HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne's Vision Problems

Old
11-18-2010, 03:57 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Minutes are irrelevant. Vandermeer played in 72 hockey games the first year he was getting games with the Flyers, the majority of which were played with the Phantoms. If Bartulis was playing 10-15 minutes a game, I would have zero problem with what was going on here... he isn't. If he was playing 20 a night in the AHL, I'd have no problem with it.

He isn't.

So, DrDoom, what I would like from you is evidence that I said the following, "I am perfectly fine with Bob Clarke putting a young player in a position where he cannot play in hockey games during key developmental years."

If you can find that, I will apologize and admit that I am holding Holmgren to a double standard with regard to that. If not, I expect an apology from you.

And just because Clarke had flaws, does not mean the folks making arguments critical of Clarke don't have flaws in their argument. These are not mutually exclusive things. People act as if Clarke had no success with this team, and only had success here because of his monetary resources. Neither of these observations is true... as his tenure elsewhere demonstrated.
The issue again that I had was not specific to what you just delineated and what you expect me to apologize to. I said I agree with that point so I'm not apologizing for a point I generally agree with. Again this is about a general perception that seems to arise on many occassions that Clarke was better than Holmgren which I don't ascribe to having experienced for almost 3 full decades his tenure as GM. Just as people have flaws in their argument about Clarke so do they about Holmgren..that's all I'm trying to point out. Actually, what is funny is that the flaws you acknowledge in both of them are not disimilar to mine necessarily. Again, both Clarke and Holmgren are not handling the development of D prospects all that well and when I say in other threads that Clarke had his flaws this is particularly one that is valid so I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say people who criticise Clarke have flawed arguments but mine always tend to center on development of players, fealty to players too long b/c of a vet bias, being bad with personal gripes which affected sound business decisions, his personal admission that he hated dealing with contracts despite not being constrained by a cap and among others like not getting a goalie and believing in the Tretiak philosophy of your team should be better than your goalie (that is you don't need a good goalie if the rest of your team is strong which Holmgren seems to have adopted yet BOB is actually proving you do need a better than avg goalie!) To me these are not flawed criticisms.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

The only interesting thing I took from the last 2 pages of debate is that someone who was apparently an adult in the 1980s still uses the word "dude" far too frequently.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:30 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
The only interesting thing I took from the last 2 pages of debate is that someone who was apparently an adult in the 1980s still uses the word "dude" far too frequently.
Thanks for posting I learned a real lot from your tweet...

Old
11-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Thanks for posting I learned a real lot from your tweet...
For ****'s sake...are we really at a point in our society where any posting on the internet under a certain character limit is being referred to as a "tweet"? I ****ing hate twitter.

But honestly, I haven't read the forum much the last couple days and wanted to read a thread on Simon Gagne and here you are debating Jester over whose pubes are more gray and other completely irrelevant stuff. I know that happens on message boards, but this one seemed out of hand...so I thought I'd be a smartass. It happens.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
For ****'s sake...are we really at a point in our society where any posting on the internet under a certain character limit is being referred to as a "tweet"? I ****ing hate twitter.

But honestly, I haven't read the forum much the last couple days and wanted to read a thread on Simon Gagne and here you are debating Jester over whose pubes are more gray and other completely irrelevant stuff. I know that happens on message boards, but this one seemed out of hand...so I thought I'd be a smartass. It happens.
This thread sucks, no doubt.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
FreshPerspective
Ed finally concedes!

Quote:

It got out of hand like the Tampa game right now....it happens like you said.

Old
11-18-2010, 08:07 PM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

So... Gagne right?

KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 08:55 PM

Forget about Gagne, i think Boucher has got some pretty severe vision problems.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:39 PM
stazza18
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Please elaborate. I am considering getting this done. People I have talked to that had this done say nothing but great things about it.
Speaking as someone who has had it, its one of the only smart decisions I've made in my life...

stazza18 is offline   Reply With Quote