HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers in talks to acquire Jarome Iginla

Old
11-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Rangers in talks to acquire Jarome Iginla

Take with a grain of salt, it's from Incarcerated Bob. However, he's gotten many other things right before any media outlet has reported them (End of Revis holdout, Sandy Alderson being hired as Mets GM, Yankees firing pitching coach) so it's worth mentioning:

*************** incarcerated bob
**NHL RUMOR** Sources confirm Rangers / LA Kings are actively pursuing Jerome Iginla #Calgary #Flames are listening to offers for the sniper
3 hours ago Favorite Reply

**NHL RUMOR** Sources have confirmed Rangers have jumped in trade talks with Flames in regards to acquiring #Iginla / Talks heating up

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Take with a grain of salt, it's from Incarcerated Bob. However, he's gotten many other things right before any media outlet has reported them (End of Revis holdout, Sandy Alderson being hired as Mets GM, Yankees firing pitching coach) so it's worth mentioning:

**NHL RUMOR** Sources confirm Rangers / LA Kings are actively pursuing Jerome Iginla #Calgary #Flames are listening to offers for the sniper

**NHL RUMOR** Sources have confirmed Rangers have jumped in trade talks with Flames in regards to acquiring #Iginla / Talks heating up
Oh boy.

If the cost isn't anything core-related and we dump salary, I wouldn't mind, but oh boy this has disaster written all over it.

Edit: Upon further thought, Sutter is off his ****ing rocker and this ain't workin' cap-wise.

Last edited by Wraparounds: 11-19-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:28 AM
rangersfan111

Quote:

hell no... we have enough bad contracts.. if iginla was making under 5 for the next 3 years i would trade for him but he's just another aging veteran... his good years are behind him... secondly we have enough right wingers in the system... gaborik, callahan are our right wingers in our top 6 ... iginla would be great playing with anisimov but hes just not worth his cap hit... i don't want the rangers to make any trades this year... unless its trading away christensen

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I don't buy it, capwise.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Rust Heisenberg

If we were to send back either Rosival or Drury then i would do a deal. One bad for a contract another.

Iginla would provide a lot more for this rangers team than Drury.

Rosival is a mystery to me. One year he's awful, one year he's solid. Right now i would think his value is the highest it has been in a couple of years.

Drury and Rosival expire at the end of next year, Iginla the following year, so it's not that bad IF we give on in turn for the other.

Otherwise i wouldn't go near it.

Old
11-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Zil

Does the deal include a magic button to make Iginla five or six years younger too?

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:35 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:

I doubt it. Just because the guy 'has been right before' means nothing. The whole baseball world knew that Sandy Alderson was the favorite it was common knowledge before Incarcerated Bob said anything that Alderson would be the guy. Also, the Yankees never fired Eiland, his contract ended and due to the bad pitching this year, them not being able to make adjustments (especially Javy) and his leave of absence it was easy to predict he was gone.

Right now, the Kings are the favorites to get him anyway, so I wouldn't worry.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I've heard the Kings were interested too... I heard it either from NHL or NHL Power Play...

Either way, I can see them needing a great veteran presence and Iginla can use a change of scenery.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:36 AM
rangersfan111

i would rather trade drury then rozsival... rozsival is still a top 4 defensemen and after this year he only makes 3 million and he can easily be traded... if the trade centered around drury and iginla ... i would do the trade in a second but calgary doesnt need anymore 2nd/3rd line centermen (jokinen, backlund, stajan, morrisson) and i don't think they would be looking for anymore veteran presence

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan111 View Post
i would rather trade drury then rozsival... rozsival is still a top 4 defensemen and after this year he only makes 3 million and he can easily be traded... if the trade centered around drury and iginla ... i would do the trade in a second but calgary doesnt need anymore 2nd/3rd line centermen (jokinen, backlund, stajan, morrisson) and i don't think they would be looking for anymore veteran presence
Both have NMCs.

Old
11-19-2010, 11:39 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Captain swap, perhaps? I dunno, this makes little sense to me.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Both have NMCs.
and so they cancel each other out

We heard Iggy rumors on july 1st, as well.

