HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/20/2010 || Toronto Maple Leafs @ Montreal Canadiens || 7:00 PM (CBC, RDS, NHLN-US)

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I hate playing seven defenseman, but I want to see Weber play. Oh wellz. Go Habs!
I'm also not convinced Darche is the least of our forwards. But then, hmm, come to think of it I don't know who actually is. Pyatt more likely.

Well, I'd rather see this experiment rolled out now, against the Leafs, than maybe in some other matches.

One thing I like about the 7th PP D is that it helps us keep the icetime/fatigue factor in check for Hamrlik and Spacek. Or at least, potentially it could. But since both those guys might be looking at PP time with Markov out, then shaving the 2-5 mins of icetime per game back and giving some chunk of it to Weber could help on that front.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I'm also not convinced Darche is the least of our forwards. But then, hmm, come to think of it I don't know who actually is. Pyatt more likely.

Well, I'd rather see this experiment rolled out now, against the Leafs, than maybe in some other matches.

One thing I like about the 7th PP D is that it helps us keep the icetime/fatigue factor in check for Hamrlik and Spacek. Or at least, potentially it could. But since both those guys might be looking at PP time with Markov out, then shaving the 2-5 mins of icetime per game back and giving some chunk of it to Weber could help on that front.
I'm sure it's also a test to see where Weber is in his development. Martin doesn't have any reason to replace any defenseman right now, but he can't just leave Weber on the bench, he needs to where Weber is in terms of his potential which will not be determined with him sitting out. Having him play as 7th D against the Leafs is a perfect opportunity to see how far Weber has come along. Like you said he'll probably be given a few shifts to let other D-men rest and a few PP shifts. Martin will probably evaluate his play. While I hate when we have 7 d-men in the lineup, I want to see where Weber is at this point in his career and I'm sure the team wants to as well, but right now I don't see any D being ables to be pushed out.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:09 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
It helps if you read the post before inserting a generic response.

I never suggested any such thing.
Heh, I know. But Martin has no incentive in breaking up his pairings. C'est tout.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
YESS man we need Weber bad for the PP. I would have sat Pyatt is he the coach's son or something ?

Old
11-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Does this mean that Eller's gonna play with Pouliot and Halpern while Weber chills on the 4th line with Pyatt and Moen?

Old
11-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
YESS man we need Weber bad for the PP. I would have sat Pyatt is he the coach's son or something ?
Even though I agree Pyatt could have been sat instead of Darche, he's serviceable defensively.
How can Martin DESTROY our Ph.D. line ? ³

Old
11-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 50
Gotta love beating on Komisarek, that traitor.

Go Habs Go!!!

Old
11-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Heh, I know. But Martin has no incentive in breaking up his pairings. C'est tout.
Fair enough, but then I see no reason to recall Weber in the first place, let alone trying to shoe horn him into the line-up.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:46 PM
la25ecoupe

why is JM inserting Weber? its not like we'll get any PP tonight..

Old
11-20-2010, 12:47 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Fair enough, but then I see no reason to recall Weber in the first place, let alone trying to shoe horn him into the line-up.
Maybe Martin wants an option for the 2nd PP wave, or they want to evaluate him. If he impresses enough Picard would be the odd-man out while giving the team the comfort of having 7 d-men.

Old
11-20-2010, 12:48 PM
MarkovsKnee

Habs I/O is reporting Weber is going to line up with Pouliot and Halpern. I sure as hell hope that is not true! I don't mind us playing 7-D, 11 forwards, but I don't want to see Weber as a forward.

That also gives us essentially 2 specialty players in the line-up: Pyatt for the P.K., and Weber for the P.P. I'm actually ok with this since we really need the PP help. And, Pyatt is a great p.ker.

But, if that's the case then the forward units should be:

Cammy-Pleks-Gionta
Eller - Gomez - AK
Moen - Halpern - Pouliot
Pyatt - - Lappierre

For gawd's sake, give us a 2nd line JM!!! Ak and Eller have actually looked good together the few times they've been on the ice.

Keep Weber as a D.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Habs GOOOOOOOOOOO!

Old
11-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Habs I/O is reporting Weber is going to line up with Pouliot and Halpern. I sure as hell hope that is not true! I don't mind us playing 7-D, 11 forwards, but I don't want to see Weber as a forward.

That also gives us essentially 2 specialty players in the line-up: Pyatt for the P.K., and Weber for the P.P. I'm actually ok with this since we really need the PP help. And, Pyatt is a great p.ker.

But, if that's the case then the forward units should be:

Cammy-Pleks-Gionta
Eller - Gomez - AK
Moen - Halpern - Pouliot
Pyatt - - Lappierre

For gawd's sake, give us a 2nd line JM!!! Ak and Eller have actually looked good together the few times they've been on the ice.

Keep Weber as a D.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Habs GOOOOOOOOOOO!
I still think Eller should be placed at center with Gomez and Andrei on the wings. I am really curious as to how that would work.

Old
11-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Maybe Martin wants an option for the 2nd PP wave, or they want to evaluate him. If he impresses enough Picard would be the odd-man out while giving the team the comfort of having 7 d-men.
True, likely right in fact, but they're not going to know unless they play him as a defender.

Old
11-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I'm ****ing tired to always see a d-man play at forward!

Old
11-20-2010, 01:16 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I'm ****ing tired to always see a d-man play at forward!
LOL, first time this year.

Old
11-20-2010, 01:25 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I sincerely hope for him he starts giving us more than PK time. I just think he fits the description of the team ... fast, defensively responsible...add to that PK abilities and you just know martin is going to love that... but like you said he's far from being the so called untouchable player he is made out to be here sometimes. He's young, and that's fine he's going to get better... but the fact remains I am highly annoyed to see that he's the one getting thrown on the top 6 when we're missing a player or when we need to shake things up ...

Old
11-20-2010, 01:32 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

While Weber may suck defensively as a D, he should be good in that regard as a F.

I'd roll with 3 scoring type lines, and 1 defensive line.

Cammy-Pleks-Gionta
Moen-Gomez-Pyatt
AK-Eller-Pouliot
Weber-Halpern-Lapierre

Old
11-20-2010, 01:35 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

nice gdt looked like u put alot of work into this

Old
11-20-2010, 01:35 PM
PaulQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Does this mean that Eller's gonna play with Pouliot and Halpern while Weber chills on the 4th line with Pyatt and Moen?
You are not very good at reading Martin's mind... Weber will ofcourse play with Pouliot and halpern... We are going with two 4th lines tonight!!

Question: Will Pouliot ever play on the second line this year?

Old
11-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
While Weber may suck defensively as a D, he should be good in that regard as a F.

I'd roll with 3 scoring type lines, and 1 defensive line.

Cammy-Pleks-Gionta
Moen-Gomez-Pyatt
AK-Eller-Pouliot
Weber-Halpern-Lapierre
Weber is a D.

Long term, he'll either play D or get sent back. I cannot imagine them burning a year of his development as a forward.

I'd like to see him paired with Spacek as a 3rd pair that gets a good 15-18 minutes a game and see how he does. Spacek has been good when getting limited minutes and would benefit from going back to the left, which he'd have to do with Weber.

Gill, Gorges, Hamrlik, and Subban would make up the other pairs.

I like Picard, he's done well, but if Weber is going to be in the NHL, I think long term, he needs to play his position or be sent back and that would make Picard the odd man out.

If we just need an "in case of injury" guy, they should call up Henry.

Old
11-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Not that excited for this game after that last one...

Pouliot?
Lapierre?

I mean do these young guys want to play in this league or what?

Show some fire for ***** sake!

ps. Amazing GDT!

Old
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
You are not very good at reading Martin's mind... Weber will ofcourse play with Pouliot and halpern... We are going with two 4th lines tonight!!

Question: Will Pouliot ever play on the second line this year?

That is how Pouliot see's playing with Gomez ...

Old
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Man I love Jacques Martin but some times I don't get it. After breaking the ATM line, now its time to do the same thing with the PHD line?!? In other words, the two lines that brought us where we are today are not together

Edit : "Weber évoluera sur le troisième trio et sera également utilisé à la pointe en avantage numérique." That means Weber will play on the 3rd! Why not put him with Gomez and Kostitsyn

Old
11-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Ross MacLochness

These Leaf games are starting to become a huge nuisance. No matter how hilariously bad that franchise is, it's still a complete toss up when we play and we never seem to beat them in regulation.

Lapierre is not a second liner in any league and it's getting pretty frustrating watching him out there with Gomez and Kostitsyn. Hopefully Martin isn't afraid the change things up if the first period goes bad.

Old
11-20-2010, 01:43 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I'm also not convinced Darche is the least of our forwards. But then, hmm, come to think of it I don't know who actually is. Pyatt more likely. Well, I'd rather see this experiment rolled out now, against the Leafs, than maybe in some other matches.

I don't see how darche could be regarded as a possible healthy scratch. when it comes down to players in the bottom 6, I think chemistry has to count. I honestly prefer darche to Pyatt for many reasons ... if only for leadership and scoring abilities... but someone could make a case for pyatt as well. In the end, darche found chemistry and plays well with pouilot and halpern ...and that alone justifies his place in the lineup, imho.

great point with the 7th D and the icetime redistribution ...

Closed Thread