HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shoulda watched Tampa/Philly

Old
11-19-2010, 11:31 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Could they loose them on the road instead than at the Bell Centre ? The +21,000 fans deserve better than that.
theres a few games i would avoid, and NASH is defiantly one of em'

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:33 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Preds played a solid game, tight D system slowed down the pace, they broke up a lot of Habs' passes and shots. RInne was very good.

On the Habs end they coulda used some more clutch, cuz they did have decent chances, but couldn't put anything away.

Losses will happen, sad to see so much blame directed at Gomez. Yes he hasn't been putting up points (Im not thrilled about this since I have him in my pool), but he has been playing OK. I think it's time to end the Lapierre expirement. Lapierre is a good 3rd liner and has some individual skills that let him produce points, but he can't keep up with highly skilled players and produce consistently, which a top 6 player needs to do.

Time to put Pouliot or Eller back on Gomez' wing along with Gionta or Andrei.
Why not Cammalleri with Gomez.. This had not been tried yet this year !

Plekanec with A.K. and Gionta could work well too.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:55 AM
Turboflex*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Why not Cammalleri with Gomez.. This had not been tried yet this year !

Plekanec with A.K. and Gionta could work well too.
Yeah that could work. Cammelleri-Gomez-Gionta was effective last season.

I think any combo of Cammelleri, Gionta, Andrei, and Pouliot/Eller could work for the top 6. Gomez & Plekanec are both solid playmakers, and those guys are all pretty skilled, just need to find the right combo that can get some of these guys out of their funks. Eventually the staff got it right last season and both lines took off, might take some more mix & matching to get it done this season. They should stop trying 3rd liners like Moen/Lapierre on there though, I can see the temptation to throw some "grit" on there, but right now Gomez needs more skill & clutch on his wing than defensive grit.

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:30 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
theres a few games i would avoid, and NASH is defiantly one of em'
because its a for sure loss?

i am assuming you mean it was boring..just dont get it. saw your fans fans stand up multiple time during the game for some very close/good opportunities that pekka just made the saves on. if it is an automatic boring game because your team didnt score, then fine..but if you enjoy the game for what it is, it was an entertaining game. which i admit is tough to remember the exciting times after your team lost the game.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I was nervous about this game because one thing that has been a staple for nashville is hard work. After the debacle against a struggling Leafs team, I knew that the preds would pay attention to every single detail.

The game definitely had the feeling of "first goal wins", and the preds got it.

I thought the habs played okay, but its not a bad thing to lose once in a while. I am confident that this will put a little fire under their belly going into the leafs game. Conversely, the leafs might be feeling a little fat after a couple wins.

Anyways, credit to the preds for the win.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote