HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2010, 09:10 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
got a question for you king fans from the oilers board--we are beating ourselves up over there(as we often do) and we are trying to fix certain things. The Kings keep coming up for obvious reasons.

Here is the question

if the oilers put on the table either Hemsky and or Penner at the trade deadlines--would the kings be willing to send some of the d prospects(the guys either still in junior or on the farm) to the oilers. The Kings are dealing from a point of strength with the amount of d-men they have running around at different levels--what would it take to get either a Hickey or a Colten Teubert or a Derek Forbort(and no I am not asking for all 3--that would be silly) But to get two of them off of the kings and to the oilers--with the only untouchable players being Hall, Eberle and MPS(yes I know eberle is the first guy you would ask for)--All other players are in play.

What kind of deal would you guys want to pull the trigger

I'd take Hemsky, but Penner would probably be a better fit under Terry Murray's system. You can have Hickey and Teubert for all I care.

The poster above forgot Nicolas Deslauriers who IMO is going to be a great defenseman.

Old
11-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think a Penner for D prospects makes the most sense. I wouldn't be too interested in Hemsky. If we could get Penner for picks and prospects, I would suspect Lombardi would jump at the chance.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
11-19-2010, 11:26 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Penner over Hemsky? you guys is crazeee.

Old
11-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Johnny Utah

I just read an Oilers blog post where the writer said Hemsky is untouchable...Penner on the other hand has had his issues in Edm and is struggling this year, I would know, he's on my fantasy team.

Old
11-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
This. You want some creativity and a set-up man for Kopi, Hemsky is your guy. Penner, imo, wouldn't bring anything to this team that Poni doesn't.

Old
11-19-2010, 02:52 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Yeah, No way. Hemsky would be awesome. Penner not so much.

Having Hemsky is like having another Kopitar on your team. I like Hemsky a lot. He is like Martin Havlat.

Old
11-19-2010, 02:53 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I just read an Oilers blog post where the writer said Hemsky is untouchable...Penner on the other hand has had his issues in Edm and is struggling this year, I would know, he's on my fantasy team.
that may be true, but as with everything else Oilers these days... clearly the wrong decision.

and quite frankly, they'd be better off getting rid of both them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
This. You want some creativity and a set-up man for Kopi, Hemsky is your guy. Penner, imo, wouldn't bring anything to this team that Poni doesn't.
well, he'd probably bring a little more offense than Ponikarovsky, but the league is never short on Penners, and you'll always be able to find one.

Old
11-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Penner is a LW. We need a LW. Hemsky is a RW.

Both have perfect contracts though. Both of their contracts are up after next season. And their cap hits are fairly low. D prospects and a high pick could probably do it.

Old
11-19-2010, 02:56 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Penner is a LW. We need a LW. Hemsky is a RW.
so.

the Kings need a top 6 winger, regardless of what side he plays,

Old
11-19-2010, 03:08 PM
Cook24

Quote:
so.

the Kings need a top 6 winger, regardless of what side he plays,
They need a top line LW. Hemsky is a RW.

LW-???, Smyth
C-Kopi, Stoll
RW-Williams, Brown

Old
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Tadite

Penner's production isn't the issue (guy got 30 goals on a horrific oilers team last year) it's the drama around him being signed as a offer sheet. That turned a good 3rd line power forward with offensive potential into a national name overnight. Puts additional pressure on the guy out of wake with his actual career reality.

I'd have no problem with trading for him 6'4 250 pound forwards who've been 30 goal scorers aren't exactly common. Worse case you end up with a heck of a 3rd liner....

Old
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
wabwat

Quote:
They need a top line LW. Hemsky is a RW.

LW-???, Smyth
C-Kopi, Stoll
RW-Williams, Brown
you didn't want to see Frolov come back, so make Brown do what he did in successfully enough in Manchester despite the fact that he doesn't like it... there's your left wing

Old
11-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Cook24

Quote:
you didn't want to see Frolov come back, so make Brown do what he did in successfully enough in Manchester despite the fact that he doesn't like it... there's your left wing
So you think DL is going to trade for a RW, assuming Brown is going to get moved back to LW? And no, I didn't want Frolov back, and his performance in NY justifys my reasons.

I'm not saying it couldnt happen, I just think its very unlikely.

Last edited by Cook24: 11-19-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old
11-19-2010, 03:27 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
got a question for you king fans from the oilers board--we are beating ourselves up over there(as we often do) and we are trying to fix certain things. The Kings keep coming up for obvious reasons.

Here is the question

if the oilers put on the table either Hemsky and or Penner at the trade deadlines--would the kings be willing to send some of the d prospects(the guys either still in junior or on the farm) to the oilers. The Kings are dealing from a point of strength with the amount of d-men they have running around at different levels--what would it take to get either a Hickey or a Colten Teubert or a Derek Forbort(and no I am not asking for all 3--that would be silly) But to get two of them off of the kings and to the oilers--with the only untouchable players being Hall, Eberle and MPS(yes I know eberle is the first guy you would ask for)--All other players are in play.

What kind of deal would you guys want to pull the trigger
I think this question is more suited for Dean Lombardi rather than a bunch of fans on a message board.

Old
11-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Tadite

Thinking more about it. Hemsky isn't exactly the end all be all. Guys had some good years but I don't think he really lived up with the over-hype that comes with being a Oilers prospect. The idea that he's even in the same breath as a franchise player is I think a little ludicrous.

