HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

After (if Ever the lockout is over) i can fix the NHL

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
After (if Ever the lockout is over) i can fix the NHL

First off
Fire Gary Buttman at once this guy has done nothing but ruin a once great game.
Get rid of the Redline and open up the game people need to watch goals and great goaltending not 2 line passes and off sides.

Expand the roster to 25 and dress a goon the league was popular in the 70's why cause people kicked ass and cities like NY Phillie and Boston are blue collar and love to watch people kick ass. Any of us would watch the 79 playoffs over the crap we watched last time the league played.

get modern with the league have teams named after gangs who cares every team needs to wear black jerseys once a week. We need the youth to think hockey is kool again get Jay Caufield off the commericals get 50Cent in there with a bullet poof goalie mask or something.

Get hockey going again all teams must lower ticket prices on out of divison games like baseball offer 3 level pricing and give people a chance to take a family of 4 without selling a kidney.

I personally love this game and miss it but even i feel the league has done damge that can't be fixed give me some of your ideas to fix this mess

Old
05-29-2005, 09:24 AM
free0717

Hockey needs to get down to Grass Roots

What the NHL needs to do is get down to grass roots marketing. The NHL should do anything it can do to promote hockey whether it is Ice, roller, street hockey etc.

Players should be required to do public clinics at least once per month per player.
Maybe two or three players per clinic. What needs to happen for long term marketing of the sport, especially in the new markets is to get kids playing hockey. From that point they will want to watch there local team, probably become fans, some will become season ticket holders, some will go to several games a year and alot will watch on TV.

The NHL needs to get hockey into the fabric of society just like baseball(little league, etc.) That is the road to long term growth and success.

Old
05-29-2005, 09:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
Expand the roster to 25 and dress a goon the league was popular in the 70's why cause people kicked ass and cities like NY Phillie and Boston are blue collar and love to watch people kick ass. Any of us would watch the 79 playoffs over the crap we watched last time the league played.

get modern with the league have teams named after gangs who cares every team needs to wear black jerseys once a week. We need the youth to think hockey is kool again get Jay Caufield off the commericals get 50Cent in there with a bullet poof goalie mask or something.

Why not, it worked wonders for the XFL.

Old
05-29-2005, 10:52 AM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

Name teams after gangs? I imagine that the effect of 'gang teams' and black jersys would be negligable.

Old
05-29-2005, 11:02 AM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel_master
Name teams after gangs? I imagine that the effect of 'gang teams' and black jersys would be negligable.
I can just imagine a Western conference final between the Detroit Bloods and Colorado Pharaohs.

Old
05-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Balej20*

hahah this is too much to handle

Old
05-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Fletch

This ain't 1979 anymore...

and businesses have gotten big and blue collar's out. I love to 'ol time hockey as much as the next guy, but unfortunately that ain't for the masses. Free's right...gotta market the sport at its lowest level. The NHL needs a marketing guru - one that understands hockey.

Closed Thread