Notices

Tim Ramholt

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2005, 02:50 PM
RaTcine

vCash: 500
Tim Ramholt

We don't hear much about this guy but he's ranked 3rd on your top20. Do you think he has a shot to take a spot on next year's roster?

What's his potential?
To who could you compare him?

Old
05-17-2005, 03:01 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTcine
We don't hear much about this guy but he's ranked 3rd on your top20. Do you think he has a shot to take a spot on next year's roster?

What's his potential?
To who could you compare him?
I don't think any defenseman has a shot at the Flames roster for the next couple years OTHER THAN Phaneuf. With Leopold, Regehr, Lydman, Ference, Warrener pretty much locks for a roster spot than leaves 1 extra spot plus 1-2 depth spots. Phaneuf will most likely get that extra spot and the depth will be filled by the likes of Montador, Commodore or Eriksson.

From what I hear, Ramholt likes taking the body and can carry the puck quite well. Flames management was also a bit disspointed he went back overseas instead of playing another seaosn in NA. Hopefully he will change his mind now that the Flames have an AHL team to themselves.

Old
05-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Jessie Lumsden

Tim Ramholt MUST come to Nebraska in September. If he doesn't, I'm afraid he may not come back to North America at all.

Old
05-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Hunter74

Does anyone know what kinda money he was offered to go home and play. I have read that thye get payed pretty well there to play hockey. Personally I would rather make some money than play junior, especially when I have already proven to myself and others that I can play the North Amercan game. Albeit at the junior level.

Of course if he turned down a AHL roster spot this past fall then I really dont know what to think the chances of us keeping him. If he didn't turn down the opportunity to play in Lowell and the Flames offer him a decent AHL contract then I can see him comeing over to play in Nebraska. Considering he said he loved it in Calgary when he played here before he was drafted and said he cant waite to play in the NHL I would be extremly surprised and disappointed if he didn't come over next year.

I hope he isn't put off by the depth we have on defense. It would really suck if he just did not sign with b/c he feels as though there isn't any room for him in the near future. But if thats the way he is I dont want him. I want guys on our team who are super competitive (Tim supposed to be, scouting report) and not affraid of some competition.

Personally I can see this guy taking a job from someone after just 1 year in the AHL. He's a big body who can hit and is very mobile ala Lydman.

Regehr/Leopold
Phaneuf/Warrener
Ramholt/Lydman or Ference (hopefully Lydman)
Pardy

Until Commodore learns to move his feet faster he's just dead weight back there. Well its either he learns to skate faster or he stops trying to be a mobile offensive defenseman as he could be an effective NHLer already if he played like Warrener does. It might work in the AHL Mike but after how many years of not cracking the NHL does it take before you realise that maybe your not a good enough offensive defensman to play that game. Use your god given tools you tool......He frustrates me I can only imagine how frustrated his coaches must be to have this massive blueliner who could be such a good shut down guy if only he just chipped the damn puck out of the zone instead of trying to carry it up ice at a snails pace. Play within your means dammit!!!!

Old
05-24-2005, 03:22 AM
King_Brown

Another gem picked by Sutter. Hopefully he turns out to be what his potential says. People look at Nashvilles top 2 2003 picks, ours is much better. Phanuef/Ramholt

Old
05-25-2005, 05:41 AM
devilman

Next season he will play for Kloten Flyers (Emmanuel Peter also plays there). The past season wasn't the best for him, he kind of disappeard on the heavy loaden defense of the ZSC Lions. Also the coach hadn't enough faith in him anymore.
I think next season will prove if he's ready to play AHL hockey. Kloten Flyers have a young roster, so he'll get plenty of ice-time.

Old
05-25-2005, 08:13 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilman
Next season he will play for Kloten Flyers (Emmanuel Peter also plays there). The past season wasn't the best for him, he kind of disappeard on the heavy loaden defense of the ZSC Lions. Also the coach hadn't enough faith in him anymore.
I think next season will prove if he's ready to play AHL hockey. Kloten Flyers have a young roster, so he'll get plenty of ice-time.
It looks like he is settling in for a good, long, career in hockey (in Europe that is).

