HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

dregger and watters and others in the TO media...

Old
11-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 500
I have a hard time believing Dregger said these things. He's one of the guys that I respect the most in the hockey community. He always has insightful things to say and he has a lot of connections.

Stjonnypopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:46 PM
All-Star

lol...

Price isn't playing like he wants out; he can't complain about icetime, and he seems to like most of the guys he's playing with.

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:48 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
lol...

Price isn't playing like he wants out; he can't complain about icetime, and he seems to like most of the guys he's playing with.
That's the funny part. He seems to love the team, they are all behind him, yet he wants out because of the fans? Right... I love who I work with, but because of the people who watch, I can't take it

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:17 PM
habtastic

anybody remember that he paused to point to a kid in the stands before tossing it to them

dregger (if he said it) and watters (even if he didn't) are beyond moronic. and people will actually believe them!

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Guy Caballero

I'd be surprised if it really went down this way. That's sillier and less informed than your average message-board chatter, let alone two media personalities.

Guy Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:26 PM
habs0nut

I wonder if they were referring to when Carey comes out to take the bow and toss the pucks as the first star. He just gives little waves, slight nods and that's about it. That's who he is, a humble guy. He's not going to skate around blowing kisses like Kovy did. If they're interpreting that as him hating the fans then they don't know jack about the situation in Montreal. Carey always tosses the game puck into the crowd, I've even seen him do it on the road. They are trying to manufacture a story that isn't there.

habs0nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Coldplay
Courage

The is no way Dreger said this. No way.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:34 PM
Jedrik

When and where do Dreger and Watters even share airtime? Isn't one TSN, the other Rogers Sportsnet?

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Galchenyuk94

shenanigans

Galchenyuk94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
I always felt dregger was a slime ball, and now I see I can add grade A moron to his list of attributes as well. If he really said that, then he has no buisness as an analyst.
Dregger is the biggest tool in the shed. His inside info are agents who want to push their own agenda and use him accordingly.

I think even Bob McKenzie had to come on HFBoards 2 years ago to defend him.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
When and where do Dreger and Watters even share airtime? Isn't one TSN, the other Rogers Sportsnet?
thats what im having a hard time with as well

dregger works for tsn, and waters works for sportsnet

and even then, hockeycentral yesterday consisted of darren millar, doug maclean and brad may

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:56 PM
habs0nut

Watters has a show Monday to Friday from 4-7 in the afternoon on AM640 here in Toronto. One of today's guests was Dreger. This is completely separate from the the TV side of things.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
I seriously doubt Dregger would say this. I may not have much of a high opinion on him, but I tend to believe a man in his position wouldn't make such baseless comments. Hopefully I'm right, and until this has some solid evidence, I don't see why such a thread should stay open.

Not trying to be mean, but if he didn't say it, putting words into his mouth is just as bad as the comments that he allegedly made.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs0nut View Post
Watters has a show Monday to Friday from 4-7 in the afternoon on AM640 here in Toronto. One of today's guests was Dreger. This is completely separate from the the TV side of things.
Then they are idiots

im surprised alot of people dont think dreger would say this, for as long as ive seen him on tsn, he never, NEVER shy's away from taking shots at the habs, any chance he gets

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:12 PM
habs0nut

They've posted the podcast of today's show online however they've excluded the Dreger segment.

Old
11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
QuietReign

i would really like someone to confront dregger about this BS... someone should just ask him on his twitter or something....

QuietReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs0nut View Post
They've posted the podcast of today's show online however they've excluded the Dreger segment.
lol what

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 07:37 PM
holyhabs87

lies, vicious lies!

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:30 AM
amu003

Astounding (HABS/Price)comments by Watters/Dregger on AM 640

The comments made by Bill Watters and Dreger regarding Price (this will be his last season in Montreal) were true, I heard it myself and was shocked by it. I live in the GTA and heard the show in question. Curiously the taped version seems to not exist. But I will attest that the comments attributed to Watters about Carey Price and the game puck and his disdain for Montreal fans are true... The Toronto media hates a succesful Montreal team 'go figure"...

amu003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Wendel09

I was listening and don't recall exactly what was said, but no one ever made mention of a feud between Subban/Cammy. It was all tied into how cocky subban is, and Dregs said something like he "doesn't even flinch when a guy like Cammy calls him primetime, not even a smile" by that he meant, it was second nature to Subban when guys give him all the attention with nicknames like that. relax..there was never any mention of a feud or them not liking each other.

