Any news on Dr love?

Old
11-17-2010, 08:38 AM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
2-on-1 break by Spooner and Greg McKegg (Toronto), Spooner carried and opted to shoot, but saved by Bobkov (Anaheim).

1-1 game, thanks to shortie by Casey Cizikas (Islanders) on a great play by Justin Shugg (Carolina)
I have both McKegg and Shugg on my HF SIM team...sweet.

Tyler Randell continues to pile up the fights for Kitchener. Not much going on here, as the linesman were very quick to jump in after Latta's helmet came off (should have let Randell hit him a few times at least ):

He and Latta have gone a couple of other times over the last few years, not sure if there is some sort of history there? Kirk, I know you said that Randell was an intriguing player and has some skills, it's too bad that on a Kitchener team that seems to have a lot of other offensive options, he will not get much of a chance to show that side of his game (if it's there ).

Old
11-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Just had a nice chat with Ryan Spooner about the trade and his situation.

The story will hit the streets tomorrow (or later tonight depending on when I file), so I hope you'll watch for it on hj.com

I'll just say that his character should not be doubted-- he refused to take any shots at Peterborough or coach Pelino. It all came down to the losing situation and a desire to change locations and have a better chance at some team success.

But, I'll save it for the story.

Old
11-17-2010, 11:44 AM
774EVER
DR. SILLYPANTS...

Piece on Colborne from NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=543739

There was a time not too long ago when forward Joe Colborne stood as the Boston Bruins' unquestioned top prospect, and with very good reason.

Drafted with the 16th pick of the 2008 Entry Draft following an impressive two-year stint with the Camrose Kodiaks of the Alberta Junior Hockey League, Colborne continued to improve his game during two seasons at the University of Denver, including a 2009-10 campaign in which he led the Pioneers with 22 goals in 39 games.

Old
11-17-2010, 12:46 PM
pemulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 774EVER View Post
Piece on Colborne from NHL.com

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=543739
Thanks for the link, excellent read. I'm really looking forward to his future with the bruins.

Old
11-17-2010, 05:40 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Tyler Randell continues to pile up the fights for Kitchener. Not much going on here, as the linesman were very quick to jump in after Latta's helmet came off (should have let Randell hit him a few times at least ):

He and Latta have gone a couple of other times over the last few years, not sure if there is some sort of history there? Kirk, I know you said that Randell was an intriguing player and has some skills, it's too bad that on a Kitchener team that seems to have a lot of other offensive options, he will not get much of a chance to show that side of his game (if it's there ).
Him and Latta played together on Ontario's U-17 team a couple years so they do know each other.

I really can't see the Bruins signing Randell to an entry level contract with the #'s he has put up this year. Doesn't matter how hard he works becuase if he can't score in the OHL then he won't score at the next level. At absolute best, he might become a 4th line player who bounces between the AHL and NHL. Anytime, I've seen him play, I've came away very unimpressed with his skill level. He's tough and works hard but that's not enough.

Old
11-17-2010, 05:49 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Him and Latta played together on Ontario's U-17 team a couple years so they do know each other.

I really can't see the Bruins signing Randell to an entry level contract with the #'s he has put up this year. Doesn't matter how hard he works becuase if he can't score in the OHL then he won't score at the next level. At absolute best, he might become a 4th line player who bounces between the AHL and NHL. Anytime, I've seen him play, I've came away very unimpressed with his skill level. He's tough and works hard but that's not enough.
Completely agree about not signing Randell, not enough skill to play a skill game at the next level. And he's not mean enough/tough enough to play a grinding/tough guy game.

Old
11-17-2010, 09:54 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyduke View Post
Tommy Cross most likely returning this weekend.
Any link?

Old
11-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Johnnyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Any link?
http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...11610/york.pdf

"We’ve lost Tommy Cross for the last couple of weekends, but he will be eligible for full contact starting today [Tuesday], so we should be at full strength on defense this weekend."

Old
11-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
He's basing that on the fact that he's a Hab's fan.

I actually see a lot of Dino Ciccarelli in Knight's style. The way he goes to the net, the way he competes around the goal for an undersized guy, that explosive release. Again, not saying Knight will be a HOF'er, just comparing styles.
Knight would be on the Bruins' roster two or three years down the road. Maybe he, too, can aspire to be a top-six forward (unless Chiarelli attempts to rebuild offense with players other than Seguin and maybe Toronto's 2011 first-rounder) by then.

Old
11-19-2010, 10:08 AM
patty59

Randell makes top 5 plays of the week in the OHL.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/

Old
11-19-2010, 10:44 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Randell makes top 5 plays of the week in the OHL.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/
Very nice effort by Randell. Kirk said awhile back this kid could be interesting, but needs to be much more consistent.

Anybody else think that #77 from OTT (I think it was Martindale?) deserved more credit for the #3 goal than Tiffoli did?

Old
11-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post

Anybody else think that #77 from OTT (I think it was Martindale?) deserved more credit for the #3 goal than Tiffoli did?
The kid who got the secondary assist on the play-- No. 18 Shane Prince-- is another player to watch for the 2011 draft. Looks like a solid second-rounder right now, may get higher depending on how he does.

Old
11-19-2010, 10:54 AM
GloryDaze4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk- NEHJ View Post
The kid who got the secondary assist on the play-- No. 18 Shane Prince-- is another player to watch for the 2011 draft. Looks like a solid second-rounder right now, may get higher depending on how he does.
Kirk, you are a fountain of information

Curious, do you think that Randell's development would be better served playing on a weaker team, but getting more minutes, or is he in a good spot in Kitchener?

Old
11-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

He'd definitely get more icetime on a weaker club, but Dom has seen him a bit and says he's playing his role there quite well. There's something to be said for playing on a stable, balanced team. The effort and consistency is what people want to see from him. The Bruins know the stats won't be there if he's not playing on a scoring line, but they want to see him hustling, finishing checks and fighting when the situation arises. Apparently he's been doing that, but whether it's enough to earn him a contract offer by June 1st remains to be seen.

A couple of years ago, I would have said it would have been a no-brainer to sign him, but now that they have a lot more depth (and contracts floating around out there), not so sure.

Old
11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
BruinsGod II

My opinion on Randell, and ive seen him live from time to time, is that he doesnt get signed by the Bruins and they allow him to walk ..

His offence is no where near the NHL level and if anything it has regressed significantly since being drafted, and he doesnt have the chops to be a full time pro level enforcer ..

I see him live roughly every three weeks to a month and watch on tv from time to time on top of that and the level of improvement just isnt there.

Just one person's opinion, i'd be SHOCKED if he earned a pro contract from Chiarelli - but hey Adam Courchaine did so who knows.

Old
11-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Gator Mike

BU's getting smoked by UNH, but David Warsofsky has both goals for the Terriers. Five on the year now, I believe.

Old
11-19-2010, 07:43 PM
bruinsfan46

Knight scored a goal and has two assists tonight. He's turning it back around, up to 8 goals and 14 assists in 20 games.

Last edited by bruinsfan46: 11-19-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old
11-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Gator Mike

Elsewhere...

Goal and two assists for Ryan Button in a 9-3 win over Lethbridge tonight. Button was named first star.

Old
11-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike View Post
Elsewhere...

Goal and two assists for Ryan Button in a 9-3 win over Lethbridge tonight. Button was named first star.
9 goals for Prince Albert-- now THAT's a story!

Good for Ryan-- last year he didn't get his first goal until December so he's ahead of the pace. Stats do not simply tell the story for him, I'm afraid. It's the system more than anything, and will be interesting to see if the Bruins unshackle him a bit when he gets to Providence.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Johnnyduke

Cross did not play for BC tonight after apparently suffering a setback in practice. No word on what happened or when he is expected back in the lineup. BC plays again Sunday afternoon.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Alan Ryan

Doug Flynn at NESN offers his regular update of the Bruins top 10 prospects: http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/ryan-spo...ough-week.html

Ryan Spooner climbs to #1 and Joe Colborne drops to #2.

Defensemen Steve Bartkowski (#4) and Yury Alexandrov (#5) were also on the rise.

What do think of the list?

Old
11-20-2010, 01:57 AM
bruinsfan46

It's getting near time to talk World Juniors hopefuls. Unfortunately Spooner looks like our best shot and he's far from a sure thing even in a year with no returning Canadian forwards unless Schenn comes back. Knight would be in the mix to make Team USA if not for the politics of his departure of the NDTP. Gothberg may have an outside shot as Campbell's back up, he was one of the goalies at the recent Jr. A Challenge but he got pulled in the finals I believe. And Michael Houser's an American kid who's had a superb year here in London so the job could be his.

Old
11-20-2010, 01:58 AM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Doug Flynn at NESN offers his regular update of the Bruins top 10 prospects: http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/ryan-spo...ough-week.html

Ryan Spooner climbs to #1 and Joe Colborne drops to #2.

Defensemen Steve Bartkowski (#4) and Yury Alexandrov (#5) were also on the rise.

What do think of the list?
I still have Colborne as number one, Spooner number two. And I'd move Sauve up a spot or two. And switch Button and Arniel.

Closed Thread