Old
05-25-2005, 12:09 PM
kolanos

Ramholt's potential is probably a two-way Kasparitis. He plays a physical game, a real meanstreak, has a solid two-way game, can make smart outlet passes.Was arguably the best defenceman in the Q in 03-04, and a real second round steal. But breaking the Flames D will be a challenge for any player, Phaneuf included -- so Ramholt should still have atleast another couple years to develop, barring a trade.

Old
05-27-2005, 12:04 AM
ryz

Quote:
If he stays in Switzerland again this year I think he will be all but done with the Flames. They weren't too happy about him leaving the CHL this year and if he doesn't accept an invitation to Omaha next year I think he will be pretty much fade away as a legit up and comming Flames prospect.

Old
05-27-2005, 02:55 AM
devilman

Well, the new affilation (spell?) opens new horizons for Ramholt, CGY can now have 6 and more d-men on their farm team, last season they had only 3? so maybe that's why he choose not to play in the AHL, just because he wanted to have regular ice-time. I guess he has an exit clause on his contract and can leave the Kloten Flyers if he gets an offer from Omaha.

Old
05-27-2005, 09:30 AM
Hunter74

Quote:
Well, the new affilation (spell?) opens new horizons for Ramholt, CGY can now have 6 and more d-men on their farm team, last season they had only 3? so maybe that's why he choose not to play in the AHL, just because he wanted to have regular ice-time. I guess he has an exit clause on his contract and can leave the Kloten Flyers if he gets an offer from Omaha.

Did he even get regular ice time last year playing for ZSC Lions?

I think it would be best for his development to come and play in the AHL. But if I were in his sitution last year i would of wetn back home and made some decent money than just toiling in the Qu riding the bus. I dont think he would of won a roster spot in Lowell especially after they signed Commodore.

But none of this matters as long as he does come to Omaha next year. I dont understand why they werent able to sign him to a contract before the CBA expired?

I think this guy can be a good replacement for Lydman or Ference within the next couple of years. For thats saying alot b/c I really like Lydman and dont want to see him leave. I dont mind Ference and if he continues to play during the regular season like he did in the playoffs then I will like him alot more but last season he was very up and down. But we will get alot back in return for Lydman if Ramholt did indeed repalce him. Plus if Ference keeps gettign better which i hope he will it will also helpt to make Lyder more expendable. Considering Ference didn't ahve a good coach in Pittsburg I kinda almost consider his season with Calgary as his first real season a a regular in the NHL. So there should only be upside for Ference.

Old
05-27-2005, 11:12 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

The Swiss are getting a well deserved rep for not paying the price to make it at the highest level, the Swiss league acting like Pogey does in Canada, taking away ambition. The Swiss league pays well and you can be the big man on campus while there. The schedule is light and the scenery beautiful. Ramholt has a leg up on other Swiss players in my eyes because he decided to play in the CHL. He was a very good player for CB too. Culture shock will not be a factor because there is not much more shocking i'm sure than to go from Switzerland to Sydney. Ramholt faces a good two year apprenticeship though in the AHL and time will tell if he's up to it or not. It may depend on how he progresses in Switzerland; if he has success and is making good money he may not want to get off that safety net and try and make it.

Old
05-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Torch

I know for a fact that the Flames seriously want him to play in the AHL next season. They feel it is essential for him to improve his skill in North America if he is ever going to play in the NHL. They were not too happy when he decided to go back to Switzerland. If he doesn't come over next year, I don't think the Flames will bother with him at all.

Old
05-28-2005, 07:54 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch
If he doesn't come over next year, I don't think the Flames will bother with him at all.
I don't agree with that at all. If Ramholt has that much of an upisde, you don't let go of a prospect like that..you do all you can to keep him in your system, whether it be in the AHL for a few years or over in Europe for a few years.

Old
05-29-2005, 03:49 PM
Torch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
I don't agree with that at all. If Ramholt has that much of an upisde, you don't let go of a prospect like that..you do all you can to keep him in your system, whether it be in the AHL for a few years or over in Europe for a few years.

What I mean is that if Ramholt is not playing in a league that is forcing him to improve and get stronger, there is a point where he won't be able to develop the upside he has the potential for. Ramholt is at that crossroads right now and if he doesn't come over, it will set him back enough that he won't have the same upside anymore. That is the fear anyway.

Last edited by Torch: 05-29-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Closed Thread