HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Falls Apart" - 11.18.10 - Nashville at Montreal

Old
11-18-2010, 09:16 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plante View Post
I usually don't post on other teams GDTs... but man... lol... you're not part of the team, you don't have to forget about it, you can cheer, remember, and rejoice about that win all the way till Sat.

U whooped some ass, take it in and enjoy the victory
Haha I think he was actually "giving advice" to the team there. After that utter failure on Tuesday I think we will all enjoy a well-played game and a deserved win.

Also, the booing was getting to me, but the ovation for Bouillon was great. Props to your crowd tonight

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:23 PM
WartracePred

Anytime someone goes straight to the locker room after an injury, it typically isn't good news. Oh well, it's officially a lower body injury. Trotz will say it didn't look too serious. And Legwand will be out far longer than any of us wants.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Way to go GOC!!! Just before getting hurt and now since his return, the best most consistent forward on the Preds! ........just my opinion

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:26 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I, for one, thought it was a pretty good game. Good pace. Exciting. A little bit of everything except for a fight. Apparently I'm wrong, though, because reading comments from the few Montreal posters who actually had an opinion on the entertainment factor, it was a boring, trapping game. (A couple of them thought it was entertaining)

I love how whenever we beat a team it's only because we employed the trap. Funny... I missed the trap. I guess I only watched sixty minutes of the game, though.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:29 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Good game guys you deserve the win, Goc is looking smart.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:30 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I, for one, thought it was a pretty good game. Good pace. Exciting. A little bit of everything except for a fight.
SOB nearly got into a fight, does that count?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:39 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
SOB nearly got into a fight, does that count?
Personally I wanted to punch Lapierre after he started laughing and mouthing off...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:43 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Personally I wanted to punch Lapierre after he started laughing and mouthing off...
Same here man, same here.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, I'm heading down to the beach for the weekend. Pity me, 70-80 degrees sitting on a beach, life is hard

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 10:30 PM
token grinder

so after this does joetimo want to bag skate them or take them out for tea?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:23 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
There was blood.
I approve of this result.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:28 PM
cleangene

This is the PREDS team I saw in games 1 through 3 of this season, and really REALLY hope to see many more times. No PP goal the 1 time on it fully, but at least there was some passing of the puck TOWARDS THE NET and not just Shea shooting it. I loved his smile as he was hugging Peks, along with the ovation Cube received. It would have been great if Sergei could have scored the one that put it away in the 3rd. Just loved watching this game as a fan- HABS are one of my favorites in the East, team and opposition fan-wise. Please send tonight's PREDS team into the caniac center Saturday.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:27 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Way to bounce back Preds!!

Both goalies were great. Had lots of help clearing pucks.

Good, timely goals.

Good team win!

Barry Trotz with his famous quote Re: Legwand: "It's nothing major," Predators coach Barry Trotz said. "We'll just take it day to day but he shouldn't miss too much time, if he does."

We've all heard that before.....

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
That's kind of the whole point of Lapierre, no?

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
so after this does joetimo want to bag skate them or take them out for tea?
While I appreciate the attention my post is getting, I want to point out everyone is entitled to their opinion. This team has been blowing leads left and right PHX, WSH, PITTS, the ANA debacle, and TOR. Believe me, I am happy for the win tonight but that still doesn't change the fact I really thought a little bit of whipping would do some good.

Like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I will certainly stand by mine.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
While I appreciate the attention my post is getting, I want to point out everyone is entitled to their opinion. This team has been blowing leads left and right PHX, WSH, PITTS, the ANA debacle, and TOR. Believe me, I am happy for the win tonight but that still doesn't change the fact I really thought a little bit of whipping would do some good.

Like I said everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I will certainly stand by mine.
Only five teams have fewer points than the Preds over the last ten games, so it's not like they've been setting things on fire lately. With essentially a month long road trip with a couple of home games sprinkled in, I would agree that you can't let the season slip away with what's been going on the last couple of weeks.

On to the game last night. As I was watching this, I was thinking that PR was stealing the game. While I don't think that technically a three goal victory is ever "stealing a game", I'm still going to say the PR stole this one. You hope that your goalie can steal a half dozen games or so a year and I 'm going to say that even with a three goal margin, he stole that one.

The main thing I took away from this was the Preds style of play. Typically Trotz over corrects and goes defense plus plus to set the team right again. However, this was clearly the opposite. Part of it was just the flow of the game and how MON was playing, but I wonder how much of this opening up was a result of a conscious coaching decision by Trotz. As the game went on, I noticed that the Preds got away from the usual game plan of trying to protect the lead and continued with some good scoring chances. I thought that missing Legwand would be difficult and we would see overplaying of certain guys to compensate, but to my surprise, Trotz went a little more offensive and guys like Smithson and Ward didn't see the ice time that they usually get in the 3rd. Bottom line was that was an effort worthy of a win and a gameplan designed for winning (as opposed to some other dubious efforts/gameplans this season.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:03 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Only five teams have fewer points than the Preds over the last ten games, so it's not like they've been setting things on fire lately. With essentially a month long road trip with a couple of home games sprinkled in, I would agree that you can't let the season slip away with what's been going on the last couple of weeks.

On to the game last night. As I was watching this, I was thinking that PR was stealing the game. While I don't think that technically a three goal victory is ever "stealing a game", I'm still going to say the PR stole this one. You hope that your goalie can steal a half dozen games or so a year and I 'm going to say that even with a three goal margin, he stole that one.

The main thing I took away from this was the Preds style of play. Typically Trotz over corrects and goes defense plus plus to set the team right again. However, this was clearly the opposite. Part of it was just the flow of the game and how MON was playing, but I wonder how much of this opening up was a result of a conscious coaching decision by Trotz. As the game went on, I noticed that the Preds got away from the usual game plan of trying to protect the lead and continued with some good scoring chances. I thought that missing Legwand would be difficult and we would see overplaying of certain guys to compensate, but to my surprise, Trotz went a little more offensive and guys like Smithson and Ward didn't see the ice time that they usually get in the 3rd. Bottom line was that was an effort worthy of a win and a gameplan designed for winning (as opposed to some other dubious efforts/gameplans this season.
This was essentially a lot of my thoughts as well.

Pekka Rinne carried the team through most of this game. If was a little bit off, last night would have been a different story (not necessarily a loss, but not necessarily a win either).

The PP was still troublesome (which Seth and I discussed via twitter last night to some extent).

The lack of discipline was still concerning although the kill looked better (hard not to).

The forwards that have played well all season continued to do so- Goc, Hornqvist and O'Reilly primarily. Sullivan's played ok, Legwand ok, Erat ok, etc.

There are great things to take away from this game: the team's mental toughness to bounce back, Rinne playing very solid again, continued great play from Goc, Hornqvist and O'Reilly (which is moving away from just a trend and heading into extremely solid, dependable, and productive).

There are still several concerns with the power play being at the top. Continued undisciplined play is very concerning. The fact that every line is essentially a carbon copy is problematic (there's no identity or roles- everyone's playing the same role).

That said, one game at a time and we all look forward to the next game.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:13 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
that was awesome.

I blame Montreal for making us skate. I guess they thought we couldnt hang, they opened the game up from the beginning, Pekka was big when he needed to be, and we took care of business.

Any news on Legwand?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post

Any news on Legwand?
Ask the Magic Eight Ball

It's about as accurate as a diagnosis from Trotz.

Old
11-19-2010, 04:18 PM
token grinder

i asked it if legwand is ok and said:

my sources say no

then i asked if legwand has a serious injury

it said "maybe"

then i asked if legwand is done for the year

it said "absolutely!"

i asked are we screwed then

it said "my sources say no"

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i asked it if legwand is ok and said:

my sources say no

then i asked if legwand has a serious injury

it said "maybe"

then i asked if legwand is done for the year

it said "absolutely!"

i asked are we screwed then

it said "my sources say no"
I asked "is it a long term injury?" and Magic Eight Ball said "maybe".

I then asked "Magic Eight Ball, are you being truthful" and Eight Ball said "Ask again later".

See, just like Trotz.

Old
11-19-2010, 05:33 PM
glenngineer

The one change I liked about the PP last night was that Weber and Suter played with Wilson, Erat and SK whereas Franson and Bouillon were with O'Reilly, Sullivan and Hornqvist. It seemed to work better for some reason. Not sure why but I liked the movement of the puck and the personnel.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 12:00 AM
kivaerijo

yeah glen..but just wait for it..sully turning over the puck will bite us because bouillon will be pinching and franson is too slow to catch the 2 on 0 shorthanded breakaway.

but i was pleased with what the PP was doing last night

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote