HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
TSN continuing to talk about Iginla & LA

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=341631

Old
11-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Iginla's cap hit is way too high for 3 more years. He is exiting his prime. I seriously doubt DL would go for him, and definitely not for JJ+Simmonds.

I still think DL will get a decent filler who only has 1-2 years left on their contract.

Hemsky, Penner, Sharp(CHI won't move him), Laich, Fleischmann, Kunitz, Brunette(old), Neal(i wish, but won't get moved), Stillman(old), Samsonov(doubt it), and J.Jokinen(doubt it). There also Semin, obviously, but why would the Caps trade him when they are doing so well.

Out of all of those, Neal, would be my #1 choice to get. Seriously doubt DAL would trade him, especially not to a division rival.

Old
11-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Darren Dreger plus a couple other reliable sources already said
this rumor is bogus and just made up.
TSN is just searching for a story and testing the options for Iginla.

But it is rediculous to offer our blue chips for 2 years of a 25 goal scorer.
A healthy Parse will do the same for 1/7 of the price Iggy will cost us.
And off course i really doubt Lombardi will do a move before Johnson, Doughty and Simmonds are resigned.
I just can't imagine that Lombardi is trading for a 7 million guy when he had problems to offer 5,8 Mil for Kovalchuk.

If it comes to me i wouldn't touch Iggy even for free.
That will handcuff us this coming summer when really great options are available.

I'm looking at Semin and especially at Parise.

Old
11-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Semin and Parise ARE NOT going to fall in our laps...

Old
11-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Johnny Utah

Well Semin is a UFA, so he could fall anywhere....

Old
11-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

So many jokes about Semin.

Old
11-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
So many jokes about Semin.
Dont teste the board rules though!

Old
11-17-2010, 05:38 PM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Good. You want Semin on your lap?

Old
11-17-2010, 05:40 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Please change your avatar everytime I read your posts I feel like a lime and a coconut

Old
11-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Please change your avatar everytime I read your posts I feel like a lime and a coconut

I'll change it for 5 bucks.

But honestly I'd settle for tree-fiddy.

Old
11-17-2010, 05:55 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post

And off course i really doubt Lombardi will do a move before Johnson, Doughty and Simmonds are resigned.
I just can't imagine that Lombardi is trading for a 7 million guy when he had problems to offer 5,8 Mil for Kovalchuk.

That will handcuff us this coming summer when really great options are available.

While I really don't like using the "you obviously don't watch much hockey" tagline to start a post, in this case I'm sorry but if you are comparing Scott Parse to Jarome Iginla, you obviously haven't watched much hockey.

I honestly can't believe some of you wouldn't want Iginla on our team if we had to give up a couple prosoects to get him. Iginla is probably one of the best power forwards of all time and while he is struggling to score this year, I have no doubt in my mind that the only reason is because of who he's playing with. The guy is SUCH a warrior and team player, and the entire team would have the utmost respect for him in the room. He would be a PERFECT fit on Kopi's wing for the next couple of years, and I'm sure he would be back scoring 30-35 goals in no time. The guy is only 33, it's not like he's 40. He still has another 6-7 years in the league and why not have him for the first three of those while he can still perform?

DO IT DEANO

Old
11-17-2010, 06:01 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
1. Janeane GaROFLo!
2. Scott Parse is NOT healthy and will continue to be so for another 4+ months.
3. Chicken and ROFLs!

seriously, dude, do you have a dimly lit laboratory you use to come up with this s***?

Quote:
you're assuming that any deal for this widely pined for scoring winger isn't going to include Simmonds in the deal.

apples and oranges type of players, my dear.

Quote:
then you are really crazy

handcuff them how? and what really great options are available next summer?

Quote:
looking at Semin like you were looking to replace Jarret Stoll with Rich Neverley?

looking at a player who seems to be bustin' ass on both ends of the ice for the first time in his career in a contract year... a year after he had seen the cautionary "get your s***" together" 1-year deal and then his fellow countryman bag a Hundred Million the following summer?

and you can 'look' at Parise all you want, but he isn't unrestricted next summer... so what are you planning to trade for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Well Semin is a UFA, so he could fall anywhere....
re-signing in Washington notwithstanding, i wouldn't be surprised if he ended up signing a monster deal on a bad team.

Old
11-17-2010, 06:20 PM
no name

Quote:

Parse absolutely can not do what Iginla can. Not in an shape or form.