Thing is when Hemsky is your best player then you've got problems.... He isn't good enough to build a team around and if isn't going to bring in enough prospects via trade to rebuild. He's like a 70% version of Ziggy without the goal scoring talent.

Hemsky would increase our top-end speed but Penner works better with the new style of big is better.... I'd rather have more of a goal scorer on the 1st line then another passer.

Old
11-19-2010, 03:53 PM
wabwat

Quote:
So you think DL is going to trade for a RW, assuming Brown is going to get moved back to LW? And no, I didn't want Frolov back, and his performance in NY justifys my reasons.

I'm not saying it couldnt happen, I just think its very unlikely.
i think Dean would be stupid to look exclusively for a left winger.

Frolov has 10 points in 19 games and is a +2 on a team that is hovering around .500... his performance has been Frolov-like for the first month of the season. or are you still holding onto this whole "he needs to bring more offense" or whatever that Tortorella said a couple of weeks ago?

you just never liked him.

Old
11-19-2010, 03:56 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Thinking more about it. Hemsky isn't exactly the end all be all. Guys had some good years but I don't think he really lived up with the over-hype that comes with being a Oilers prospect. The idea that he's even in the same breath as a franchise player is I think a little ludicrous.

Thing is when Hemsky is your best player then you've got problems.... He isn't good enough to build a team around and if isn't going to bring in enough prospects via trade to rebuild. He's like a 70% version of Ziggy without the goal scoring talent.

Hemsky would increase our top-end speed but Penner works better with the new style of big is better.... I'd rather have more of a goal scorer on the 1st line then another passer.
the Kings wouldn't be building around him.

and i'm really curious as to why everyone thinks Penner would fit the system better. considering Murray generally has the centers playing the F3 role up high, which in other terms can be considered the sniper role.

Kopitar needs to both show and use his shot more and both he and Brown would benefit more from a playmaker who can also score around 25 goals.

Old
11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Cook24

Quote:
i think Dean would be stupid to look exclusively for a left winger.

Frolov has 10 points in 19 games and is a +2 on a team that is hovering around .500... his performance has been Frolov-like for the first month of the season. or are you still holding onto this whole "he needs to bring more offense" or whatever that Tortorella said a couple of weeks ago?

you just never liked him.
No, I never did like Frolov's style of play. Or his loafing around. And up until he played with Gaborik after he returned from injury the other day, he only had 6 points in 17 games. His one 4 point game playing with Gaborik, who is a top goal scorer in the league, is what brought his stats up, and the game was against EDMONTON, and even then, he's only on pace for what, 40 or so points?

The guy is KHL bound this summer.

Old
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
wabwat

Quote:
No, I never did like Frolov's style of play. Or his loafing around. And up until he played with Gaborik after he returned from injury the other day, he only had 6 points in 17 games. His one 4 point game playing with Gaborik, who is a top goal scorer in the league, is what brought his stats up, and the game was against EDMONTON, and even then, he's only on pace for what, 40 or so points?

The guy is KHL bound this summer.
the loafing bit is beyond played out and ridiculous, and you can't start framing your argument with this and that's else we start in on Kopitar and the top line's rousing performance (including your boy, Parse) against the Islanders.

Frolov had a spike game because he played with Gaborik, absolutely... he's a support player and it sure as hell beats having to "bring more offense" by supporting Stepan and Prust.

bottom line here is the Kings are short a top 6 winger and you're insisting it has to be a left winger, and they let Frolov walk for less than they're paying Ponikarovsky... who's also out for a while... and Frolov, like him or not, was a successful left wing presence able to play on 3 lines effectively.

they haven't addressed this need since they dealt Cammalleri, and Mike played on the Right side in Los Angeles, though seems to be fully functional on the left side.

Old
11-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Johnny Utah

Penner's value is low right now, Hemsky's is high because he is healthy and also as someone mentioned Hemsky is a RW.

Kings need a finisher, Penner is more of a finisher than Hemsky is. Hemsky has never scored more than 27 goals. Penner has scored 29 and 32 in Anaheim and Edmonton.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:23 AM
guderian

Penner=Pony with some scoring, can't see him as good fit for first line with Kopi and Brown, Hemsky can bring some playmaking skills to that line and we keep 2nd line as it is

with Penner maybe:
Penner-Kopi-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown

Old
11-20-2010, 12:26 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Killer B's
Kings
Why not?

Old
11-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Cook24

Ekky-Poo tweeted this earlier...

http://twitter.com/eklund

"Look to the Kings and the Bruins. Could be announced Saturday."

Lol. Does he know they are playing eachother? And if this Poo wasn't poo, likely culprits would be Sturm(hurt) or Wheeler involved. But it's eklund and he's never right.

Imagine if DL plucked Lucic away......Yea right....

Old
11-20-2010, 12:29 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Game day deals have happened before. I posted this awhile ago but Dean Kennedy was dealt (literally across the fab forum dressing room) pre game back in the day and played moments later.

Me, I would wait until after the game but thats just me.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:32 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

If it helps our first line and we don't give up a ton, I'm all for a trade.

As Tonellisaghost said, teams have traded right before a game before, where the players switch locker rooms right before the game. Weird, but could happen.

Closed Thread