I cant imagine Drury will move, but if we did somehow swap Drury for Igonla, it would be a pretty big deal for this team.

Rozy, Again I don think the team is prepared to lose him without getting another solid dman back.

White+Frolov would come close to the cap hit, but who knows.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
and so they cancel each other out

We heard Iggy rumors on july 1st, as well.

I cant imagine Drury will move, but if we did somehow swap Drury for Igonla, it would be a pretty big deal for this team.

Rozy, Again I don think the team is prepared to lose him without getting another solid dman back.

White+Frolov would come close to the cap hit, but who knows.
How about Drury + White so Iginla can keep #12.

Old
11-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...g-iginla-rumor

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Sorry.....forgot to write....this article says iginla is not being traded

Old
11-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Sorry.....forgot to write....this article says iginla is not being traded
To LA.

Old
11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Scooter17

Haven't the Flames wanted Dubinsky for a while? I can't imagine Sather would be dumb enough to trade him away for an older player.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:48 AM
TrollololBoyle

Also, I wouldn't want to deal for a guy whose contract runs out a year later than Drury's and Rozsival's. It's not always a bad thing to do that, but there are some very attractive options in FA. Whether, they'll be resigned is a different story all together, but still.

Sharp, Burns, Suter, Tyutin, Hemsky, etc.

Then there is always raises and the additions of players from our own farm to worry about.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DutchShamrock

Man. Getting Iginla means the prospect of grabbing Richards is done. Not that I think we can nor am I convinced we should... but I much rather prefer the possibility of Richards to the reality of Iginla.

Look, I'll take the guy at steal but at this moment it just does not fit into our plans. We are building right finally. Bringing in a steady flow of prospects, weeding out the bad contracts, finding the right mesh. And I like the right wing right now. Do you want Callahan on the 3rd?

What's the cost? I soured on Grachev after camp but he showed me something during the call up. I'd rather roll the dice on the rest of his career vs the $7m cost for Iginla's guarenteed yet waning production. Dubinsky is off limits after some admitted waivering on my part prior to this season.

I want to hoard our d-men. We are bringing up a guy or 2 every year now. Roszival may go in this deal, at the deadline or finish out his contract but in the near future he is replaced by Valentenko/McD. Emenger the same.

I don't want this to sound like the typical 'give nothing for something' proposal but I'm just not interested. So Gilroy + MZA for Iginla and that doesn't even come close to satisfying the cap. Roszival helps but then Calgary absolutely must chip in an NHL defenseman on the cheap.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rust Heisenberg

here are some more tweets:

@
@StephenPic Calgary will be looking for 1 of Rangers young "d" men in any deal 4 Iginla > Should be interesting cause Kings have deep system
2 hours ago Favorite Reply

@
@JoeySandersNY No names leaking out yet> Flames have let it be known Iginla can be had #NHL #Kings #Rangers early favs >Nothing imminent yet
1 hour ago Favorite Reply

Old
11-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:

@
@StephenPic Calgary will be looking for 1 of Rangers young "d" men in any deal 4 Iginla > Should be interesting cause Kings have deep system

@
@JoeySandersNY No names leaking out yet> Flames have let it be known Iginla can be had #NHL #Kings #Rangers early favs >Nothing imminent yet
Oh my god...

Old
11-19-2010, 11:52 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

iginla has 9 years straight of 30+ goals....i wouldnt say hes finished yet....

that said...no way in hell do i give up anything of potential value for him, i.e. staal, dubi , cally kreider, step, ani etc

Old
11-19-2010, 11:52 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:

@

@
Don't pay attention to him. He had a lot of stuff wrong on the Jets.

Apparently a lot of BS stuff in regards to the Mets as well.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

how many years are left on his contract?

Old
11-19-2010, 11:54 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Thinking about it, Jarome's 33. I'm sure he needs a change of scenery, especially with Calgary ******** the bed. Despite that age, I'm sure he's going to be potting 30 goals for the next two years.

That contract is bad, though.