Old
11-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
A healthy Parse with a jetpack won't come close to an injured Iginla

Old
11-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
A healthy Parse with a jetpack won't come close to an injured Iginla
A healthy Parse with a jetpack and a flamethrower might.

Old
11-17-2010, 06:36 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Moses View Post
A healthy Parse with a jetpack and a flamethrower might.

that'd only make Iginla take an extra two for instigating...

Old
11-17-2010, 06:37 PM
DeeMeck

Lol!

Old
11-17-2010, 07:16 PM
wicker

All of this back and forth chit-chat is lolzy. Iginla is being really underrated mainly because of the caphit he carries for two years. I don't love it, but I'm not going to deny the fact that he would probably look amazing on a line with Kopi and Brownie (sorry, dude, to the LW with you!).

Also, future cap implications aren't as grim as some think. Handzus, Poni and Williams are impending UFAs, and I see Lombardi keeping one of them. Smyth is gone in another year, as well. It might be tight for a year, but still be doable if the cap goes up another 2+ per year.

Semin might re-sign with Washington, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Richards might stick around in Dallas, and there go the two most coveted UFAs. Iginla is still a very good player, and will be the best sniper on the team, obviously. The pros and cons aren't as black and white as some may believe.

Old
11-17-2010, 07:43 PM
tomd

The fact that the Kings have no offensively talented prospects with any size other than Schenn and Toffoli should give Lombardi pause...and if Iginla is truly on the fast downhill path he appears to be, a trade like this would be a disastrous setback for the Kings organ-eye-zation. Way too risky IMO.

Old
11-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Youngblood93

The only way Iggy gets traded to LA is if DL pulls of a deal similar to when he dealt for Smyth.

I see the Kings using a decent prospect and pick for a rental sometime before the deadline and going hard after Semin July 1st.

Lets just hope Semin doesn't explode in our face like Kovalchuck did..........

Old
11-17-2010, 09:51 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
All of this back and forth chit-chat is lolzy. Iginla is being really underrated mainly because of the caphit he carries for two years. I don't love it, but I'm not going to deny the fact that he would probably look amazing on a line with Kopi and Brownie (sorry, dude, to the LW with you!).

Also, future cap implications aren't as grim as some think. Handzus, Poni and Williams are impending UFAs, and I see Lombardi keeping one of them. Smyth is gone in another year, as well. It might be tight for a year, but still be doable if the cap goes up another 2+ per year.

Semin might re-sign with Washington, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least. Richards might stick around in Dallas, and there go the two most coveted UFAs. Iginla is still a very good player, and will be the best sniper on the team, obviously. The pros and cons aren't as black and white as some may believe.
For the most part I agree.

But I want to keep Williams and Handzus. I also want to keep Smyth. But I also see us retaining those 3 with a lower cap hit.

I also think if Clifford or King or someone can win the minds of the Kings brass that we wont need Poni`s 3 million dollar cap hit.

I would love Iginla on the Kings. Who wouldn't? I don't think his cap hit is that bad either. But not at the cost of Schenn and other players on our roster. And if that means we cant get him then so be it. Cant dismantle a team we've been building for the last 5 years for 1 player.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:06 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
For the most part I agree.

But I want to keep Williams and Handzus. I also want to keep Smyth. But I also see us retaining those 3 with a lower cap hit.

I also think if Clifford or King or someone can win the minds of the Kings brass that we wont need Poni`s 3 million dollar cap hit.

I would love Iginla on the Kings. Who wouldn't? I don't think his cap hit is that bad either. But not at the cost of Schenn and other players on our roster. And if that means we cant get him then so be it. Cant dismantle a team we've been building for the last 5 years for 1 player.
No one is saying we need to dismantle the team but if we have to give up a third or fourth line roster player and a prospect or two, I'm all for it. And we all know Lombardi will not make any kind of deal that stops us from moving forward. Not one trade DL has made since he's taken over has come back to really bite us in the ass that I can think of.

Old
11-17-2010, 11:27 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
No one is saying we need to dismantle the team but if we have to give up a third or fourth line roster player and a prospect or two, I'm all for it. And we all know Lombardi will not make any kind of deal that stops us from moving forward. Not one trade DL has made since he's taken over has come back to really bite us in the ass that I can think of.
I am down with a Ryan Smyth esq trade. But I don't think we will get Iginla like that. Iginla has been the Flames face for sooooooo many years and Smyth just took a quick stop their.

