HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

NSh @ TOR 6PM CST 'Apathetic Leafblowing'

Old
11-17-2010, 12:10 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
so I was out tonight and didnt catch the game but man, losing like that to Toronto is EMBARASSING.

I dont really think there is a whole lot else to say.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 01:09 AM
predfan24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
as resiliant as this club has been the past few years, yes, there has been mental toughness. if you think this club has lacked that, i don't know who you have been watching
Yeah I agree with you 100 percent here. The thing that has killed me the last fews years is games we should win handily we find a way to make way to close or lose. How many mediocre teams have we played and we come out fast and play dominant then do something to shoot ourselves in the foot? This team still lacks that killer instinct. It's almost as if no matter how they get there they just accept the fact they are going to play a close game.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 07:19 AM
jlsg

This is what happens when you have a marginal skill team like the Preds. When everything goes our way, we look unbeatable. But if a couple of guys have a bad day, the rest of the team doesn't have the skill to make up for it. There's a reason the motto this year is "Together".
It's over, let's go to Montreal and play another one.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 08:08 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Certainly this game very well could have been lost anyway without the officiating. The problems others have cited I agree with-- the late 1st pd goal, pathetic special teams, lax play, and this team's inability to hold a team down when they really have them by the throat. How many times have we seen that? They actually play better from behind-- it forces them into desperation mode, as opposed to playing with a lead.

All that being said, I had this game on DVR and after the Ward penalty I fast forwarded thru it. Just could not watch. It is bad when the officiating becomes such a factor. Not THE factor, just A factor, which I do think it was. As pros the Preds have to swallow it and play thru-- as NHL fans have seen these things happen sometimes. It is not something they can control, they can only try to adjust to how the game is being called. Last night that was clearly a challenge. At any rate, they won't have long to think about it before they hit the ice again-- Montreal can't come soon enough to get the taste out of their mouths. Unfortunately I don't see that as being a walk in the park.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:14 AM
Dodgie

Well, since I was at work I missed most of this one.
(intermittent radio for me)
I recorded it....should I even bother? or is it like watching an auto accident? ...you can't look away.

so...

The Good: We got Frostys?

The Bad: Leafs got tacos.

The Ugly: Jonas Gustavsson was the 3rd Star?

Dodgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:45 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Well, I leave after the first period at 3-1, I'm happy and then go home to take care of issues. Wake up expecting a 6-4 score and see 5-4 Leafs.

Ok.....

Um.....

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot.

So should I lock this thread, delete it into the biohazard bin and get this group to move on?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:22 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
So should I lock this thread, delete it into the biohazard bin and get this group to move on?
I say move on, if there is to be more discussion about it start a post game thread, otherwise we hope Trotz and Co. and the players learned something from this and move on.

I'm not saying I should start the next GDT but I'm willing (and with some help, able) to do one sooner or later.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:00 AM
PredsChik

Surprisingly, the worst part of last night wasn't the fact that we blew a 3 goal lead and had 4 unanswered power play goals against us... it was the dbag that my friend invited to watch with us. It has prompted me to write a blog on how not to get hurt when watching a game with a fanatic... and that the man I end up marrying needs to live and die by the team with me.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Trade Legwand must do the next GDT ... PERIOD

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i don't think it was the defensive effort. as in we gave up the one even strength goal.

the reasons we lost this game wasn't the defensive effort, the pk, or bad goaltending.

we lost this game because

1) we let off the gas at the end of the first and schenn gave them hope. down only two you still beleive you can get that next goal. in doing so...

2)they outworked us to start the second and drew suter into a lazy penalty. goc gets his shorty, and if we stay disciplined, we take two points easy. but no...

3) klein takes an unfortunate penalty. wasn't a lazy one, wasn't a selfish one. just trying to get the puck out of the zone on the pk. i hate that rule. leafs score. you don't kill off bad penalties ryan suter.

