HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#19: Flyers @ Canadiens - Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2010, 01:28 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
I have seen the day I thought would never happen. A guy is now expected to back up his actions by fighting...except that the actions were not an attempt to injure a player, nor a violent threat or even anything remotely close to dangerous. Instead a player is expected to fight because he was talking too much on the ice. Wow. The Habs don't fight, they don't need to and they are more than glad to have teams take unneccessary penalties to try to GET them.
If the Habs don't fight, then their entire team really needs to grow a pair.

Old
11-18-2010, 01:36 PM
TheLegendkiller

They're all clowns. Like seriously. I know this girl from Toronto that tells me the same thing. Clowns. All of them. They are the equivalent of "Foppers?" from 18th Century England.

What an obscure reference.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-18-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old
11-18-2010, 01:38 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 0
Im not going to click on that link above. I dont need my IQ to drop.

Old
11-18-2010, 01:50 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
They're all clowns. Like seriously. I know this girl from Toronto that tells me the same thing. Clowns. All of them. They are the equivalent of "Foppers?" from 18th Century England.

What an obscure reference.
My favorite is one of the early posts:

Quote:
Who cares what anyone on the Flyers says? If the NHL were a family, the Flyers would be the deadbeat convict brother that everyone else is ashamed of.
Last I checked, if the NHL was a family, the Habs would be that snotty, bratty, stuck up brother who went to Harvard, and thinks he's too good for the family because he went to Harvard. The one that no one wants to invite to any family get-togethers because he's a total *******.

Old
11-18-2010, 01:52 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I have seen the day I thought would never happen. A guy is now expected to back up his actions by fighting...except that the actions were not an attempt to injure a player, nor a violent threat or even anything remotely close to dangerous. Instead a player is expected to fight because he was talking too much on the ice. Wow. The Habs don't fight, they don't need to and they are more than glad to have teams take unneccessary penalties to try to GET them.
You've never heard a player say they fought to stop the chirping or to shut up an opposing player, or to put a showboater in his place? Wow, I have. More than a few times, actually.

Old
11-18-2010, 01:55 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
My favorite is one of the early posts:

Last I checked, if the NHL was a family, the Habs would be that snotty, bratty, stuck up brother who went to Harvard, and thinks he's too good for the family because he went to Harvard. The one that no one wants to invite to any family get-togethers because he's a total *******.
they are more like the stuck up big brother who wasnt good enough to go to Harvard but had to go to Dartmouth instead. The Harvard reject.

Old
11-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Either Subban backs up his words or he ****. If he does not then he should get run every shift until he drops, maybe then he will not be so eager to engage when the doors are closed and he is safely behind his bench or in the box.

I expect a big can of whoop-a$$ on monday, similar to how the Flyers have handled the Habs when exiting them from the playoffs.

Old
11-18-2010, 01:56 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Another gem:

Quote:
yeah. when richards called cooke out in the media and proceeded to draw in a fight where he couldn't land any punches until cooke tripped. you know PK is 6'0, 207 lbs right? and with much, much stronger legs than richards?
I can think of a couple responses that aren't appropriate that explain why he knows this.

Old
11-18-2010, 01:58 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

These people are convinced it's still 1976. Holy ****.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-18-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old
11-18-2010, 02:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Lol yea we are the whiners when their crying murder over Powe.

Old
11-18-2010, 02:04 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Personally I don't have any trouble with Richards throwing down the gauntlet....that's what Captains should do to fire up their team. Hopefully, the rest of the team back him up Monday and destroys those liliputians....

Old
11-18-2010, 02:06 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Personally I don't have any trouble with Richards throwing down the gauntlet....that's what Captains should do to fire up their team. Hopefully, the rest of the team back him up Monday and destroys those liliputians....
So long as it is not just talk, and so long as his team backs up his actions by killing off the 5 minutes Richards will get for beating up a wussbag.

Old
11-18-2010, 02:14 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
So long as it is not just talk, and so long as his team backs up his actions by killing off the 5 minutes Richards will get for beating up a wussbag.
He handled the Booth situation fine and Cooke situation....I don't think he'll negate himself or the team with a disproportionate penalty but sometimes that is not up to the players. The officiating could screw the Flyers but don't want to use that as a crutch too often...

Old
11-18-2010, 02:59 PM
CptCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Im not going to click on that link above. I dont need my IQ to drop.
The good laugh is well worth a few lost brain cells.

Old
11-18-2010, 03:01 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
they are more like the stuck up big brother who wasnt good enough to go to Harvard but had to go to Dartmouth instead. The Harvard reject.
Meh...I think they're more of the smartest kid in high school back in the day, captain of the debate team, captain of the matheletes, valedictorian and all that crap. Then tries to get into Harvard but is rejected cause well lets face it its not that hard to be valedictorian when your class only has 6 people in it.

Old
11-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Meh...I think they're more of the smartest kid in high school back in the day, captain of the debate team, captain of the matheletes, valedictorian and all that crap. Then tries to get into Harvard but is rejected cause well lets face it its not that hard to be valedictorian when your class only has 6 people in it.
I remember in high school we had someone like that. She was the best female student academically, but she was ****ing annoying, always walked around in dresses, and she was one of those really cocky nerdy types that does well in school and is at the top of everything that no one likes. She also went out with some kid who literally always wore a suit to school and even out of school I imagine. Who wears a suit to school every day? I mean, really.

Old
11-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Kaktus*

Richards needs to be careful.. Canadians will boo him..

Old
11-18-2010, 03:32 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Richards needs to be careful.. Canadians will boo him..
Canadiens will boo him.

Old
11-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Canadiens will boo him.

They already boo half of our hockey club Pronger, Briere, Giroux.. If they will do so much booing they won't have time to sing their soccer songs.

Old
11-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
He handled the Booth situation fine and Cooke situation....I don't think he'll negate himself or the team with a disproportionate penalty but sometimes that is not up to the players. The officiating could screw the Flyers but don't want to use that as a crutch too often...
I could care less if Richards skates around the ice like the Hanson brothers.

Old
11-18-2010, 04:06 PM
MrHockey1982

Wow apparently you cannot have a conversation over at the Montreal board. The Montreal fans are in here all the time.

Old
11-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
Wow apparently you cannot have a conversation over at the Montreal board. The Montreal fans are in here all the time.
Only when they win. And some of them when they lose, to come over and throw insults at the fanbase.

Old
11-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Cartsiephan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Only when they win. And some of them when they lose, to come over and throw insults at the fanbase.

Old
11-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Stockholm Syndrome

What's really incredible is the fact that they won, a shutout no less, and they're STILL ********. That's ridiculously hard for me to fathom. And oi, we're at the thread limit.

Old
11-18-2010, 04:37 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 920
Per site rules, this thread is closed for reaching 1,000 posts.

http://hfboards.com/misc.php?do=cfrules

A little refresher on site rules for trolling as it pertains to the next game or future games:

Quote:
Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Bringing posts from one team forum to another for this purpose is also considered trolling.
And Flyers' fans: if you see a troll in the future, try not to respond. Have the post flagged where it enters a private forum and global mods and administrators will then issue infractions or forum bans which can or will result in permanent banishment.

Closed Thread