HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2010, 09:10 AM
  #176
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
got a question for you king fans from the oilers board--we are beating ourselves up over there(as we often do) and we are trying to fix certain things. The Kings keep coming up for obvious reasons.

Here is the question

if the oilers put on the table either Hemsky and or Penner at the trade deadlines--would the kings be willing to send some of the d prospects(the guys either still in junior or on the farm) to the oilers. The Kings are dealing from a point of strength with the amount of d-men they have running around at different levels--what would it take to get either a Hickey or a Colten Teubert or a Derek Forbort(and no I am not asking for all 3--that would be silly) But to get two of them off of the kings and to the oilers--with the only untouchable players being Hall, Eberle and MPS(yes I know eberle is the first guy you would ask for)--All other players are in play.

What kind of deal would you guys want to pull the trigger

I'd take Hemsky, but Penner would probably be a better fit under Terry Murray's system. You can have Hickey and Teubert for all I care.

The poster above forgot Nicolas Deslauriers who IMO is going to be a great defenseman.

Mr Irreverent is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 09:51 AM
  #177
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,300
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think a Penner for D prospects makes the most sense. I wouldn't be too interested in Hemsky. If we could get Penner for picks and prospects, I would suspect Lombardi would jump at the chance.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 11:26 AM
  #178
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Penner over Hemsky? you guys is crazeee.

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 12:54 PM
  #179
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,924
vCash: 500
I just read an Oilers blog post where the writer said Hemsky is untouchable...Penner on the other hand has had his issues in Edm and is struggling this year, I would know, he's on my fantasy team.

Johnny Utah is online now  
Old
11-19-2010, 02:36 PM
  #180
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,271
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
Penner over Hemsky? you guys is crazeee.
This. You want some creativity and a set-up man for Kopi, Hemsky is your guy. Penner, imo, wouldn't bring anything to this team that Poni doesn't.

Brad Doty is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 02:52 PM
  #181
riseandfall9
Registered User
 
riseandfall9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
Penner over Hemsky? you guys is crazeee.
Yeah, No way. Hemsky would be awesome. Penner not so much.

Having Hemsky is like having another Kopitar on your team. I like Hemsky a lot. He is like Martin Havlat.

riseandfall9 is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 02:53 PM
  #182
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I just read an Oilers blog post where the writer said Hemsky is untouchable...Penner on the other hand has had his issues in Edm and is struggling this year, I would know, he's on my fantasy team.
that may be true, but as with everything else Oilers these days... clearly the wrong decision.

and quite frankly, they'd be better off getting rid of both them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
This. You want some creativity and a set-up man for Kopi, Hemsky is your guy. Penner, imo, wouldn't bring anything to this team that Poni doesn't.
well, he'd probably bring a little more offense than Ponikarovsky, but the league is never short on Penners, and you'll always be able to find one.

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 02:53 PM
  #183
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Penner is a LW. We need a LW. Hemsky is a RW.

Both have perfect contracts though. Both of their contracts are up after next season. And their cap hits are fairly low. D prospects and a high pick could probably do it.

Cook24 is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 02:56 PM
  #184
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Penner is a LW. We need a LW. Hemsky is a RW.
so.

the Kings need a top 6 winger, regardless of what side he plays,

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 03:08 PM
  #185
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
so.

the Kings need a top 6 winger, regardless of what side he plays,
They need a top line LW. Hemsky is a RW.

LW-???, Smyth
C-Kopi, Stoll
RW-Williams, Brown

Cook24 is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
  #186
Tadite
Registered User
 
Tadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,789
vCash: 500
Penner's production isn't the issue (guy got 30 goals on a horrific oilers team last year) it's the drama around him being signed as a offer sheet. That turned a good 3rd line power forward with offensive potential into a national name overnight. Puts additional pressure on the guy out of wake with his actual career reality.

I'd have no problem with trading for him 6'4 250 pound forwards who've been 30 goal scorers aren't exactly common. Worse case you end up with a heck of a 3rd liner....

Tadite is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
  #187
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
They need a top line LW. Hemsky is a RW.

LW-???, Smyth
C-Kopi, Stoll
RW-Williams, Brown
you didn't want to see Frolov come back, so make Brown do what he did in successfully enough in Manchester despite the fact that he doesn't like it... there's your left wing

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 03:19 PM
  #188
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
you didn't want to see Frolov come back, so make Brown do what he did in successfully enough in Manchester despite the fact that he doesn't like it... there's your left wing
So you think DL is going to trade for a RW, assuming Brown is going to get moved back to LW? And no, I didn't want Frolov back, and his performance in NY justifys my reasons.

I'm not saying it couldnt happen, I just think its very unlikely.


Last edited by Cook24: 11-19-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Cook24 is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
  #189
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
got a question for you king fans from the oilers board--we are beating ourselves up over there(as we often do) and we are trying to fix certain things. The Kings keep coming up for obvious reasons.

Here is the question

if the oilers put on the table either Hemsky and or Penner at the trade deadlines--would the kings be willing to send some of the d prospects(the guys either still in junior or on the farm) to the oilers. The Kings are dealing from a point of strength with the amount of d-men they have running around at different levels--what would it take to get either a Hickey or a Colten Teubert or a Derek Forbort(and no I am not asking for all 3--that would be silly) But to get two of them off of the kings and to the oilers--with the only untouchable players being Hall, Eberle and MPS(yes I know eberle is the first guy you would ask for)--All other players are in play.

What kind of deal would you guys want to pull the trigger
I think this question is more suited for Dean Lombardi rather than a bunch of fans on a message board.

tantrum4* is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 03:52 PM
  #190
Tadite
Registered User
 
Tadite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,789
vCash: 500
Thinking more about it. Hemsky isn't exactly the end all be all. Guys had some good years but I don't think he really lived up with the over-hype that comes with being a Oilers prospect. The idea that he's even in the same breath as a franchise player is I think a little ludicrous.

Thing is when Hemsky is your best player then you've got problems.... He isn't good enough to build a team around and if isn't going to bring in enough prospects via trade to rebuild. He's like a 70% version of Ziggy without the goal scoring talent.

Hemsky would increase our top-end speed but Penner works better with the new style of big is better.... I'd rather have more of a goal scorer on the 1st line then another passer.

Tadite is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 03:53 PM
  #191
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
So you think DL is going to trade for a RW, assuming Brown is going to get moved back to LW? And no, I didn't want Frolov back, and his performance in NY justifys my reasons.

I'm not saying it couldnt happen, I just think its very unlikely.
i think Dean would be stupid to look exclusively for a left winger.

Frolov has 10 points in 19 games and is a +2 on a team that is hovering around .500... his performance has been Frolov-like for the first month of the season. or are you still holding onto this whole "he needs to bring more offense" or whatever that Tortorella said a couple of weeks ago?

you just never liked him.

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
  #192
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Thinking more about it. Hemsky isn't exactly the end all be all. Guys had some good years but I don't think he really lived up with the over-hype that comes with being a Oilers prospect. The idea that he's even in the same breath as a franchise player is I think a little ludicrous.

Thing is when Hemsky is your best player then you've got problems.... He isn't good enough to build a team around and if isn't going to bring in enough prospects via trade to rebuild. He's like a 70% version of Ziggy without the goal scoring talent.

Hemsky would increase our top-end speed but Penner works better with the new style of big is better.... I'd rather have more of a goal scorer on the 1st line then another passer.
the Kings wouldn't be building around him.

and i'm really curious as to why everyone thinks Penner would fit the system better. considering Murray generally has the centers playing the F3 role up high, which in other terms can be considered the sniper role.

Kopitar needs to both show and use his shot more and both he and Brown would benefit more from a playmaker who can also score around 25 goals.

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
  #193
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
i think Dean would be stupid to look exclusively for a left winger.

Frolov has 10 points in 19 games and is a +2 on a team that is hovering around .500... his performance has been Frolov-like for the first month of the season. or are you still holding onto this whole "he needs to bring more offense" or whatever that Tortorella said a couple of weeks ago?

you just never liked him.
No, I never did like Frolov's style of play. Or his loafing around. And up until he played with Gaborik after he returned from injury the other day, he only had 6 points in 17 games. His one 4 point game playing with Gaborik, who is a top goal scorer in the league, is what brought his stats up, and the game was against EDMONTON, and even then, he's only on pace for what, 40 or so points?

The guy is KHL bound this summer.

Cook24 is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
  #194
wabwat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6,676
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
No, I never did like Frolov's style of play. Or his loafing around. And up until he played with Gaborik after he returned from injury the other day, he only had 6 points in 17 games. His one 4 point game playing with Gaborik, who is a top goal scorer in the league, is what brought his stats up, and the game was against EDMONTON, and even then, he's only on pace for what, 40 or so points?

The guy is KHL bound this summer.
the loafing bit is beyond played out and ridiculous, and you can't start framing your argument with this and that's else we start in on Kopitar and the top line's rousing performance (including your boy, Parse) against the Islanders.

Frolov had a spike game because he played with Gaborik, absolutely... he's a support player and it sure as hell beats having to "bring more offense" by supporting Stepan and Prust.

bottom line here is the Kings are short a top 6 winger and you're insisting it has to be a left winger, and they let Frolov walk for less than they're paying Ponikarovsky... who's also out for a while... and Frolov, like him or not, was a successful left wing presence able to play on 3 lines effectively.

they haven't addressed this need since they dealt Cammalleri, and Mike played on the Right side in Los Angeles, though seems to be fully functional on the left side.

wabwat is offline  
Old
11-19-2010, 06:29 PM
  #195
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,924
vCash: 500
Penner's value is low right now, Hemsky's is high because he is healthy and also as someone mentioned Hemsky is a RW.

Kings need a finisher, Penner is more of a finisher than Hemsky is. Hemsky has never scored more than 27 goals. Penner has scored 29 and 32 in Anaheim and Edmonton.

Johnny Utah is online now  
Old
11-20-2010, 12:23 AM
  #196
guderian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Penner=Pony with some scoring, can't see him as good fit for first line with Kopi and Brown, Hemsky can bring some playmaking skills to that line and we keep 2nd line as it is

with Penner maybe:
Penner-Kopi-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown

guderian is offline  
Old
11-20-2010, 12:26 AM
  #197
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Killer B's
Kings
Why not?

etherialone is offline  
Old
11-20-2010, 12:27 AM
  #198
Cook24
Registered User
 
Cook24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Ekky-Poo tweeted this earlier...

http://twitter.com/eklund

"Look to the Kings and the Bruins. Could be announced Saturday."

Lol. Does he know they are playing eachother? And if this Poo wasn't poo, likely culprits would be Sturm(hurt) or Wheeler involved. But it's eklund and he's never right.

Imagine if DL plucked Lucic away......Yea right....

Cook24 is offline  
Old
11-20-2010, 12:29 AM
  #199
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Game day deals have happened before. I posted this awhile ago but Dean Kennedy was dealt (literally across the fab forum dressing room) pre game back in the day and played moments later.

Me, I would wait until after the game but thats just me.

etherialone is offline  
Old
11-20-2010, 12:32 AM
  #200
JBernierFan
Drink up!
 
JBernierFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,788
vCash: 500
If it helps our first line and we don't give up a ton, I'm all for a trade.

As Tonellisaghost said, teams have traded right before a game before, where the players switch locker rooms right before the game. Weird, but could happen.

JBernierFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.