4) at this point we should be happy at 4-2, kill off kleins penalty and move on. but no, another lazy penalty. sure it doesn't get called 75% of the time. but a player is responsible for his stick at all times. fact was, suter's stick was wrapped around the tor players midsection. it is a hook. yet another 5 on 3. you don't kill off bad penalties ryan suter.

at this point you could feel the game unraveling at 4-3. then ward takes a lazy penalty (i think? too angry to remember, but i think it was him.)

so at the end of the day, discipline and mental toughness cost us this game. something this team is not known for. have 2 days to fix it. montreal is playing well
Agree 100% with this analysis. I'd like to be mad at the refs for several iffy calls but the fact is the Preds gave them the opportunity to make the calls. This team will have to learn killer instinct at some point.

Unfortunately, one of the worst offenders last night was our captain, who stunk it up. He has had a number of boneheaded games lately.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 03:01 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

At least I don't have to watch the abortion of a second period from last night after reading a few posts. I can honestly say that last night was one of the very few times I was almost happy that I was unable to watch a game.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 04:25 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
At least I don't have to watch the abortion of a second period from last night after reading a few posts. I can honestly say that last night was one of the very few times I was almost happy that I was unable to watch a game.
You can watch up to the Goc goal. It was pretty nice at least.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Trade Legwand must do the next GDT ... PERIOD
I will work on it and have it up tonight before I go to bed, but that will be around 10 PM so some of the stats might not be 100% correct.

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 06:58 PM
glenngineer

As much as we deserved some of the calls against us I've never seen a game where there were so many marginal calls against one team while the other team got off scot free until they took the lead. Before Ward took his hooking call he was getting hooked while fighting for a puck in the offensive zone. It just annoys me to see a game decided by 16 guys on the ice as opposed to the 12 that are playing the game on the ice.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 09:26 PM
dulzhok

Wonder what would be said about Arnott if he was captaining this team right now.

Rinne isnt playing on top of his game. Defensemen aren't either. Guys like Bouillion and Klein are playing like unclaimed wavier wire material. Scoring is inconsistent. A combination for, well, 13th place in the conference.

Last edited by dulzhok: 11-17-2010 at 09:55 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Amputechture

Guys, I'm a habs fan living in toronto and had the unfortunate pleasure of attending the game last night. I was rooting very hard for your boys throughout the game. It was absolutely one of the worst games that I have ever been to in my entire life. You guys had the entire fan base in the arena booing the leafs the entire first period. You literally had the game won and the blowout was in full force. Then comes the 2nd period and the refs decide to take the game over. Never in my life watching hockey have I seen so many lopsided calls against a team. Any slash, any hold, any obstruction by a leaf player went uncalled but if one of your guys even looked at a leaf player wrong he was going to the box. It was seriously one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever seen live. It killed me watching an entire arena boo their whole team in the first, only to cheer and chant and proclaim how good they were after the second because the zebras decided it was time to hand the game over to the leafs. I am incredibly sorry because before the refs gave the leafs the game, you guys were playing some solid hockey. Your passes were crisp, your breakouts were fast, and your transition game was dominating the leafs. It was so ridiculous and you guys deserved so much better.
Looking forward to a good match against my habs guys and hopefully it's settled by the two teams playing and not some ref trying to make a name for himself.

Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 12:32 AM
thrillhous

What's up with Wilson? His icetime and production has been really poor lately - think he's headed for a stint in the minors?

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillhous View Post
What's up with Wilson? His icetime and production has been really poor lately - think he's headed for a stint in the minors?
For some reason he's been in Trotz's doghouse. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:27 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
For some reason he's been in Trotz's doghouse. I haven't figured that one out yet.
it's not so much about being in the doghouse, he simply hasn't played well. we trumpeted him our number 2 center before the season began on promise alone. I think that it's for the best that he finds his game in Milwaukee at this point, with Spaling taking his place in the lineup.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:03 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
it's not so much about being in the doghouse, he simply hasn't played well. we trumpeted him our number 2 center before the season began on promise alone. I think that it's for the best that he finds his game in Milwaukee at this point, with Spaling taking his place in the lineup.
You might be right. He is likely very frustrated at this point. And this team needs him at the top of his form. Cannot afford for him to go south. He could get topline minutes with the Ads and polish his game back up while the big boys work thru their funk.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote