HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1-on-1 with Mike Richards (Interview)

Old
11-20-2010, 11:22 AM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
By now you should realize that the drama with the Montreal fans on this board had nothing to do with Richards. It was really more of, "How dare someone say something bad or hurtful to our great 21-year-old future top pairing defenseman?"

If I had heard about Richards being called out by Elias when Richards was a rookie, I would've thought nothing much of it. In fact, I would've probably thought it was good for Richards in the long run. I mean, he certainly took that criticism well, and he remains one of the fiercest competitors in hockey all while remaining very respectful of his peers.

In the end, it was Montreal fans in fear that there might be a shred of truth to what Richards said that caused them to lash out like they did. They shouldn't have been afraid of it to begin with. Subban will mature with age, but for now, he really does need to realize that hockey is bigger than him and there are players better than him and respect is something that comes from action not chirping.
Ya, the only difference being that Elias spoke to Richards personally and any reaction you conveniently claim you would have is all hearsay.

What would happen if Jeter from the Yankees called out X rookie on the phillies, or if Tom Brady called out X rookie player on the Eagles... The same exact reaction would occur as the one in Montreal.

Calling out a high profile rookie to the media, whether volunteered or asked, is certainly going to to stir a reaction in a market where that sport is followed and supported with such a high degree of passion and intensity, where it is the "main show" in town or the uncontested number 1 sport...

You make it sound like the reaction comes as a surprise and you're trying to defend his comments by making it look like Montreal fans are hyper-sensitive and insecure... The reality is that you are clearly defensive of Mike Richards and are looking to redirect that defensive mechanism of yours, all while ignoring the realities that is Montreal (Hockey Mecca, whether you like to accept that or not).

Don't blame the media and certainly don't blame the fans for Mike Richards actions... unless of course you are going to start pointing the blame on the situation on the fact that Montreal is overly passionate about hockey (which would be about as ridiculous as your bias).

If Mike Richards had a message for PK Subban he could have told him on the ice, and he most certainly could of kept it on the ice.

Last edited by coolasprICE: 11-20-2010 at 11:27 AM.
coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Ya, the only difference being that Elias spoke to Richards personally and any reaction you conveniently claim you would have is all hearsay.

What would happen if Jeter from the Yankees called out X rookie on the phillies, or if Tom Brady called out X rookie player on the Eagles... The same exact reaction would occur as the one in Montreal.

If Mike Richards had a message for PK Subban he could have told him on the ice[/B], and he most certainly could of kept it on the ice.
I don't think you understand what hearsay is. What Chris said was hypothetical, but it wasn't hearsay. It would take a pretty exceptional set of circumstances for someones comments on their own actions to be hearsay (amnesia, maybe).

If Jeter called out a rookie on the Phillies one of two things would most likely happen. About half of us would be like "**** Derek Jeter" and the other half of us would say "If Jeter doesn't like our swagger he can suck it". We might discuss amongst ourselves whether or not Jeter had a valid point (but only after telling everyone else that he should piss off). We probably wouldn't get all emo about it though.

Finally, Mike Richards did tell Subban a lot of things to his face during that game. If you can go by his comments regarding what he thinks of Richards after the game, he will at least consider some of what Richards had to say. He will probably chill out a bit, if not he'll get tuned up sooner or later, no big deal.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 11:53 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
I don't think you understand what hearsay is. What Chris said was hypothetical, but it wasn't hearsay. It would take a pretty exceptional set of circumstances for someones comments on their own actions to be hearsay (amnesia, maybe).
" Hearsay is information gathered by one person from another concerning some event, condition, or thing of which the first person had no direct experience. "

Perhaps I am misusing the term but to my knowledge the above statement applies, or at least I think it does... But you're right, hypothetical is probably the word I'm looking for. But let's focus on hockey here, English after-all is my 3rd language.

Quote:

If Jeter called out a rookie on the Phillies one of two things would most likely happen. About half of us would be like "**** Derek Jeter" and the other half of us would say "If Jeter doesn't like our swagger he can suck it". We might discuss amongst ourselves whether or not Jeter had a valid point (but only after telling everyone else that he should piss off). We probably wouldn't get all emo about it though.

Ya, that's all fine and dandy but I don't buy a minute of that. If such an example were to arise, there would be a media storm, it be on every sport radio talk show, fans would be talking smack, you know it, i know it.

" we might discuss amongst ourselves" Give me a break, dude! What, over some tea and biscuits? Jokes aside, Philly is a passionate sport town and I don't believe I need to explain myself whatsoever as it's a given.

Quote:
Finally, Mike Richards did tell Subban a lot of things to his face during that game. If you can go by his comments regarding what he thinks of Richards after the game, he will at least consider some of what Richards had to say. He will probably chill out a bit, if not he'll get tuned up sooner or later, no big deal.
PK is not going to change his game, not one ounce of his game will be affected by what Richards said. He's going to play his game, his way.

Countless teammates have come to defense of PK and all have said the same thing " Don't change anything ".

I think PK is going to listen to guys like Hal Gill or Jeff Halpern, players who have been around and have lots of more mileage (and cup rings) than Richards (who as great as a player he is, has had more incidences of improper conduct than the chirpy PK, Gill or Halpern have had combined).

Old
11-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
Ya, that's all fine and dandy but I don't buy a minute of that. If such an example were to arise, there would be a media storm, it be on every sport radio talk show, fans would be talking smack, you know it, i know it.
Sports media will make a mountain out of a molehill in every city. That certainly isn't something exclusive to Montreal, you're definitely right about that.

Quote:
" we might discuss amongst ourselves" Give me a break, dude! What, over some tea and biscuits? Jokes aside, Philly is a passionate sport town and I don't believe I need to explain myself whatsoever as it's a given.
No, not tea and biscuits. Beer and cheese steaks. My point was that we certainly wouldn't be on Montreal's board campaigning about our guy's innocence, when we all know he's somewhat douchey. Why do you even give a ****, honestly?

Quote:
PK is not going to change his game, not one ounce of his game will be affected by what Richards said. He's going to play his game, his way.

Countless teammates have come to defense of PK and all have said the same thing " Don't change anything ".

I think PK is going to listen to guys like Hal Gill or Jeff Halpern, players who have been around and have lots of more mileage (and cup rings) than Richards (who as great as a player he is, has had more incidences of improper conduct than the chirpy PK, Gill or Halpern have had combined).
It's good to know that you speak for PK Subban and can definitively say how this will affect his attitude. I guess that's that.

Oh, the "cup rings" jab, nice. Congrats, your role players were able to ride someone's coat tails for a season before they got to Montreal. Cool.

PK has been in the league for about as long as it takes me to fart, so of course he has less history than Richards. Also, what specifically in Richie's history are you alluding to?

Old
11-20-2010, 01:02 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
You make it sound like the reaction comes as a surprise and you're trying to defend his comments by making it look like Montreal fans are hyper-sensitive and insecure...
You mentioned that the same thing would happen in Philadelphia if something was said about the Eagles or Phillies. It probably would. The Daily News would print headlines and people would be arguing about it all over the region.

There are a lot of hyper-sensitive and insecure people in every city rooting for every team regardless of sport. There are even some on the Flyers' board, though I rarely see them.

The truth is, that most Flyers fans will probably discuss it in here and argue amongst ourselves over what the truth is and what should've happened.

Montreal fans however started multiple troll threads since the incident. That is a fact.

Why? Because they felt Richards was an evil, classless man or because they were hyper-sensitive and insecure about P.K. Subban?

Montreal fans have been whining that Richards was "whining" for days since the game. You don't see some weird hypocrisy there since all Richards did was answer some questions truthfully, and didn't even whine or complain as Montreal seems to be suggesting?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Terence Peterman

Hell hath no fury like Habs fan's scorn.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:03 PM
SgtJoseph

I think what many Ritchie haters are not honestly asking themselves is what all did Subban say to Ritchie during the game ? Trash talking goes 2 ways in most situations. Subban is a fine young player and he has a bright future etc, but i do not think he is above talking trash out there on the ice.
Most every one that hates Ritchie would love to have him as their teams captain. What i admire about Ritchie is that even though he is not that big and not the best fighter, he will stand up for himself and his team mates when the need arises.He is the epitome of a leader in my opinion, as are some other captains in this league.
Seems so many people still look at the Flyers as the Broad Street Bullies, and nothing could be further from the truth actually.The Broad Street Bullies were a one of a kind event that will never be duplicated.

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:07 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
Hell hath no fury like Habs fan's scorn.
You got that right ! They went ballistic over on their board, but they do have quite a few fans that can see through the nonsense and not let their emotions take them over the cliff.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:18 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Sports media will make a mountain out of a molehill in every city. That certainly isn't something exclusive to Montreal, you're definitely right about that.
And guess what, Fans fall victim to that in every city too. People are people, hate to break it to ya. Reactions will be the same. Language may be different, but as someone who understands both, it all translate into the same shtick.

Some of the french fans and media are harsher on french speaking players, and they ***** about not enough local guys on the team. And even that's not THAT much of a foreign reality if you think about it.

So really, it's all the same, by and large the same, fans and media...

so appointing guilt on another fan base and pleaing innocence on ones own is also a very commonly committed bias.

Quote:

No, not tea and biscuits. Beer and cheese steaks. My point was that we certainly wouldn't be on Montreal's board campaigning about our guy's innocence, when we all know he's somewhat douchey. Why do you even give a ****, honestly?
Why do I give a ****? Why do YOU give a ****? I don't get your question.

PK is probably the best young player we've gotten in god knows how long - you can say that this song has been sung before in Montreal but it really hasn't, not in a long time.... With maybe the exception being Carey Price -- who btw is off to a great career so far. Non-goalie position, he's been the best we've had. We also feel that there is nothing wrong with his game and that he shouldn't change it..

We feel exactly like how his teammates feel -- " DO NOT CHANGE A THING ".

Again, this is a message not only by his teammates but by fans too.

What Mike Richards is doing, is calling out a player, that the fans and teammates and a very large portion of all hockey analysts feel he has no reason to.

Quote:

It's good to know that you speak for PK Subban and can definitively say how this will affect his attitude. I guess that's that.
Basing it on his comments, and general personality,character and upbringing (which has been highly publicized on youtube), than what other conclusion am I supposed to have?

Quote:
Oh, the "cup rings" jab, nice. Congrats, your role players were able to ride someone's coat tails for a season before they got to Montreal. Cool.
If you want to go down that debate, why don't you be more specific and give me some examples of players on our team that have rings with their supposed marginal contributions.

Quote:

PK has been in the league for about as long as it takes me to fart, so of course he has less history than Richards. Also, what specifically in Richie's history are you alluding to?
PK has played 3 playoff rounds, and has played 20 games already. I don't know what you're eating but if you can fart that long youtube it or did not happen.

As for "Richies" history, are you suggesting it's conflict and controversy free, or something? He's a character player who gets involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
There are a lot of hyper-sensitive and insecure people in every city rooting for every team regardless of sport. There are even some on the Flyers' board, though I rarely see them.

The truth is, that most Flyers fans will probably discuss it in here and argue amongst ourselves over what the truth is and what should've happened.

Montreal fans however started multiple troll threads since the incident. That is a fact.
Right, because Flyer fans don't ***** about Crosby " Cry Baby " and his whines EVER... they simply discuss it amongst themselves, and keep any emotionally strung comments away from the discussion, isn't that right?

You, know, we all have our own bias and perhaps you are correct in the sense , but you are completely off base in your reasoning. Part of the reason, is because you are analyzing the situation blinded your own bias (example; re:crosby) which is assuming that your own fan base is guilt free.

The truth is, various hockey personalities and analysts have agreed and disagreed on both sides of the issues; yet you are painting the picture that the indisputable responsibility of blame is on the Habs side and that the reasoning of it is the uncontrollable hyper-sensitivity of Montreal fans... Your arguement is completley invalid and bias, frankly, and I can find you many examples of how you are wrong if I investigate (but I think the Crosby one is basic enough).

Last edited by coolasprICE: 11-20-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old
11-20-2010, 02:21 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
I think what many Ritchie haters are not honestly asking themselves is what all did Subban say to Ritchie during the game ? Trash talking goes 2 ways in most situations. Subban is a fine young player and he has a bright future etc, but i do not think he is above talking trash out there on the ice.
Most every one that hates Ritchie would love to have him as their teams captain. What i admire about Ritchie is that even though he is not that big and not the best fighter, he will stand up for himself and his team mates when the need arises.He is the epitome of a leader in my opinion, as are some other captains in this league.
Seems so many people still look at the Flyers as the Broad Street Bullies, and nothing could be further from the truth actually.The Broad Street Bullies were a one of a kind event that will never be duplicated.
A lot of them are using the comments section in the newspapers (yes, it's still news up here) to bring up the Booth hit. Then they throw in the Broad Street Bullies. Then they compare him to Bobby Clarke and his slash on Kharlamov's ankle in the summit series.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:30 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
I think what many Ritchie haters are not honestly asking themselves is what all did Subban say to Ritchie during the game ? Trash talking goes 2 ways in most situations. Subban is a fine young player and he has a bright future etc, but i do not think he is above talking trash out there on the ice.\
So if trash talking goes both ways, why is it "Ritchie" that feels the need to target PK in the media? Or, conversely, maybe PK should call out Richards, since it's both ways?

If it's both ways, why can't it be left on the ice? If it's both ways, is there some rule that you have to play X amount of games before you can start trash talking?

It's both ways- you said it yourself - there's no need to make PK feel like he lacks respect.

If PK wasn't a talented palyer, if PK was a bottom pairing D man, Richards would have kept his mouth shut... However, emotions got the best of his judgement.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:31 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
A lot of them are using the comments section in the newspapers (yes, it's still news up here) to bring up the Booth hit. Then they throw in the Broad Street Bullies. Then they compare him to Bobby Clarke and his slash on Kharlamov's ankle in the summit series.
I guess that is what fills the seats wherever the Flyers play to this day, many come to watch the Flyers solely because of the Broad Street Bullies reputation forged 35+ years ago.People can say what they want about the Flyers, but the bottom line is that the Flyers are a huge draw league wide, and the media has a lot to do with it.

Must be tough being a Flyers fan up in Canada ? LOL

Old
11-20-2010, 02:41 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I guess that is what fills the seats wherever the Flyers play to this day, many come to watch the Flyers solely because of the Broad Street Bullies reputation forged 35+ years ago.People can say what they want about the Flyers, but the bottom line is that the Flyers are a huge draw league wide, and the media has a lot to do with it.

Must be tough being a Flyers fan up in Canada ? LOL
You'd be surprised how many Flyers jerseys I see around here, and there are a good amount at every Leafs game and Sabres game.

While the Bullies' era is long gone, the Flyers still have the reputation of being a tough team to play against -- and I love that.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 02:54 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
You'd be surprised how many Flyers jerseys I see around here, and there are a good amount at every Leafs game and Sabres game.

While the Bullies' era is long gone, the Flyers still have the reputation of being a tough team to play against -- and I love that.
That's good to hear Charlie Girl !Just curious as to who's Flyers Jersey do you see the most up in your neck of the woods ? Surely no one would break out their old Schultz jersey ! LOL

Old
11-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
People are people, hate to break it to ya. Reactions will be the same. Language may be different, but as someone who understands both, it all translate into the same shtick.

So really, it's all the same, by and large the same, fans and media...
We get it, you're bilingual.

People are people when it comes down to it, I'll agree to that. But there are cultural nuances. Example: While both groups are hockey fans, Habs fans are pansies, while Flyer fans are not (allowing for exceptions obviously).

Quote:
Why do I give a ****? Why do YOU give a ****? I don't get your question.
Why do you give that much of a **** what we think? I'm not discussing this with you on the Habs board. You came over here and are writing novels, ya know? That's funny to me.

Quote:
What Mike Richards is doing, is calling out a player, that the fans and teammates and a very large portion of all hockey analysts feel he has no reason to.
I haven't heard Richards doing much of this in his career to date, so I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
PK has played 3 playoff rounds, and has played 20 games already.

As for "Richies" history, are you suggesting it's conflict and controversy free, or something? He's a character player who gets involved.
The bolded is exactly why it is stupid to compare PK's track record and reputation to Richards. One has been around six years, one six months. Silly to say PK doesn't have any blemishes on his record when he barely has a record, and Mike Richards is a generally well respected player.

Quote:
Right, because Flyer fans don't ***** about Crosby " Cry Baby " and his whines EVER... they simply discuss it amongst themselves, and keep any emotionally strung comments away from the discussion, isn't that right?
Yeah, we ***** amongst ourselves about Crosby typically. We certainly aren't going over to the Pens board on e-crusades every time a Flyer is slighted. When Hartnell bit the **** out of Letang last year and they were all calling him a grimey *******...we were pretty much like....."Yup, he is. Keep your fingers out of his mouth.".

Hartnell is a grimey *******..........and PK Subban is a cocky little *****. Just own it. Who cares?

Quote:
The truth is, various hockey personalities and analysts have agreed and disagreed on both sides of the issues; yet you are painting the picture that the indisputable responsibility of blame is on the Habs side and that the reasoning of it is the uncontrollable hyper-sensitivity of Montreal fans... Your arguement is completley invalid and bias, frankly, and I can find you many examples of how you are wrong if I investigate (but I think the Crosby one is basic enough).
My argument is that when tons of Habs fans cried about Richards being dirty last year for making some clean hits (in spite of Georges and four or so other plays on MTL playing pretty dirty), there was no rush of FLyers fans to the Habs boards pleading Mike's case. Chill out, what we or Mike Richards think shouldn't be that important (and it wouldn't bother you that much if what he said didn't hit close to the mark).

But the catty manner in which a lot of you do it is comedic. I'm not saying that carrying on about something like a bunch of *****es is exclusive to Montreal, or that it never happens in Philly. There is a trend I'm noticing though.

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 11-20-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old
11-20-2010, 03:35 PM
MsWoof

There are lots of Flyers fans up here. It's funny when we're at the game because you can't hear them on tv much but at the rink you see lots of them. Last year when CG and I went we saw a bunch of teenage Flyer fans waiting for the train! They were wearing all kinds of jerseys so it wasn't one or two different ones. I don't know how they all came to be Flyers fans because they all knew each other but it was cool. Not quite as funny as the Leafs fan wearing a Leafs jersey with "Carter 17" on the back with blue tape, though!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 04:18 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
We get it, you're bilingual.

People are people when it comes down to it, I'll agree to that. But there are cultural nuances. Example: While both groups are hockey fans, Habs fans are pansies, while Flyer fans are not (allowing for exceptions obviously).
I think you're simply confusing the concept of "pansy" with a culture that speaks a different language than " Philly ".

It's called cultural differences; not everything is steak n cheese

I would imagine you would find Europe or any part of the Latin world "pansy" too?

Quote:
Why do you give that much of a **** what we think? I'm not discussing this with you on the Habs board. You came over here and are writing novels, ya know? That's funny to me.
What's up with this resistance to having discussion with other teams fans? I mean, sure if I came in here trolling and acting like a **** head , I'd hear you out on this one.

But I'm not trolling. We're engaging in discussion. And last I checked this is pretty normal.

Oh, just a little FYI, there are a **** load of Flyer fan posters that come to the hab boards... and we even so much tolerate difference in opinions.... You should try it some day, you'll find there's no need to make a mockery of others (and ultimately yourself).

Quote:

The bolded is exactly why it is stupid to compare PK's track record and reputation to Richards.
I didn't. I compared Richards with PK, Gill and Halpern collectively. The one who has the biggest reputation is Richards. Comparing it to some old vets like Gill and Halp, what does that suggest? I'm not condemning Richards, I'm just saying he's a character player who gets involved. There's no reason to deny this.

As for the rest of your post, it remains mostly repetition of your initial stereotyping, thus no need to dive into further OT name calling.

Old
11-20-2010, 04:34 PM
CanadianFlyersFan18

Quote:
I think you're simply confusing the concept of "pansy" with a culture that speaks a different language than " Philly ".

It's called cultural differences; not everything is steak n cheese

I would imagine you would find Europe or any part of the Latin world "pansy" too?

What's up with this resistance to having discussion with other teams fans? I mean, sure if I came in here trolling and acting like a **** head , I'd hear you out on this one.

But I'm not trolling. We're engaging in discussion. And last I checked this is pretty normal.

Oh, just a little FYI, there are a **** load of Flyer fan posters that come to the hab boards... and we even so much tolerate difference in opinions.... You should try it some day, you'll find there's no need to make a mockery of others (and ultimately yourself).

I didn't. I compared Richards with PK, Gill and Halpern collectively. The one who has the biggest reputation is Richards. Comparing it to some old vets like Gill and Halp, what does that suggest? I'm not condemning Richards, I'm just saying he's a character player who gets involved. There's no reason to deny this.

As for the rest of your post, it remains mostly repetition of your initial stereotyping, thus no need to dive into further OT name calling.
This whole situation is pretty simple. After a tough loss, the media (that Richards does not like to begin with) asks a question and he answers it honestly. Habs fans are outraged that the God they call PK Subban could be called out or criticized in anyway. PK said something to provoke Richards, and Richards respond accordingly in the media. Could he have done it on the ice? maybe but that might have ended up in a suspension and or injury to PK and then there be an even bigger uproar from Montreal fans. Furthermore what Richards said was not a threat, it was a WARNING. If PK keeps running his mouth he's going to get clocked. His teammates can say what they want but when someone grabs PK in a dog-pile after whistle and starts feeding him, he's going to learn real quick that you can't trash talk and back it up. Nut up or Shut up. In addition PK has a lot of talent, he, like Richards had to learn when he came into the league, that he needs to keep his mouth shut sometimes. But hell if PK doesn't want to change his game thats fine by me, because Karma one way or another will catch up to him and it will be game over.

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 04:42 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Richards even said he was called out the same way as a rookie. Subban and Habs fans need to realize that its not out of the ordinary. Now Richards has huge league wide respect, if Subban smartens up he could be a well respected player last in his career

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 04:59 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyersFan18 View Post
This whole situation is pretty simple. After a tough loss, the media (that Richards does not like to begin with) asks a question and he answers it honestly. Habs fans are outraged that the God they call PK Subban could be called out or criticized in anyway. PK said something to provoke Richards, and Richards respond accordingly in the media. Could he have done it on the ice? maybe but that might have ended up in a suspension and or injury to PK and then there be an even bigger uproar from Montreal fans. Furthermore what Richards said was not a threat, it was a WARNING. If PK keeps running his mouth he's going to get clocked. His teammates can say what they want but when someone grabs PK in a dog-pile after whistle and starts feeding him, he's going to learn real quick that you can't trash talk and back it up. Nut up or Shut up. In addition PK has a lot of talent, he, like Richards had to learn when he came into the league, that he needs to keep his mouth shut sometimes. But hell if PK doesn't want to change his game thats fine by me, because Karma one way or another will catch up to him and it will be game over.
" It could of ended in a suspension and injury" Well, goes to show you the kind of player you perceive Richards ... so instead, it's best to call out a player because he is a rookie "trash talks" . I probably agree with that,

Calling out player is smarter than Suspension.

funny how both options seem to be poor options.

Still, why is it that there are Flyer fans, media (outside of Montreal) and players are denouncing what Richards said to the media ? Not all, but a good portion... What does that say? Says to me it's something we can agree and disagree on -- it's not black or white (pun intended)

Old
11-20-2010, 04:59 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Richards even said he was called out the same way as a rookie. Subban and Habs fans need to realize that its not out of the ordinary. Now Richards has huge league wide respect, if Subban smartens up he could be a well respected player last in his career
Richards was called out ON THE ICE.

Elias did not need the microphone.

Old
11-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Viller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JABEE View Post
I don't think an Olympic Gold medal makes up for losing a Stanley Cup on that shot. That comment bothered me. Winning the Cup should be what's most important. It's no big deal, but I don't think I agree with him.
You can win the cup every year, you can win gold once every 4. And thats IF you make the team. I'm 100% sure that Richards wants the cup just as bad.

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 05:26 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Richards was called out ON THE ICE.

Elias did not need the microphone.
Elias probably wasn't asked about it by the media, either.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 05:32 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Not quite as funny as the Leafs fan wearing a Leafs jersey with "Carter 17" on the back with blue tape, though!
LOL - I forgot about that guy!!

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Quote:
You're the only one here who seems to be preoccupied with language (and your lingual abilities), and a pansy is a pansy regardless of the language it speaks.

Quote:
It's called cultural differences; not everything is steak n cheese I would imagine you would find Europe or any part of the Latin world "pansy" too?
For whatever it's worth, being predominantly a bunch of thin-skinned pansies is a cultural difference too.

What is with you and your entire region's superficial preoccupation with language? You're projecting it onto me, and it's annoying. Stop. I couldn't care less what your language of choice is (your English is very good though).

Quote:
I didn't tell you to get the hell out or that you weren't welcome to discuss whatever you pleased. There's no real resistance here, you just don't like what I'm saying. Also, sometimes there isn't too much to discuss. On this topic, we are mostly just going to exchange disagreement.

Quote:
Like I said, there isn't much to discuss. I say Subban is an annoying, cocky twerp. You disagree. The rest of this discussion has been about peripheral crap.

What is to be gained, or what interest do you have in coming out of your way to a Flyers board solely to disagree? I have no problem with voiced disagreement.........when there's a purpose for it.

Quote:
Who here was intolerant of your difference of opinion? I didn't do anything but disagree, and maybe poke a little fun at Habs fans acting like puck bunnies who's favorite player just got insulted. Disagreement does not equal intolerance, and it's not like you haven't made your little jabs back.

I read the Hab boards from time to time and never really see Flyers posters in there. I must be looking in the wrong threads. If they're engaged in useful discussion, then great. If they're in there whining about what some Habs fans had to say about one of our players, feel free to mock them for being lame, or send me a PM and I will do it for you.

Quote:
I didn't. I compared Richards with PK, Gill and Halpern collectively.
You did so whilst making a point about Subban's track record being clean (and implied that Richards has some sort of history of being an ass). Including two other players that had nothing to do with the discussion does nothing more than obscure the fact that PJ Subban's track record barely exists and isn't worth much. Semantics.

Last edited by Giroux tha Damaja: 11-20-2010 at 05:43 PM.