HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Shooting Boards

Old
11-18-2010, 10:57 AM
gintonic

vCash: 500
Shooting Boards

I saw a couple recommendations on posts where some thought these to be beneficial so I just wanted to throw this out there. For those that have bought shooting boards for training aids, do they help? Recommended? If so, any recommendations as far as which to buy and from whom?

gintonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Skraut

A lot of us have made our own.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=25164228
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=778403

Thrifty Whiteboard $11
Silicone Lube $5

I'm approaching 12,000 shots on my whiteboard and it's starting to show signs of age. I'll probably replace it in the spring. The ones you buy will probably last longer, but at $100 for something much smaller, I'd rather just make my own, and replace it as needed.

Just make sure you have something solid under the whiteboard, I use mine off my wooden deck, others use theirs on concrete. If you try to shoot on with something soft under it like grass you will destroy it.

Last edited by Skraut: 11-18-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Blueland89

bought mine from totalhockey.com and love it was only $35

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:23 AM
izzy3

I have a shooting pad (well, a tape 2 tape) and after a few hundred shots I am def better shooting the puck, and I am MUCH better on one timers. After a few thousand shots more it should be even better. Mastery comes from practice, and if you can't shoot every day on ice, a shooting pad is worth every penny.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 10:42 AM
gintonic

I know these may sound like dumb questions, but I've never used one of these or seen one in use. Do you use real pucks with these things, or some other kind of practice pucks, and what do shoot the pucks into?

gintonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:20 AM
rwr

i went to toem and bought plexi (i think its 24x48) put some pledge on it, and used it in the summer to shoot pucks into the net... i have no idea how well this would work for a tape to tape trainer...

PS search "skill pad" on youtube....

rwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:22 PM
izzy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gintonic View Post
I know these may sound like dumb questions, but I've never used one of these or seen one in use. Do you use real pucks with these things, or some other kind of practice pucks, and what do shoot the pucks into?
after being sprayed with a little silicon you can use a normal ice hockey puck. flypuck has an even heavier puck to develop strength. you can set up whatever target you can afford / have room for. i shoot into a net, with some targets on it.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote