HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers work overtime to Conquer Pittsburgh

Old
11-17-2010, 12:22 PM
bronxzoo28

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to bronxzoo28 Send a message via AIM to bronxzoo28
Glad He spoke the truth. Seems like the Ref's just wanted the pen"s to win and they gave them every chance.

bronxzoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
I haven't read the entire thread but are we / Lundquist suggesting that the NHL favours Sidney's team in order to build a myth or legend?

Now that is preposterous..............or is it? Remember the subsequent contraversy over Crosby's golden goal in Vancouver?

Last edited by Sad London Ranger: 11-17-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:34 PM
I am a Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Other sports seem to hold their referees somewhat accountable. The teams get input and have the freedom to voice concerns internally to the league. The leagues address it. The NFL's officiating is IMO pretty good.
uhhh! Actually, the NFL is the worst. No joke.

They miss so many calls and make the coaches have to use their challenges and perhaps waste their timeouts. It's ********.

The next worst I think is the NHL, NBA, MLB. That order.

I honestly think though that NFL's refs suck. I'm a Cowboys fan, and everygame I watch the refs are terrible for both teams. And that is not just with Dallas. It is most of the games every Sunday. I watch the games and it is just terrible.

I am a Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 04:58 PM
bronxzoo28

Send a message via ICQ to bronxzoo28 Send a message via AIM to bronxzoo28
Also these ref's are starting to get like the MLB ump's just afwul.

bronxzoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 05:20 PM
bubba5

Hate when we play pitt. Games feel so fake, just sitting and waiting for the next call to go against us.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 05:29 PM
I am a Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Hate when we play pitt. Games feel so fake, just sitting and waiting for the next call to go against us.
You got it dude. Not one PP last game for us.

Old
11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
KingLundqvistXXX
Confetti & Balloons

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a Ranger View Post

They miss so many calls and make the coaches have to use their challenges and perhaps waste their timeouts. It's ********.

I dunno man...I think NBA has to be the absolute worst. I mean those refs have already been outted before.

All I know is it really sucks when you have to start questioning the difference between WWE and "real" sports.

KingLundqvistXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:28 AM
OverTheCap

Officiating is bad in all the major sports.

But at least the NFL realized that officials make mistakes and implemented the coach's challenge. Other sports such as MLB embrace the human element and all the awful calls that come with it, even though it has resulted in such disasters as having a perfect game taken away.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
I am a Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLundqvistXXX View Post
I dunno man...I think NBA has to be the absolute worst. I mean those refs have already been outted before.

All I know is it really sucks when you have to start questioning the difference between WWE and "real" sports.
I got ya. It could be a toss up. Not sure. I'm just going by what I have seen by all sports.

Out of The NHL, NFL, NBA, and MLB, I think the NFL is the worst. I'm sure though that your opinion is correct too. I think they all suck to be honest. I just think the NFL is by far the worst.

Old
11-19-2010, 03:33 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:

I honestly think though that NFL's refs suck. I'm a Cowboys fan, and everygame I watch the refs are terrible for both teams. And that is not just with Dallas. It is most of the games every Sunday. I watch the games and it is just terrible.
The NFL rarely gets calls wrong, their system works. They've goofed a few times, this season the one that stands out in my mind is the catch Calvin Johnson had that got called a no-touchdown.

I guess the MLB isn't bad per se, but I think the way Umps call balls and strikes some times is TERRIBLE. And it's such a slow paced game, I don't know how they mess up sometimes.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:36 AM
darko

Quote:

Fellow Ranger and Cowboy fan. Nice.

Too bad Cowboys season is down the drain.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:30 PM
I am a Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Fellow Ranger and Cowboy fan. Nice.

Too bad Cowboys season is down the drain.
I know. I'm just focusing on the Rangers now.

Let the Cowboys do bad and get a first round pick being they're doing terrible.

Old
11-19-2010, 01:31 PM
I am a Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
The NFL rarely gets calls wrong, their system works. They've goofed a few times, this season the one that stands out in my mind is the catch Calvin Johnson had that got called a no-touchdown.

I guess the MLB isn't bad per se, but I think the way Umps call balls and strikes some times is TERRIBLE. And it's such a slow paced game, I don't know how they mess up sometimes.
Dude, the NFL gets calls wrong a lot. Every game I watch they make at least 2 mistakes(maybe more)

Old
11-19-2010, 07:17 PM
nyr7andcounting

Part of drawing penalties is possessing the puck... as much as I dislike the Pens and the NHL's possible pro-Crosby bias we have to admit that the Pens get more PP's in Pitt because they have possession of the puck in the offensive zone more than most teams do. When you have guys like Crosby and Malkin who are always making plays offensively the chances of them drawing a penalty go up. So that's part of the reason the Pens get more penalties and that part is deserved.

Although if anyone had time to analyze the numbers it would be interesting. Analyzing total PIM's doesn't do much because they includes misconducts and what not. It would be interesting to see how many more minors the Pens have drawn, at home in a 1 goal or tied game, than their opponents. I would expect them to draw a few more because of what I said above, but it's definitely possible they could have an inexplicable advantage. At least it seems that way after almost every game we play there.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote