HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shoulda watched Tampa/Philly

Old
11-18-2010, 09:43 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
It was the worse Habs game I saw this year. Passing was awful, and the team seemed to lack any speed or enthusiasm to play, day and night to the Philly game.

Price was good, but really thought he would have been rested for Auld to play and Price to play on Saturday.

No one was going to the net, players were bunched up and D were leaving players open in front and passing dangerously in our zone too.

Eller looked great, best game I saw of him, if he had some top 6 time he could have popped one in tonight.

The Habs fell into a trap of not being up for the Preds, maybe under estimating them. Hope they don't make the same mistake against the Leafs on Saturday.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Plekanec's line, supposedly the Habs' best, was on the ice for all 3 Nashville goals. Needless to say, it was a disappointing game after the Habs conquered the Canucks, Bruins, and Flyers. Interestingly, the Pouliot-Halpern-Garche line remains the toughest to score against.
yeah but at least 2 of them were on the D. spacek looked stoned tonight - and was confirmed by his face first plant into the boards. the 2nd goal was completely unacceptable

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Erika

Geeeez !! Scott freakin Gomez has been pathetic once again, it's not even funny anymore !! Can you be more useless than that ?!

This turd will not even put more than 30 points this season, book it !!

Finally Eller looked great, surprisingly, because he received ICE TIME !! You heard that JACQUES MARTIN !?!? Time to give the kid more responsibilities, he is ready and is hungry for it!!

I would remove the piece of crap that is running the second line right now and try something like this:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Eller - Gionta
Moen - Gomez - Lapierre
Pyatt - Halpern - Darche

Put Andrei back on the first line, he is more effective than Gionta and has been dry since he's been with the turd, poor Andrei, he was doing good...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Darth Joker

Well, we were kind of due a lost.

That being said, we're not helping our cause by having Lapierre on the 2nd line. Get him off it, and put either Eller and/or Pouliot there. I'd like to give Gomez at least a couple of games with two wingers that actually have some offensive talent. However, my patience with Gomez is also running thin. It's just that, if I'm Martin, I don't want him to have excuses if we eventually demote him. So give him a couple games with two scoring wingers and if he still doesn't turn it around, he can skate on the third line.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Mr Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika EllerWick View Post
Geeeez !! Scott freakin Gomez has been pathetic once again, it's not even funny anymore !! Can you be more useless than that ?!

This turd will not even put more than 30 points this season, book it !!

Finally Eller looked great, surprisingly, because he received ICE TIME !! You heard that JACQUES MARTIN !?!? Time to give the kid more responsibilities, he is ready and is hungry for it!!

I would remove the piece of crap that is running the second line right now and try something like this:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn
Pouliot - Eller - Gionta
Moen - Gomez - Lapierre
Pyatt - Halpern - Darche

Put Andrei back on the first line, he is more effective than Gionta and has been dry since he's been with the turd, poor Andrei, he was doing good...
I don't agree with the way you said it but I agree with the idea of trying Eller on the second line. At this point it'd be hard for him to do any worse than Gomez anyways.Yeah alright Gomez isn't hurting us defensively but thats not his job, he just isn't playing like a top 6 forward period.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 11-18-2010 at 11:49 PM.
Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:56 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
Well, we were kind of due a lost.

That being said, we're not helping our cause by having Lapierre on the 2nd line. Get him off it, and put either Eller and/or Pouliot there. I'd like to give Gomez at least a couple of games with two wingers that actually have some offensive talent. However, my patience with Gomez is also running thin. It's just that, if I'm Martin, I don't want him to have excuses if we eventually demote him. So give him a couple games with two scoring wingers and if he still doesn't turn it around, he can skate on the third line.
Eh, I'm of the opposite mindset. Gomez should get a couple of games with Moen and Lapierre or Darche. It seems like any wingers that Gomez plays with instantly lose all offensive capabilities (Gionta to start the year, Kostitsyn now). Put him with guys who had none to begin with and let them run around, and give Eller a chance with Kostitsyn and Pouliot or whoever.

As for the game, probably the worst of the year...or close to it. We never had anything going from pretty much the first puck drop. Eller, A. Kost and I guess Gorges were the lone bright spots for me, everyone else just didn't show up. Spacek and Hamrlik in particular were god awful and the direct cause of the first two goals.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Half of Price's losses, the team has been shutout.
He has yet to allow more than 3 goals in a game.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Have the Habs ever scored on Rinne?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:08 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Have the Habs ever scored on Rinne?
Andrei Markov did, once a upon a time!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
It was the worse Habs game I saw this year. Passing was awful, and the team seemed to lack any speed or enthusiasm to play, day and night to the Philly game.

Price was good, but really thought he would have been rested for Auld to play and Price to play on Saturday.

No one was going to the net, players were bunched up and D were leaving players open in front and passing dangerously in our zone too.

Eller looked great, best game I saw of him, if he had some top 6 time he could have popped one in tonight.

The Habs fell into a trap of not being up for the Preds, maybe under estimating them. Hope they don't make the same mistake against the Leafs on Saturday.
I guess you didn't watch the NJ game then...

Anybody really surprised we lost tonight??..
Just came back from winning important games versus top opposition, shutting out Philly and Vancouver in the process and playing really well versus a divisional rival.
After those high emotions and intensity, the Predators come into town...I'm not surprised it was a boring bad game.

I would be worried if we would have come out to play like this versus Toronto, Boston, Philly or the Canucks. Most teams tend to get caught and play worse versus weaker opposition. I don't understand why people still act as if this was surprising.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:15 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan View Post
Gotta remember to not watch the next game against Nashville ZZZzzz...
And this is why I record almost every game nowadays. Between skipping commercials and occasionally intermission. I save tons of time. Plus I can delete boring games. I figured this may be a snoozer.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I'd start Auld vs the Leafs. Perfect time to wake up the skaters from taking the goalie for granted and not playing hard.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Bermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Price should have sat this game out. Price should have been rested for tonight and play Saturday and Monday. Now Auld has to start on Saturday to rest Price for the Philly game on Monday!

This would have been the perfect time to play Auld.

Not saying this is Price's fault! I'm the biggest Price fan around.

Now Montreal risks losing three in a row....

Tonight vs Nashville
Auld vs toronto
Philly on MOnday
Good point, but you could also argue that Price just had a shutout last game and it would be risking his hot streak if we had started Auld. We'll see what happens on Saturday though (I'm not very optimistic about the leafs game, we always play poorly against them no matter how bad they are haha)

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:40 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
I'd start Auld vs the Leafs. Perfect time to wake up the skaters from taking the goalie for granted and not playing hard.
it's toronto, HNIC, saturday night at home, coming after a shut out loss... they'll be up.

Keep Price in nets, for the next 3 games (TO, Phil on Monday, LA on Wed)

Auld should start in nets on the 26th against ATL.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Can somebody explain to me why they allowed O'Reilly's goal? If they disallow Halpern's goal against the Bruins, they have to do the same with O'Reilly's goal. Oh wait... am I expecting constant decisions from refs and the Toronto war room? Stupid me...

On a positive note, good to see Eller show some skills. Hopefully next game he gets a chance on the second line while Gomez tries to wake up from this pretty powerful dream he's been having since the start of the season.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Can somebody explain to me why they allowed O'Reilly's goal? If they disallow Halpern's goal against the Bruins, they have to do the same with O'Reilly's goal. Oh wait... am I expecting constant decisions from refs and the Toronto war room? Stupid me...

On a positive note, good to see Eller show some skills. Hopefully next game he gets a chance on the second line while Gomez tries to wake up from this pretty powerful dream he's been having since the start of the season.
I didn't see many replays but from the replay i saw, there was a little kicking motion, similar to Halpern's but again, I did not see it clearly.

We probably did something that pissed off Campbell so he sent emails to the refs to screw the Habs.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Habs

Quote:
Thats actually a really good idea.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:16 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
It truly was meant without disrespect. I don't wander too far into the NHL general boards, so I just see what happens here. I can't say you guys come on our board often, probably because we don't play alot.

U mad?
not mad...just on guard i guess. sorry if i jumped a little. we have had to defend ourselves SO much the last few years, that it is almost second nature now.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:19 PM
TheNewGuy

Joel Bouchard or w/e his named was talking smack about Eller before the game started I hope he is eating dung right now.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Bill McNeal

Well that was one of the more boring games I attended in person.

Team was due for a letdown, no excuses Saturday.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:35 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96

thanks Crossovert.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:51 PM
phoque taupe

Quote:
well said

phoque taupe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:57 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quote:
Not a bad idea, but I don't think Price would want to sit out. I think hed want to show he can bounce back from a so so game. Plus its the leafs on saturday, Price has gotta play

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:48 AM
GoHomez

Well, the no more than 3 goals against during regulation is still alive.

And I guess I am not the only one rather beating the Flyers and losing to the Preds than the other way around.

Those Preds uni's arent pretty.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:36 AM
Emanresu Wen

losing against the west = much better than losing against the same division

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote