HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

On Boyle, Rozsival - Surprising Stats

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2010, 12:16 PM
  #26
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
I point to a five year old example because if it wasn't releveant then, why would it be now?

I value a d-man, not on his ability to score goals (unless your a Leetch, Souray, Mike Green type) but on their ability to heck, play D?

Rozy is not Chris Pronger and i never expected him to be, I also expect around 30 points from him a season which he generally gets (barring last year). He has played physical on D this year (yes physical, if you havn't noticed this, than you havn't been watching) and he's been pretty good shut down and in the corners.

He's not the fastest or flashiest guy out there but hes very capable of what he's doing.

Rangers fans always need their whipping boy and apparently this is the guy for most of you.

Im done trying to change your mind. if you can't see through your biased hatred for him and just accept the fact that he's played well this year,. then i don't know what to tell you.
I think you have a hard time explaining why he is a -4 when Staal, Girardi, and MDZ are all plus players. To dismiss the stat is convenient but is a copout. And as you would expect I disagree with your assessment of his physical play; and I watch every game. I'm ready to move on if you are.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:18 PM
  #27
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
But if we trade Rozy, then we can give those guys a shot. Fans are impatient generally, but these days we see the light at the end of the tunnel and any move that makes sense to that 2 or 3 year plan will be acceptable. Plus, Ranger fans appreciate that Rozi logs the minutes but if him being traded helps us move forward I wouldn't expect that torches will be lit and marching will begin.
I will march and light a ****ing torch if management decides gilroy or eminger are a better top-4 dman than rozy

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:19 PM
  #28
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,853
vCash: 500
Doesn't sound like McD or Valentenko are going to be called up anytime soon.

Torts said this yesterday in the Post:

Quote:
The Blueshirts, who are in the midst of a stretch in which they'll play five games in seven nights and nine in 14, are bringing only six defensemen on the jaunt rather than promoting one from the AHL to serve as a standby.

"They're not ready in Hartford," said Tortorella. "We want them to keep playing and not disrupt their development.

"If there's an emergency, we'll get someone in."
Hopefully this will end all talk of "bring up McD or V-tank!!!," but somehow I doubt it.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:20 PM
  #29
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
McDonagh and Vtank couldnt even beat out Gilroy, or Eminger this year. No way in hell they could beat out Rozsival

This guy has been one of our best for 5+ years. And we're better playing Gilroy right now? Lol. Hockey anaylsis failure.
So, the fact that those two guys were not traded for or had larger contracts had nothing to do with their demotion? don't be naive. Why is White here and kennedy is in Hartford? These decisions are not always made based on who the best player is. Sometimes when a guy is out of options (like Sauer) or makes money or has cost the team a player in a trade, they get a shot. And young guys are sent down for more seasoning. So, to try and make it that simple is ridiculous.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:21 PM
  #30
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
i find all this rozy stuff rather amusing.

saves me alot of typing...
It also must save you a lot of time and energy thinking all good defenseman need to do is shot the puck instead of, of I dunno, play defense.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:27 PM
  #31
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 8,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
So, the fact that those two guys were not traded for or had larger contracts had nothing to do with their demotion? don't be naive. Why is White here and kennedy is in Hartford? These decisions are not always made based on who the best player is. Sometimes when a guy is out of options (like Sauer) or makes money or has cost the team a player in a trade, they get a shot. And young guys are sent down for more seasoning. So, to try and make it that simple is ridiculous

Seconds these "decisions" you speak of based around money or trade should have been put to rest when Reddens 6.5 million contract was sent to the AHL.

Torts said he does what is best for the team at all times. Granted i don't always agree with these choices but the White > Kennedy was based on who he thought filled a need for the Rangers. He didn't keep white because of monetary purposes or because of a trade....this isnt the pre lockout rangers anymore.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:32 PM
  #32
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Misinformed fans need to hear the boo birds too.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:35 PM
  #33
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
So, the fact that those two guys were not traded for or had larger contracts had nothing to do with their demotion? don't be naive. Why is White here and kennedy is in Hartford? These decisions are not always made based on who the best player is. Sometimes when a guy is out of options (like Sauer) or makes money or has cost the team a player in a trade, they get a shot. And young guys are sent down for more seasoning. So, to try and make it that simple is ridiculous.
but the fact is that your point on the salaries is off, simply through the Redden case study.

Rozy is not here because he makes more money, he is here because he is currently a better defensive defenseman than all but two of our dmen. He has also been our best defenseman on the power play every season but last, and re-took the top position this year before his injury.

Some people dislike Rozsival simply because he doesnt awe in any area of his game, and thats truly unfair to balanced defensemen.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 12:41 PM
  #34
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,527
vCash: 500
Get Rozy healthy and trade him to Edmonton while the stock is up and they're in bad need of a defender!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.