HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knicks Part 3 (All NBA discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2010, 11:44 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
He does need to step up but his game doesn't play to taking over a game. He can't create his own offense. He needs a good PG. Until the Knicks get one they won't take that next step.

It'll have to be via trade because outside of Tony Parker (next offseason) there isn't really anyone out there worth mentioning. I cant picture Parker leaving SA, he's got it good there.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:47 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
It'll have to be via trade because outside of Tony Parker (next offseason) there isn't really anyone out there worth mentioning. I cant picture Parker leaving SA, he's got it good there.
Parker just signed an extension in San Antonio. It's now Paul or Williams two off-seasons from now. The Knicks have become the ultimate Wait Till Next Year team. I hope Melo still wants to come after this season.

Old
11-14-2010, 11:51 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
I think Parker signed a new deal.

I didn't really want him anyway. He maybe only 28 but there's a lot of mileage on those legs.

Knicks have to hope and pray they get Paul in 2 years or the off-season, should he become available.

There's some talk that for right now he's happy in NO. Let me see him sign an extension first, they I would know if he's REALLY happy there.

Old
11-21-2010, 01:38 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Awesome efforts from Amare and Danilo. Solid win.

Also, Blake Griffin is an animal.

It's just pain.
Old
11-21-2010, 01:57 AM
TheHotRock

blake griffin looked like shawn kemp in his prime tonight. what an awesome performance.

knicks looked good. 7th 8th seed good

Old
11-21-2010, 02:33 AM
TrollololBoyle

I absolutely loving the Knicks this season. I miss David Lee dearly, but Stoudemire is magic.

Felton, Fields, Gallo (especially), Chandler, and obviously Stoudemire are HUGE this season. They are finally a team with the ability to compete, but like the Rangers, lack that one final piece. The Knicks have the core in place, and need Carmelo as we all know. The biggest thing to happen to the Knicks this (off)season is that Curry will finally be off the books, and the money will be there.

Old
11-21-2010, 03:19 AM
17futurecap

Great road trip, after falling short in Denver to start the trip. Blake Griffin looks so sad that he is on that team this year, but they are young and have good talent, give it a few years Blake. Him Bledsoe, Gordon, and Aminu is a nice young core. Knicks got some confidence back going 3-1 out west, I am excited again.

Old
11-21-2010, 04:59 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Blake Griffin was so insane tonight...My goodness...It was like NBA JAM with him

Old
11-21-2010, 11:30 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
I absolutely loving the Knicks this season. I miss David Lee dearly, but Stoudemire is magic.

Felton, Fields, Gallo (especially), Chandler, and obviously Stoudemire are HUGE this season. They are finally a team with the ability to compete, but like the Rangers, lack that one final piece. The Knicks have the core in place, and need Carmelo as we all know. The biggest thing to happen to the Knicks this (off)season is that Curry will finally be off the books, and the money will be there.
PG is a much bigger need than SF, in my opinion. I think we're seeing from Gallo that he can be the starting 3 on a winning team - and his game is a lot more complementary to Stat's than Melo's would be. If the team makes a trade this year, I'd much rather that they go after a top 10 PG (if it can be done while keeping Gallo), because I think Felton's game is limited, as good as he's looked the last 3.

Now, if they get Melo as an UFA over the summer, keep Gallo as the 3rd forward and then use all their remaining chips to get an upgrade at PG next year - THAT would be my ideal scenario.

Old
11-21-2010, 01:47 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Not a fan of basketball, but I watched the game with my friend.

First note, found this tidbit on wikipedia-

Quote:
NBA career

On July 10, 2010, it was reported that Mozgov would sign a three year, $9.7 million dollar gross income contract with the New York Knicks of the NBA.[1] Mozgov was also absolutely posterized by Blake Griffin of the Los Angeles Clippers on November 20th, 2010.

Anyway, from my limited knowledge of basketball, that Gallinari kid looks like a really good player. All I know about the Knicks is Isiah Thomas screwed up the franchise, but it looks like you guys have a lot to look forward to.

Old
11-21-2010, 02:39 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
blake griffin looked like shawn kemp in his prime tonight. what an awesome performance.

knicks looked good. 7th 8th seed good

Kemp's name is being mentioned quite alot when trying to find a comparable player for Griffin .. with obvious reasons. Kenyon Martin is another. Griffin will be a beast.

Old
11-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Rangers4Life74

great road trip from the Knicks.love how they are not settling for jumpers anymore and taking it to the basket.getting to the line over 50 times vs the Clippers was awesome.Gallo is playing like we all knew he could.his game is coming along nicely,inside and out.Fields is becomming the steal of this draft,the kid does everything well.

Old
11-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Melrose Munch

Chris Paul will force a trade IMO if he does not get what he wants.

Old
11-22-2010, 04:45 AM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose Munch View Post
Chris Paul will force a trade IMO if he does not get what he wants.

Which is what?

He's playing on a contender again. That team should win 50+ games.

Old
12-03-2010, 10:24 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

The Knicks with a very impressive road win in NO against a team that was 8-1 on its home court.

Old
12-03-2010, 10:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Yeah that was an excellent win. Only caught the very end, but sounds like they played solidly.

Old
12-03-2010, 10:55 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah that was an excellent win. Only caught the very end, but sounds like they played solidly.
Stat and Felton are playing like All-Stars right now.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:24 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

The Knicks need a defensive/grab a ton of rebounds center. Another shooter. Maybe that's Azubuike and a backup PG. Add Carmelo and that's a championship caliber team.

As Amar'e said during the summer: "The Knicks are back".

Old
12-03-2010, 11:25 PM
SRTtoZ

Im lovin the look of the Knicks. Even though they arent there just YET, they are moving in the right direction. I see them making the playoffs but nothing too serious, they need a defensive center and Carmello.

Old
12-03-2010, 11:35 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Felton destroyed Paul tonight in every facet of the game.

As crazy as it sounds, Felton is clearly the best point guard the Knicks have had since Mark Jackson. At least through the first 20 games

Old
12-03-2010, 11:53 PM
17futurecap

Great win tonight, from 3-8 to 11-9, just awesome. Amare has been awesome this year, seems he just goes for 35 a night like it is nothing. Felton has been so much better than I thought he was going to be, great sign after 20 games.

Old
12-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Blatant
Formerly NYRFan1823

I said before the season that Felton was going to excel in D'antonis system. It happens to a lot of PG's. He played for larry "half-court" brown last year and still did decent. Now with one of the best bigs in the game, and a good system he is excelling. We need turiaf to come back because he is a beast on defense, is a good passer, and can shoot in close if he has too. Fields has been a very pleasant surprise so far this year. Keep danillo, chandler, felton, amare, turiaf, fields, douglas. Then it seems like melo would be an awesome fit. Hopefully azubuike can be a good 2 though, IF not I still like fields and TD.

Old
12-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Forever Blue

I liked the Felton signing, but I definitely wasn't expecting this. He's been as good as any PG in the league recently.

If they can just stay at .500 this year, then add Melo and a defensive post presence next year, this team will be ready to take off. It's been a dark decade, but finally there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Old
12-04-2010, 01:25 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonbabka View Post
I liked the Felton signing, but I definitely wasn't expecting this. He's been as good as any PG in the league recently.

If they can just stay at .500 this year, then add Melo and a defensive post presence next year, this team will be ready to take off. It's been a dark decade, but finally there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Not trying take anything away from Felton but I'm sure D'Antoni's system is really helping Felton.

I'm not going to say anything stupid like I've heard other Knick fans say 'forget Paul, lets keep Felton'.
If CP is a FA you try to sign him. He is the best PG in the NBA.

I would worry about Felton under a different system/coach. Can he be THIS productive? We know CP3 can be.

Old
12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
rangers4ever2007

another W on the road

who is this williams kid?

Closed Thread