HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

The Adam Larsson Hype Thread

Old
11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Ribban

vCash: 500
Young Adam decided to pick a fight, not throw his gloves, and get had?
Did I get this wrong?

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

This kid is the perfect player for the Devils.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 05:41 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Young Adam decided to pick a fight, not throw his gloves, and get had?
Did I get this wrong?
1. Yeah I guess he had enough when Corso grabbed his head from behind and then kept pulling and pushing him..
2. He didn't want to get suspended as dropping your gloves = automatic match penalty. Followed the orders from his coach. Thing was he still got 2 games.. I guess now he knows that he should just drop the gloves next time as the rules are f***ed up.
3. Well, Corso hit Larssons visor and it cut his eyebrow up pretty badly. So if the least beaten up = the winner, then yes. Would have been hard for Larsson to really hurt Corso though as he kept his gloves on. In number of hits it's even.

Anyway, Larsson did fairly well in his first real fight and showed even more that he is a force to be reckoned with.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Petey21

And for those who haven't seen it already, here's the fight in question.

Petey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Names View Post
1. Yeah I guess he had enough when Corso grabbed his head from behind and then kept pulling and pushing him..
2. He didn't want to get suspended as dropping your gloves = automatic match penalty. Followed the orders from his coach. Thing was he still got 2 games.. I guess now he knows that he should just drop the gloves next time as the rules are f***ed up.
3. Well, Corso hit Larssons visor and it cut his eyebrow up pretty badly. So if the least beaten up = the winner, then yes. Would have been hard for Larsson to really hurt Corso though as he kept his gloves on. In number of hits it's even.

Anyway, Larsson did fairly well in his first real fight and showed even more that he is a force to be reckoned with.
Actually gloves should come off to prevent injuries to the player being hit. The seams of the gloves and the
armour can injure a player much more than just a plain fist.
Also the player with the gloves on has no fear in hitting the other players visor to inflict damage
to the players face (see video to what damage the visor can do). That's why any player who leaves
his gloves on or fights with any tape on his hands could be disciplines further from the league (not sure
if it's an additional penalty, fine or suspension)

Ward Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 10:20 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Actually gloves should come off to prevent injuries to the player being hit. The seams of the gloves and the
armour can injure a player much more than just a plain fist.
Also the player with the gloves on has no fear in hitting the other players visor to inflict damage
to the players face (see video to what damage the visor can do). That's why any player who leaves
his gloves on or fights with any tape on his hands could be disciplines further from the league (not sure
Sure, you protect your hands better, but do you honestly belive the seams of the gloves are more likely to damage a player more than the knuckles?
I get the visor-argument though, but they're usually taken/knocked off before the fight, young Larsson should know that now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
That's why any player who leaves
I'd love it if that was the case instead of our current messed up rules..

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
i really really hope its not the devils who end up with this guy

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
MillerTime2181

Without reading throught the entire thread and asking those who have seen him play the most, what kind of game does this kid bring? Who are similar players in terms of play and potential? And what is his NHL potential?

MillerTime2181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Trotzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime2181 View Post
Without reading throught the entire thread and asking those who have seen him play the most, what kind of game does this kid bring? Who are similar players in terms of play and potential? And what is his NHL potential?
The sky is the limit for Larsson, if he pans out the way he's projected to he could win a couple of Norris' in his career.

That being said, even though he's got an extremely high projection, it's just pure speculation.

Gamewise, hes got a high hockey-IQ, good shot, size, skating, poise, sound positioning and a good two-way play. Hes also an extremely potent passer. All in all, hes the complete package.

Trotzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2010, 11:36 PM
smokes lets go

what is his offensive potential in the nhl? I've noticed Rundblad has taken in PP time? can he be a pp qb in the nhl and put up 45-60 pts a year?

smokes lets go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:13 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

According to my calculations (which might be wrong depending on if SAIK has been scored against whilst on the PP) Adam Larsson has been on the ice for only 5 of 30 goals ES goals against, which in my book is pretty impressive for a junior.

bottomofthefoodchain is offline   Reply With Quote