HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dead line trade NYI Dwayne Roloson to Philly.

Old
11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just don't want to give up anything but garbage for Roloson at this point. If they'd take Leighton off of us, that would be great (Roloson expires this year, whereas Leighton is signed through next year); Walker, too.
However, I'm fine with Bob/Leighton splitting time in the regular season (they need to tone down his workload) with Bob getting the nod in the playoffs... even if he's come back down to earth, I would like him to get the experience.
I think they would have to. Hopefully Snow would not mind Leighton as DPs back up next year, we add Bart and a pick. Waive Boucher.

Add Roloson with low cap hit without changing our team a whole lot, who knows maybe adding some scoring depth like 15-20 goal scorer on RW with some size would be nice too. Maybe Erik Cole type player if we are lucky or someone else I am sure some forward will be injured or not 100% so Flyers will need depth.

Not the most outrageous idea.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 11-19-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 11:31 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
When did I say that he is wrong? All I asked was: Is that what I want? On a idiotic question: Do I want to trade a roster player? lol.. The whole point of this thread is to fin dout what other people want and if they want him at all.. I do not need to get attacked. Do not like the thread get the **** out.

Obviously I think Rollie still got it and he can do the job, I like him and he should cost a lot less then some others upcoming UFA goalies.

Are you for real? How is anything my fault? lol
You asked what Rollie is worth, he responded that he isn't worth a roster player because he'd hardly play any games, and you jumped down his throat. Did Bobrovsky piss in your Corn Flakes today?

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:10 PM

vCash: 50
Send Backlund/Boosh+ to NYR for Biron. He's got play-off experience and would be a good head for Bob to be around.

I'd like to see what Biron could do with our defense in front of him.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Garbage Goal

Roloson is getting seriously underrated in this topic. He's a starter and he's put up some nice save percentages the last few years considering the teams he's played behind. He doesn't have any long-term value, sure, but don't trash his current play or call him "over-the-hill".

Anyways, yeah, only way I would be fine with trading for him is if Leighton went the other way and we didn't have to give up anything of value. We should have traded for him last year (might have won the Cup that way), but it makes no sense this year unless he comes to us practically for free.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:46 PM
BernieParent

If I could suggest, a "what if" context might make this thread more universally appealing. As in what if:
  • Leighton goes back on LTIR.
  • Boucher puts up mediocre numbers.

I'm leaving out Bobrovsky because, even if he bounces back from these past couple of games and shows he can go for the long haul, I would want a dependable back-up to shoulder some of the load in the stretch run. If Bobrovsky starts to fizzle, then this issue becomes even more acute.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 01:53 PM
captainpaxil

we dont even pay our starter what d- roll makes. wed be tripling the amount of payroll alotted to our backup goalie. i just dont see us acquiring him unless its at least cap neutral. something like leighton shelly and bart.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:04 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
we dont even pay our starter what d- roll makes. wed be tripling the amount of payroll alotted to our backup goalie. i just dont see us acquiring him unless its at least cap neutral. something like leighton shelly and bart.
Captain Paxil, thank goodness you arrived in this thread in the nick of time! As you can plainly see, we are in desperate need of your mood-altering superpowers. Can you turn these and into . Are you up to the task?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 04:04 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
If I could suggest, a "what if" context might make this thread more universally appealing. As in what if:
  • Leighton goes back on LTIR.
  • Boucher puts up mediocre numbers.

I'm leaving out Bobrovsky because, even if he bounces back from these past couple of games and shows he can go for the long haul, I would want a dependable back-up to shoulder some of the load in the stretch run. If Bobrovsky starts to fizzle, then this issue becomes even more acute.
Even then we'd probably have to jump through some hoops to fit him under the cap. I don't have many names off the top of my head, but I would think Holmgren would target someone cheaper if that's the case. Maybe someone like Ty Conklin? He's apparently the backup that contenders like to trade for.

Old
11-19-2010, 04:21 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
I've always loved Roloson and would want him if we could fit him under the cap. At the deadline his salary would be lower and easier to fit. If we do a deal that sends Walker and Leighton I'd be ecstatic. The islanders actually do need Defensive help so that could be done in theory. Roloson would be a lot better as a back up than Leighton or Boosh right now. He's also played well in the playoffs before.

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 05:20 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
I've always loved Roloson and would want him if we could fit him under the cap. At the deadline his salary would be lower and easier to fit. If we do a deal that sends Walker and Leighton I'd be ecstatic. The islanders actually do need Defensive help so that could be done in theory. Roloson would be a lot better as a back up than Leighton or Boosh right now. He's also played well in the playoffs before.
Not true, given that we've been riding on LTIR all season.