HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers in talks to acquire Jarome Iginla

Old
11-19-2010, 01:35 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by *************** View Post
If you're going to go after me then please include the stories i broke way before any media outlets & also remember the HATERS are all over Twitter & probably on this site as well > Hi Haters

Oh yeah go check Islanders board, i broke the Gordon firing a full 4 days before it happened & had the day he would be fired etc... Oh yeah i had Moss being traded before any1 > Wade Phillips on October 11th when every1 said "Jerry Jones Does Not Fire Coaches Mid-way Through Year"

So once again as i said on Twitter , 2 Sources have in fact have information that the Rangers are interested in Iginla & when Calgary decides to make a move they will be in it with the Kings & any other teams that might get in on it.

Nothing Imminent!!!

Hi Haters > - Oh WFAN (Francessa) talked Hockey (Islanders) yesterday because of me! Do not underestimate my connections
The problem is sources and their credibility are always suspect on these boards because of frauds like eklund. People are careful to get their hopes up or too involved in a rumor from a source they arent familiar with or just dont trust in general because of the eklunds and garriochs of the world

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:40 PM
NYR Viper

One would think that one of Valentenko/McDonagh will have to be traded. Staal, MDZ, Valentenko/McDonagh. There are only 3 spots and they all deserve to be in the NHL(most likely by next season).

The Rangers have 41.85 million dollars towards next season including the following players:

______-Stepan-Gaborik
_______-_______-______
Avery-Drury-______
Prust-Christensen-Boogaard

Staal-Rozsival
MDZ-Girardi
_____-_____

Hank
Biron

Players that need to be resigned:
Dubinsky
Callahan
Anisimov
Boyle
Sauer

Say they get the following contracts:

Dubinsky(4 years @ 4 million/season)-----Raise of 2.15 million/season
Callahan(5 years @ 3.85 million/season)-----Raise of 1.55 million/season
Anisimov(2 years @ 1.85 million/season)------Raise of ~1 million/season
Sauer(1 year @ .95 million)-----Raise of .45 million
Boyle(2 years @ 1.1 million/season)-----Raise of .575 million/season

Line-up(53.6 million)

______-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery-Drury-______
Prust-Boyle-Boogaard
Christensen

Staal-Rozsival
MDZ-Girardi
_____-Sauer

Hank
Biron

I would figure they would bring up one young winger, either Kreider, Grachev, MZA or Weise depending on what is needed. We will use the most expensive of the bunch in MZA(1.75) and one young defenseman, McDonagh(1.3), same reason.

That leaves the following(cap hits of 56.65 million)

______-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anismov-Callahan
Avery-Drury-MZA
Prust-Boyle-Boogaard
Christensen

Staal-Rozsival
MDZ-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer

Hank
Biron
Add Iginla @ 7 million and you end up at 63.65 million with the following line-up:

Iginla-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Avery-Drury-MZA
Prust-Boyle-Boogaard
Christensen

Staal-Rozsival
MDZ-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer

Hank
Biron

There are ways to save money, like demoting/waiving Christensen(~.9 million) and not bringing up MZA or McDonagh as they are the most expensive but I really don't see a way to fit that under the cap.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Randizzle

Oh belive me i understand about the "Frauds" like Eklund etc...

All i am doing is breaking a big NY rumor i got wind of > Nothing more nothing less... Matter of fact i pray the Rangers do not get Iginla, he makes you guys instantly a Cup Contender (With A rugged D Man) so i have no horse in this.

Eklund probably steals this rumor in... 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 ....

Randizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:41 PM
Tont

vCash: 503
Honestly the Rangers are one of the last teams I'd want to see Iginla traded to. The proposals you guys are throwing out in this thread are laughable, the Flames won't just trade Iginla for mostly spare parts.

This rumor is likely BS anyway, but sheesh, the only way the Flames are trading the best player the franchise has ever known is if it's a deal that's just way too good to pass up.

Tont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:43 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
No way to Iginla, please no

11-19-2010, 01:44 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Oh belive me i understand about the "Frauds" like Eklund etc...

All i am doing is breaking a big NY rumor i got wind of > Nothing more nothing less... Matter of fact i pray the Rangers do not get Iginla, he makes you guys instantly a Cup Contender (With A rugged D Man) so i have no horse in this.

Eklund probably steals this rumor in... 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 ....
Have you heard anything regarding who the Rangers are shopping? Gilroy is nothing new, they have been shopping him all season but I really wonder who else they could move without ruining the teams great locker room. Prospal or Frolov I could see.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:45 PM
FOXHOUND*

Quote:
If you're going to go after me then please include the stories i broke way before any media outlets & also remember the HATERS are all over Twitter & probably on this site as well > Hi Haters

Oh yeah go check Islanders board, i broke the Gordon firing a full 4 days before it happened & had the day he would be fired etc... Oh yeah i had Moss being traded before any1 > Wade Phillips on October 11th when every1 said "Jerry Jones Does Not Fire Coaches Mid-way Through Year"

So once again as i said on Twitter , 2 Sources have in fact gained information that the Rangers are "interested" in Iginla & when Calgary decides to make a move they will be in it with the Kings & any other teams that might want in on the bidding.

Iginla Will Be Traded > That is 99% according to 1 of the sources (Hockey Lifer with ties to Brent Sutter)

Nothing Imminent!!!

Hi Haters > - Oh WFAN (Francessa) talked Hockey (Islanders) yesterday because of me! Do not underestimate my connections
So are you saying this is more like a deadline deal?

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:48 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I'd think Sutter would want Mcdonagh instead of Gilroy. But yeah, its not a good fit. There are cheaper options for us, IMO.
From what I remember, the Flames didn't want Gilroy in the Jokinen deal...I doubt they'd want him now. My point was more about what salaries could be dumped, such as sent to Hartford, to get under the cap. The Rangers probably have enough to make a deal to get Iginla, even by not including Dubi, Cally, Staal, Anisimov, MDZ, Stepan, Kreider and McIlrath...you've got other young forwards...Grachev, Werek, Thomas and Horak, and you've got D-men such as McD, Valentenko and Kundratek. You've also got an extra 2nd round pick.

If you get Iginla, you almost certainly have to move Callahan to LW. Your top six is likely as follows:

Dubi-Stepan/Christensen (unless you send him to Hartford for more cap space)-Gaborik
Cally-AA-Iginla

Potential upgrades on the PP, and another legit top six scorer...makes the Rangers better, but how much? Next year is what troubles me...Dubi, Cally, AA, Boyle and Sauer all RFAs.

As for the likelihood of Calgary dealing Iginla, what's the famous Branch Rickey line? I can finish last just as easily without you...$7 million in cap space for a declining player...it might be enough motivation to move him.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

I have no belief this will ever happen

http://spectorshockey.net/2010/11/fl...o-move-iginla/

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Gabby has played left wing before.

Gaborik - Stepan - Iginla
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan

Drool.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotamus View Post
Honestly the Rangers are one of the last teams I'd want to see Iginla traded to. The proposals you guys are throwing out in this thread are laughable, the Flames won't just trade Iginla for mostly spare parts.

This rumor is likely BS anyway, but sheesh, the only way the Flames are trading the best player the franchise has ever known is if it's a deal that's just way too good to pass up.
I would not call Grachev or VTank/McD spare parts. Those are prospects who are high in our system and are pretty close to NHL ready. Meanwhile Calgary is sitting 4th in their division and 14th in the conference. Granted its early, Calgary doesnt look good at all

RGY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Randizzle

What i am saying is the Rangers have thrown their hat in the ring > Up until 48Hrs ago only the Kings where in on Iginla hard - But now with Rangers it allows Calgary to sit back & see what teams players have the best fit to possibly make a deal..

Nothing is getting done Tmrw, but Rangers are definitely in on Iginla & when Calgary decides to make a move, Sather has the weapons to get a deal done.. No names yet & obviously Flames still need to decide what they want.

Old
11-19-2010, 01:56 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Frolov + White + Gilroy + Valentenko

For

Ignila + Nystrom

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR View Post
Higgins and Kotalik for.....o wait
beat me to it!

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
What i am saying is the Rangers have thrown their hat in the ring > Up until 48Hrs ago only the Kings where in on Iginla hard - But now with Rangers it allows Calgary to sit back & see what teams players have the best fit to possibly make a deal..

Nothing is getting done Tmrw, but Rangers are definitely in on Iginla & when Calgary decides to make a move, Sather has the weapons to get a deal done.. No names yet & obviously Flames still need to decide what they want.
Its pretty great how once the Ranger's are interested it drums up all sorts of internet traffic and buzz. Makes ya think the Ranger's are connected to every trade rumor just to get the hits, no?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:05 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
Gabby has played left wing before.

Gaborik - Stepan - Iginla
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan

Drool.
Wouldn't it make more sense to move Iginla to the left side, being a right handed shot and all?

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

for the record, i have absolutely no interest whatsoever in trading for an aging star. Iginla is one of those guys where his style of play is going to make him deteriorate damn fast, youre probably already seeing it with his offensive production going down every year, and this year being a real disaster (on pace for 14 goals and 47 points). we already have 2 6.5+ million dollar underperforming contracts. DO NOT WANT a third.

once we get out from under Drurys contract, and once we amnesty buyout reddens contract, THEN we can look at maybe getting another star...but right now is not the time, not with those 3 kids getting ready to make some more cash, and not with stupid contracts like Boogaard taking up precious wiggle room.

Old
11-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

No. No. No. No.

So many reasons this won't work... Head on verge of exploding.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:11 PM
ogie

Quote:
Are you Chris Botta? Because that is the reason WFAN was talking about hockey.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Captain swap, perhaps? I dunno, this makes little sense to me.
I mean if drury were to waive his nmc don't you think it would be for a place he's already played in? Iginla would provide us a lot more than drury would.

When rozy comes back and is healthy iginla for drury grachev and gilroy? And before all the calgary fans say they won't give up iginla for scraps yada yada yada... 14 47 points isn't going to get you the return the iginla of 2-3 years ago would have. And jokinen was also once a 90+ point player and he was traded for a bad contract in kotalik and a waste of space in higgins.

Last edited by Gardner McKay: 11-19-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Randizzle

Why do you think Mike Francessa was talking about Botta in the 1st place???

Do you're homework & find out who called the producers & then was allowed to get on the air with Mike to talk Islanders during his precious Football talk & Baseball Hot Stove love fest..

Before making statements go get those fact straightened out

Old
11-19-2010, 02:18 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
I mean if drury were to waive his nmc don't you think it would be for a place he's already played in? Iginla would provide us a lot more than drury would.

When rozy comes back and is healthy iginla for drury grachev and gilroy?
Drury, apparently, was not happy in Calgary. I doubt he would waive his nmc.

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Ail
k.

Do not want.

Did someone really say this would make them an instant cup contender?

Not only would trading for Iginla leave holes, they'd still be without a decent PP QB and enough responsible D on the backend. This team is not another top scoring winger away from contention, sorry. Especially an aging one.

11-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:

So once again as i said on Twitter , 2 Sources have in fact gained information that the Rangers are "interested" in Iginla & when Calgary decides to make a move they will be in it with the Kings & any other teams that might want in on the bidding.

Iginla Will Be Traded > That is 99% according to 1 of the sources (Hockey Lifer with ties to Brent Sutter)

Nothing Imminent!!!

Wasn't trying to go after you man. In fact tried to show people you were a legit source just in case they speculated.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Do not want.

Did someone really say this would make them an instant cup contender?

Not only would trading for Iginla leave holes, they'd still be without a decent PP QB and enough responsible D on the backend. This team is not another top scoring winger away from contention, sorry. Especially an aging one.

agreed.

honestly im fairly happy with this team as is.

id be interested in picking up a blast from the point a-la MAB to dress only for the PP..but other than that, im fairly happy.

a #1 center to stick between frolov and gabby could be a problem, then again if Prospal comes back and plays well, that may sort itself out internally.