HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yannick Weber recalled

Old
11-18-2010, 05:17 PM
SB164

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
I know he's the it kid in town right now, but I think anyone being halfway honest with themselves who it's Picard who sits if they want Weber in and also want to dress only six D.

That said, I agree. Barring injury, I suspect we see no line-up changes until a loss.

Does NO ONE remember the playoffs against the Bruins?

He was very effective at the end of that season and in the playoffs.
I've tried to block that out of my memory. Thanks for reminding me

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Remember when we thought that Weber and Subban were on the same level?
no.never.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I don't know why they would recall him if he wasn't going to play. I think he will get some time and give less minutes to Hamrlik, Gill, Spacek.
If I had to guess, this is what I'd say as well.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I was hoping that Carle would get the first D call up as he has earned it(over the years and this season) and has a good all around game. But i guess Management couldn't pass up Weber's 8 goals.

My guess is Weber is insurance if Gorges can't go.

Weber needs more AHL time and to get stronger, Carle is ready and i think he is on a level with Picard. Picard stoll his job. Hope Carle gets a shot at some point, feel bad for him.
Frankly, I'm not sure what if anything Carle has proven. Picard is way more NHL ready.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:08 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
While i admit Weber was pretty decent in his final couple of preseason games, and has been putting up pretty good numbers in the AHL, i rly dont care about the -5

i still would of prefered Alex Henry, and paired him up with subban.

Whos going to help subban monday...?
The Zebras

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Weber was pretty mediocre is his last few call ups... Hopefully this time he proves he belongs here. We want Streit II!!

lol Streit I developed into a threat at like 31 years old. We do not want Streit II for Weber

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
The Zebras
since when has a lion ever needed help from his food? we need a bigger lion.

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:44 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
lol Streit I developed into a threat at like 31 years old. We do not want Streit II for Weber
Well Streit's 1st good season with the Habs was in 2006-07 he was 29-30. He started putting good numbers in the Swiss A-league (the equivalent of the AHL) when he was 24.

Weber is 22... hopefully in 3-4 years he'll be a steady number 3-4 offensive D.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Any word on him playing ?

Richiebottles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 07:08 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Remember when we thought that Weber and Subban were on the same level?
While the level between them now isn't very close, I still think Weber can get there. Maybe not quite to the same level as Subban, but defintiely a Top-4 type guy with huge PP minutes. Weber has a lot of talent and it's just about putting the pieces together while continuing to develop. He's still very, very interesting for me. I've liked Weber a lot since we drafted him.

One Man Rock Band is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 07:09 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
I was hoping that Carle would get the first D call up as he has earned it(over the years and this season) and has a good all around game. But i guess Management couldn't pass up Weber's 8 goals.

Weber needs more AHL time and to get stronger, Carle is ready and i think he is on a level with Picard. Picard stoll his job. Hope Carle gets a shot at some point, feel bad for him.

Also like some have mentioned, St.Denis has really improved the last few years. He started out a whipping boy being thrown all over the lineup on Forward and on D but mostly in the pressbox. Now he is a solid contributer in all situations.

Then there is Nash who is intriguing now with his size but could use some more development in Hamilton and will be a solid prospect/potential player for Montreal in the next few years.
As you said Carle is a Picard type of player, what mean a decent 6th defenseman at best and there are plenty in the AHL while Weber obviously picked up his game big time, playing with more confidence and showing some great offensive instinct, especially on the PP.. so Weber can bring something more to our team.. with Markov out for a while, we need to add more skills at the blueline, thats why Weber was the one called up..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Matteus

I still consider Webber a good prospect and one thing I'd hate to see is for the Habs to keep playing yo-yo with him.
You can use your fringe prospects for emergency one-time call ups but please leave Webber and MaxPac alone if you're not going to give them significant minutes in the NHL.

Matteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I think if they recalled him he goes on Re-entry waivers and they could lose him, plus be on the hook for a 250k cap hit.
Unless they gave him a big AHL salary (which some team do with vets that are around only to play in the AHL), I seriously doubt that.

Plus, even at half price, no team is going to claim Henry. He'd have to stay on the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I've tried to block that out of my memory. Thanks for reminding me

Ha -- Fair point, but as I recall, Weber was on the few bright spots that year.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 09:29 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:

Also like some have mentioned, St.Denis has really improved the last few years. He started out a whipping boy being thrown all over the lineup on Forward and on D but mostly in the pressbox. Now he is a solid contributer in all situations.

Then there is Nash who is intriguing now with his size but could use some more development in Hamilton and will be a solid prospect/potential player for Montreal in the next few years.
I agree with you. Other than the PP he has outshone Weber this year and remember Carle hasn't been seeing that much of the PP, Randy has been using the two rookies a fair bit. If you look at even strength stats they are tied in points and Carle is a +6.

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:54 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
While the level between them now isn't very close, I still think Weber can get there. Maybe not quite to the same level as Subban, but defintiely a Top-4 type guy with huge PP minutes. Weber has a lot of talent and it's just about putting the pieces together while continuing to develop. He's still very, very interesting for me. I've liked Weber a lot since we drafted him.
i feel much the same way, though admittedly it's a feeling based on only a limited sample of actually seeing him play since we got him, and almost nothing this season as I've only seen one bulldogs game this year.

That said, given Martin's M.O, I expect Weber to get nothing more than marginal minutes, so I hope he gets sent right back down as soon as the team doesn't need the extra body.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 07:41 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Can Subban play the General on the power play with Weber unleashing his shot? The Habs need someone who can play general.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Unless they gave him a big AHL salary (which some team do with vets that are around only to play in the AHL), I seriously doubt that.

Plus, even at half price, no team is going to claim Henry. He'd have to stay on the roster.

Ha -- Fair point, but as I recall, Weber was on the few bright spots that year.
At 250k he makes a pretty cheap extra d-man who can drop the gloves and has nHL experience.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Lucius

Quote:
At 250k he makes a pretty cheap extra d-man who can drop the gloves and has nHL experience.
Again, he was already on waivers this year. If a team had wanted him, they have had him already.

Old
11-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Again, he was already on waivers this year. If a team had wanted him, they have had him already.
Yeah but now he would cost half the price. With a lot of teams struggling with cap problems he'd bring nice flexibility, I think somebody would grab him.

Old
11-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Yeah but now he would cost half the price. With a lot of teams struggling with cap problems he'd bring nice flexibility, I think somebody would grab him.
We can agree to disagree on that one then.

There is absolutely no market for Alex Henry in any scenario that involves him having to be in the NHL.

Also, this conversation is moot anyway as I seriously doubt he's even eligible for waivers.

Old
11-19-2010, 12:05 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Henry is exempt from recall waivers, everyone in Hamilton is.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:11 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
We can agree to disagree on that one then.

There is absolutely no market for Alex Henry in any scenario that involves him having to be in the NHL.

Also, this conversation is moot anyway as I seriously doubt he's even eligible for waivers.
So if there is no way anyone would claim him why don't we just send him up and down on an as needed basis?

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Henry is exempt from recall waivers, everyone in Hamilton is.
Why is that? Would his games played not make him have to go through?

Old
11-19-2010, 03:50 PM
ChoseLa

I like the stache and the long hair, gaves him a Kevin Klein look.

ChoseLa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I think picard has played okay as a bottom pairing guy, but he is useless on the PP. This is not just because of what we saw last night, its what I've seen all season

For that reason, I might think of putting weber into the lineup in favour of picard. Nobody will replace the vision of markov on the PP, so you might as well insert a big shot back there to force the pkers to respect the blue line a bit more. I understand that subban has a decent shot, but I think he isnt very effective at getting it off quickly. I know weber can.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote