for that. The purpose of allowing checking in hockey was to check someone off the puck. It was never about hurting them. It was all about strategic hitting and that's why they teach how to hit properly around the pee-wee/bantam age.
Checking in hockey is not a necessity, at all. That's why you can watch some non-checking (or very low) games and enjoy the show.
Players ddon't hit to hurt? thats new to me (scott stevens lol)
Quote:
If you want to see people hit each other because it's a very big aspect of the game, then watch football. But even there, their paddings are not dangerous to one another and they actually have helmets that stay on their head. If you want something crazier then switch to Rugby. That's not a wimpy sport!
i love the NFL, hard to catch on the Rugby fever :p
Quote:


Right because God knows the officiating/disciplinary committee in the NHL is great!
Matt Cooke's hit to Savard's head ONLY was legal I guess...

Smoking is legal, does it make it smart?...
playing pro hockey and risking your bodies well being isnt smart either, i guess were on the same page on that
Quote:
This isn't the issue. The problem is people thinking hitting a guy on the boards is okay because he put himself in that position. That's utterly retarded.
If I'm driving in the street and the light is green for me but some moron decides to cross without looking, it makes it okay for me to drive through him???...Of course not, that would be retarded right?..
So what is the point of completely decking someone that isn't looking exactly????...To ''remind'' him that he needs to keep his head up??..So, the right thing to do is put the foot on the pedal, charge as fast as you can, destroy him, make him sit out for about a month or so and give him some time to think about keeping his head up???...
yes, sometimes it is the case, hockey payers arent the most educated group arouund; ritical thinking is not their forte
Quote:
We're in 2010, I would have hoped people are not as retarded anymore. Geez man, hurting people is NEVER good, no matter who's fault it is.
lol all my respect to your contributions on this board, though your fuse is a bit short sometimes.

as for the 'hurting people' , its inevitable in a entertainment sport like hockey where people fly on skates on ice and are allowed to fight each other. Fighting is the definition of wanting to hurt someone.

i understand, i just dont agree, for entertainment purposes.


Last edited by uiCk: 11-17-2010 at 02:46 PM.
uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 02:35 PM
  #264
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Thats good, for sure, so whats the point of hitting at all then? seems to me the benifits of playing a purely technical game outweighs the former.
Well, you'll never see me encourage an open ice hit to the head or a hit from behind.
You want to hit someone on the boards as he's trying to go around you like Komi used to do, fine, no problem.
You want to pin someone on the boards and move the puck out, fine.
You want to do an open ice hit by checking the puck before the body, fine as they won't be as dangerous. The player will fall and get up.

I don't want to see anybody get injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Players ddon't hit to hurt? thats new to me (scott stevens lol)
Scott Stevens was the most vicious and dirty hitting of them all. I never liked him for that reason. He took pride in injuring people.
What else, Kaspiritis was a clean player?..
Bench clearing brawls happened too...what's your point?..

The purpose of checking in hockey is to take the puck away. There's always been players trying to destroy an enemy coming into the zone though...I don't see your point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
playing pro hockey and risking your bodies well being isnt smart either, i guess were on the same page on that
Playing pro hockey should entail risks such as ankle, wrist, knee, etc injuries. Accidental injuries do happen as well, there is a risk.
Purposely skating as fast as you can to go hit someone in the corner from his blindside isn't supposed to be a risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
yes, sometimes it is the case, hockey payers arent the most educated group arouund; ritical thinking is not their forte
Well, I'm talking to you now. Not some NHL player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
lol all my respect to your contributions on this board, though your fuse is a bit short sometimes.

as for the 'hurting people' , its inevitable in a entertainment sport like hockey where people fly on skates on ice and are allowed to fight each other. Fighting is the definition of wanting to hurt someone.

i understand, i just dont agree, for entertainment purposes.
I guess we have a different opinion in entertainment. I don't get entertained from seeing someone's head hit the board, helmet fly off and head bounce on the ice.

Were you not entertained in the Vancouver game??...Did you see any cheap shot there??..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 03:24 PM
  #265
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, you'll never see me encourage an open ice hit to the head or a hit from behind.
You want to hit someone on the boards as he's trying to go around you like Komi used to do, fine, no problem.
You want to pin someone on the boards and move the puck out, fine.
You want to do an open ice hit by checking the puck before the body, fine as they won't be as dangerous. The player will fall and get up.

I don't want to see anybody get injured.


Scott Stevens was the most vicious and dirty hitting of them all. I never liked him for that reason. He took pride in injuring people.
What else, Kaspiritis was a clean player?..
Bench clearing brawls happened too...what's your point?..

The purpose of checking in hockey is to take the puck away. There's always been players trying to destroy an enemy coming into the zone though...I don't see your point there.


Playing pro hockey should entail risks such as ankle, wrist, knee, etc injuries. Accidental injuries do happen as well, there is a risk.
Purposely skating as fast as you can to go hit someone in the corner from his blindside isn't supposed to be a risk.



Well, I'm talking to you now. Not some NHL player.


I guess we have a different opinion in entertainment. I don't get entertained from seeing someone's head hit the board, helmet fly off and head bounce on the ice.

Were you not entertained in the Vancouver game??...Did you see any cheap shot there??..
yes yes, i just can't help feeling entertained by it the same way a good violent movie is entertaining or a good UFC fight. Im big enough fan to appreciate the technical side of the game though what makes this sport better then any other to watch, is the dirt: brawls, fights, big hits etc. If you want to minimize injuries, might as well get rid of contact altogether, would be the most logical path to take.

also, i don't agree that hit on halpern was a cheap shot, though i can't go into that much detail, my hockey knowledge isnt that vast, i just think he could of prepared for the hit better; he seemed to be in the worst position to be taking a hit.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 03:46 PM
  #266
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
yes yes, i just can't help feeling entertained by it the same way a good violent movie is entertaining or a good UFC fight. Im big enough fan to appreciate the technical side of the game though what makes this sport better then any other to watch, is the dirt: brawls, fights, big hits etc. If you want to minimize injuries, might as well get rid of contact altogether, would be the most logical path to take.
That is such a stupid argumentation. Just because one doesn't want to see injuries happen as often as they want doesn't mean they want to get rid of all contact in that sport.

Slippery Slope Fallacy, b*tch.

Banning lethal hits won't stop players to properly play physical. Players will still find ways to properly intimidate each other, but they won't come close to kill each others in the process anymore.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 04:37 PM
  #267
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best
 
Aspirine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,268
vCash: 50
Powe should be shot in the face twice just for smirking, period. That's not trolling anymore, that's just wrong. Oh well, he lost didn't he?

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:21 PM
  #268
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
yes yes, i just can't help feeling entertained by it the same way a good violent movie is entertaining or a good UFC fight. Im big enough fan to appreciate the technical side of the game though what makes this sport better then any other to watch, is the dirt: brawls, fights, big hits etc. If you want to minimize injuries, might as well get rid of contact altogether, would be the most logical path to take.

also, i don't agree that hit on halpern was a cheap shot, though i can't go into that much detail, my hockey knowledge isnt that vast, i just think he could of prepared for the hit better; he seemed to be in the worst position to be taking a hit.
That's the mentality I want to see changed.
A player should be smart and respectful enough to realize that he shouldn't hit hard when someone is in a vulnerable position. Who cares if he put himself there, you know there's a chance you'll hurt him, so don't go for a hard hit.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:31 PM
  #269
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
sorry for my lateness but here are some highlights as usual with CKAC Sports.




(that hit was clean btw)

(No CKAC audio feed)

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.