I am just going to wait and see what DL does. Im sure he knows better then any of us what we need. Since its his vision in the first place that got us where we are today in the first place.

Old
11-19-2010, 04:41 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1006
got a question for you king fans from the oilers board--we are beating ourselves up over there(as we often do) and we are trying to fix certain things. The Kings keep coming up for obvious reasons.

Here is the question

if the oilers put on the table either Hemsky and or Penner at the trade deadlines--would the kings be willing to send some of the d prospects(the guys either still in junior or on the farm) to the oilers. The Kings are dealing from a point of strength with the amount of d-men they have running around at different levels--what would it take to get either a Hickey or a Colten Teubert or a Derek Forbort(and no I am not asking for all 3--that would be silly) But to get two of them off of the kings and to the oilers--with the only untouchable players being Hall, Eberle and MPS(yes I know eberle is the first guy you would ask for)--All other players are in play.

What kind of deal would you guys want to pull the trigger

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
Old
11-19-2010, 05:17 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
got a question for you king fans from the oilers board--we are beating ourselves up over there(as we often do) and we are trying to fix certain things. The Kings keep coming up for obvious reasons.

Here is the question

if the oilers put on the table either Hemsky and or Penner at the trade deadlines--would the kings be willing to send some of the d prospects(the guys either still in junior or on the farm) to the oilers. The Kings are dealing from a point of strength with the amount of d-men they have running around at different levels--what would it take to get either a Hickey or a Colten Teubert or a Derek Forbort(and no I am not asking for all 3--that would be silly) But to get two of them off of the kings and to the oilers--with the only untouchable players being Hall, Eberle and MPS(yes I know eberle is the first guy you would ask for)--All other players are in play.

What kind of deal would you guys want to pull the trigger
The Kings have 6 defensemen they could more or less use to acquire a "piece" at the deadline. (note as with most prospects there may be others that disagree with my opinion of players)

Muzzin- OHL defensemen of the year last year (I think) though was an overrager. Plays a decent physical game as well as having a decent shot and decent passing skills, seems like potential is a 3-4 to me.

Hickey- most known of Kings D prospects, had a injury filled year last year, but in games played was seen as top pairing D in AHL. After being sent down this year has struggled...hope its only mental after getting beat out for a spot that he was the favorite for. Potential #2 D, though seems like a stretch recently 3-4 more likely.

Voinov- Played in KHL draft year and last 2 in AHL, might be the best offensive Dman in Manchester, but not sure if is sold enough in defensive zone to play full time NHL mins yet. Potential 3-4 defensemen. Maybe a Grebeskov....who you and us are familiar with. One draw back is, made loose comments that if he didn't make the NHL this year would go back to Russia, but was injured to start year and is in AHL, so that is somewhat uncertain atm.

Teubert- Hasn't developed as much as Kings/fans would like since being drafted (instead of Tyler Myers as many fans love to mention). Was on IR till this week, should start playing in Manchester soon. Most physical D prospect the Kings have, though may need a year+ in minors before making NHL debut. Potential solid #4 ala Matt Greene but more physically imposing and hopefully a better fighter

Forbort- In NCAA right now (North Dakota), might have the most upside of any Kings defensive prospect but most likely the furthest away as well (2-3 years). At 6-5 but a really good skater but not the most physical brings comparisons to Myers (even more so since many Kings fans are still hurt by this). Potential #1 though he is still very raw and is hard to project.

Alec Martinez- The most unheralded and least known of the Kings D prospects. Not very big or particularly fast, but seems to be "decent" and every aspect of the game and has decent PP skills (at least by AHL standards). Though I wouldn't include him in a proposal on HF (he isn't a sexy name thus would be struck down as horrible) Alec Martinez could easily be included in a trade, a GM would know what he brings. He is most likely the most NHL ready defensemen in the AHL for the Kings and has been the best defensemen the past couple years. Potential 4-6 defensemen.

I also forgot to add Davis Drewiske, though he is full time with the Kings right now as the #6 (higher with injuries atm). He is basically your steady 5/6 defensemen, he doesn't have any real offensive skills and isn't particularly physical. But is a good defensive defensemen, leads the team in blocked shots and is on a cheap contract.

Closed Thread