Wendel09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Lucius

One note on the pucks.

There are two things here.

1) Pronger stole the puck. Gomez and Gionta got it back, gave it to Price. Price tossed that into the crowd as they were going off the ice.

2) Then AFTER that was the three star celebration. He tossed three more into the crowd.

Now a few observations:

- Price said after the game when asked about tossing the puck that Gomez/Gio got from Pronger, he said something akin to not caring a lot about saving pucks and that he should let Gomez/Gio know so they don't have to do that again.

- He tossed that puck to the same section of the crowd where he went back with his third first star puck and pointed out a kid. My impression was he tried to throw it to the kid the first time, but someone else got it, so he went back with his three star puck, pointed at the kid and wouldn't leave until the fans who caught it gave it to the little guy.

So ummm.. much ado about nothing.

What he did didn't strike me as "lifeless." Quite the opposite.

All their comments sound like they're inferring from what went on on the ice, not any actual insider information.

My guess? Watters is a Leafs loyalist, which is fine, he's local media. He and Dregger, I bet, were just stirring controversy on the eve of Montreal playing the Leafs.

Even if Price is unhappy and wants to leave right now, it's 2 years before he's an RFA and more until he's a UFA. A lot can happen between now and then, so I wouldn't get too worried about it.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:56 AM
frederixx

Gomez also got the puck from the last game against the Leafs and Price smiled back at him.

As for him leaving after his contract... he will still be a RFA!

frederixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:58 AM
onebighockeyfan

Can't believe we are having a discussion about this.
The Toronto media has nothing, absolutely nothing positive to talk about so they discuss meaningless things like how Subban should calm down and Cherry/Richards are right about this and this nonsense about "puck-gate". Incredible bunch of losers.

If Subban was playing for the Leafs he would be GOD.
If Price was plain for the Leafs he would be GOD.
If Leafs gaolers were throwing puck at kids in the ACC they would be classy/generous and role models.

Toronto media, mainly those supporting the Leafs are not to betaken seriously.

onebighockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:32 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

A lot of jealousy coming out of Leaf Nation right now regarding our early season success.

They've been running down Burke and management since last summer about not acquiring Mike Cammalleri, they are still sore and angry that the local-boy who is arguably better than Kessel could have been had for a similar salary minus the draft picks.

They are upset that another local boy, PK Subban was drafted by the Montreal Canadiens and has been absolutely instrumental to our success this season with solid two-way play and his ability to transition the puck and get into the opponants heads. No body on this current Leafs squad can do this and back it up with swagger on the ice. NO BODY. They are incredibly jealous we have this kid.

As for Price, most of stoolies in Leaf Nation we're convinced that their goaltending would be a huge asset for them this season and that they had a clear cut advantage over us with 1a. Giggy 1b. Gusto. They we're fueling the fire that we traded our playoff hero Jaro Halak for the less proven Price, a lot of the media heads threw our team under the bus as soon as this trade went down. No one thought Price would succeed in Montreal with everything that has happened over the past 2 seasons... And then Carey comes in and is arguably the best goalie in the league so far this season, with his only real competition in my opinion being an angry and hungry Tim Thomas who is only 2 seasons removed from a Vezina.

Things have not gone as planned for the Leafs, and they we're incredibly wrong so far in what they thought would go down further east down the 401 in Montreal.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelletier666 View Post
Toronto media, mainly those supporting the Leafs are not to betaken seriously.
What, Toronto media trying to stir the pot in Montreal? No way, never saw that coming.

It's Bill freakin' Watters people, this guy is the equivalent of Alain "le Baron" Chantelois and Jack Todd wrapped into one big ball of non-sense. He has more than one loose bolt and an agenda that should be obvious to anyone listening to his verbal diarrhea.

I'm just puzzled he still has a job but hey, the world of sports broadcast doesn't have very high standards, there's guys on our side of the border to prove that point too unfortunately.

I don't understand why anyone would care about what Watters thinks / says.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote