HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Falls Apart" - 11.18.10 - Nashville at Montreal

Old
11-18-2010, 04:17 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
If were winning by 6 at the end of 2, I still wont feel safe.
Man how am I gonna watch this one?
Try watching while drinking. It has helped me get through many games.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
jeez, hope yo never have kids. you don't beat them for every misstep. and why would you do that before a game? to wear them out beforehand so that hfnation can hate barry trotz for having a gassed team?

anyway....

don't make me make a slumpbuster gdt on saturday preds....
These aren't kids. These are professional athletes major difference...

And lets hope there are no kids on the way!

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 11-18-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
If it works, I want a similar one for Colorado with Cal and Ryan O
done and done

Jonesey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:31 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Trust me, I believe in the idea that you are a kid till you are 30

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Trust me, I believe in the idea that you are a kid till you are 30
probably true but you know what I mean

Old
11-18-2010, 04:48 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
probably true but you know what I mean
All I have to say is this. Would you want **** from your boss every time YOU ****ed up? It's an 82 game season and there is going to be ONE **** the bed moment. The problem with the fan mindset is that fans are hyper critical and hyper sensitive. All I give a **** about is 'Make the playoffs and then win.' not 'win and make the playoffs' huge difference.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:54 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Try watching while drinking. It has helped me get through many games.
This will do

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:58 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
I am very upset trotz didn't bag skate the team. Team meetings are all good and what not but nothing sends a message like bag skating.
Token is 100% right. A bag skate yesterday would've been counterproductive in the midst of a road trip and with a game the next night.

A bag skate is punishment for the sake of either grabbing the team's attention (which I don't think Trotz has lost) or trying to take all the issues surrounding the team and focus them all into hatred towards the coach so that the players unite behind something and stop bickering with each other (which I can tell you is always gonna be there to some extent when a team has fallen off the wagon like this).

The more reliable approach is what they did...holding an "open-air" team meeting where whatever is said stays in the room and no one is off limits from criticism. You go around the room and everyone gets a chance to lay it out there. Hopefully everyone learns something or maybe looks at the situation in a new light after the meeting and you try to reach some type of consensus (if there's one to be had) moving forward.

You clear the air and let the history be just that. You identify issues that have been lingering and address them. You start with a new slate and advance forward. Generally it leaves the team with a positive mindset rather than a bag skate leaving the team with a negative mindset and not having really addressed any issues...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:02 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

This crowd wants bag skates after every loss..

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
This crowd wants bag skates after every loss..
Well...

Either they would like the most injured team in the league or the most conditioned...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:23 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Well...

Either they would like the most injured team in the league or the most conditioned...
Yeah I think if the fans got a bag skate every time they called for one it wouldn't be long before half of the team had to sit because of injuries, and the other half could run a marathon before running a triathlon.

All I hope for tonight is discipline. The intensity from Tuesday's first period was good. A solid forecheck and good neutral zone play. These things would be gravy. A win would just be early Christmas considering my level of pessimism after the Toronto meltdown. (It's worse than after the infamous SJ meltdown last year)

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:53 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Token is 100% right. A bag skate yesterday would've been counterproductive in the midst of a road trip and with a game the next night.

A bag skate is punishment for the sake of either grabbing the team's attention (which I don't think Trotz has lost) or trying to take all the issues surrounding the team and focus them all into hatred towards the coach so that the players unite behind something and stop bickering with each other (which I can tell you is always gonna be there to some extent when a team has fallen off the wagon like this).

The more reliable approach is what they did...holding an "open-air" team meeting where whatever is said stays in the room and no one is off limits from criticism. You go around the room and everyone gets a chance to lay it out there. Hopefully everyone learns something or maybe looks at the situation in a new light after the meeting and you try to reach some type of consensus (if there's one to be had) moving forward.

You clear the air and let the history be just that. You identify issues that have been lingering and address them. You start with a new slate and advance forward. Generally it leaves the team with a positive mindset rather than a bag skate leaving the team with a negative mindset and not having really addressed any issues...
Excuse me for being the commissar here, but this team has blown many leads this year and taken careless, stupid penalties. If we have had team meetings before, why hasn't that sunk in before? I think all of us can agree the team lets off the gas after grabbing a lead. Is that being coached or is that the players. Personally, I think it is the players but I could be wrong.

Sorry if I am being overly critical, but this team can't afford loses like the one in PHX or last night in Toronto. If I am not mistaken, there has already been a team meeting, thus I think they should be bag skated. No one said it had to be long, but I think a message needs to be sent.

Old
11-18-2010, 06:04 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Excuse me for being the commissar here, but this team has blown many leads this year and taken careless, stupid penalties. If we have had team meetings before, why hasn't that sunk in before? I think all of us can agree the team lets off the gas after grabbing a lead. Is that being coached or is that the players. Personally, I think it is the players but I could be wrong.

Sorry if I am being overly critical, but this team can't afford loses like the one in PHX or last night in Toronto. If I am not mistaken, there has already been a team meeting, thus I think they should be bag skated. No one said it had to be long, but I think a message needs to be sent.
I would be for a bag skate if the guys were out there not caring. They played hard, even once they went down 5-4. Bag skates are for teams that aren't skating and playing hard and being just plain lazy. Say what you want about those penalties the other night but how often do you see a team take that many penalties back to back without anything being called the other way? I seriously doubt you can find many instances. 3 5 on 3 goals against does not justify a bag skate.

If this team went thru the motions then I'd be all for it. This was not the case the other night.

Also, if the team has blown leads like this in the past and yet the roster has changed over how many times in 11 or 12 years, is it really the players or is it the coaching staff or is it a bit of both? I've always said great teams and coaches know when to put the final knife in the wounded animal. We had a 3-0 lead and we needed to go make it 4-0. We didn't. We lost. Is this a by product of the players or the coaches? At some point, the coaching staff needs to be looked at because this is not something that is new. I'm not advocating a change but at the same time, the killer attitude needs to be brought. When you have a team down, you go for the kill. Carolina had Ottawa down 4-0 after one last night and won 7-1. They finished the beat down. That's what we needed to do. We have always needed to do that.

A bag skate would not have rectified this issue. IMHO.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

We really just need to play a solid road game, and these guys know exactly how to do that, it's all a matter of execution.

Guys, it is an 82 game season. Every team goes through hot and cold spells, we just need to make sure there are more hot ones than cold ones.

Go into Montreal, steal the 2 points by any means necessary, and be done with it.

Old
11-18-2010, 06:48 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
All I have to say is this. Would you want **** from your boss every time YOU ****ed up? It's an 82 game season and there is going to be ONE **** the bed moment.
So I guess the other meltdowns (Washington, Pittsburgh, giving up the game-winner to Anaheim with five seconds left) don't count?

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:54 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Ward has got to bury that

Old
11-18-2010, 06:57 PM
predfan24

I do find it funny that last shift when we are attacking there MTL had about 5 different times where they were obstructing which would have been called against us in our game against TML. Not that I mind the penalties not being called. Just shows the redicolous inconsistencies between refs in the NHL.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I do find it funny that last shift when we are attacking there MTL had about 5 different times where they were obstructing which would have been called against us in our game against TML. Not that I mind the penalties not being called. Just shows the redicolous inconsistencies between refs in the NHL.

I saw the same thing here.

Also, if they would have scored that goal, it was all on Colin Wilson. If he makes a hit on the boards in the neutral zone, they don't get the scoring chance.

Old
11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Loving the intensity of this game

Old
11-18-2010, 07:17 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Fun game to watch so far. Tons of action. Both goalies have made some impressive saves. Let's just hope we can keep getting solid chances, and that Price can't find a way to get something in front of them all. Also hopefully Leggy is ok.

edit: it's pretty annoying how booing is basically tradition in Montreal. It's pretty bad in Toronto, too, but Montreal treats it like it's a sport within a sport.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 07:32 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Wat a pass by Cube and nice bury by Goc

Old
11-18-2010, 07:37 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go