HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tinfoil Hats, Ho!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2010, 08:17 PM
  #51
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings1421 View Post
you gotta be the most naive person on here CB. i suppose you also think that everything the government does is for the best interest of the people too right?
I am naive because I don't believe a conspiracy theory that would, at best, be described as half-baked?

No. I don't believe there is an anti-red wings or pro penguins "conspiracy."

I guess I am naive.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:51 AM
  #52
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Nudging is fixing, but it's subtle so it won't be viewed as obvious fixing?

LOL.
Fail.

And it should be noted that since Walkom is an on-ice official now... I wonder if how he refs has been influenced by all those fireside chats with Campbell. Or his teams. Or the other officials he talks about stuff with in the lockerrooms.

Naw. Impossible.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:52 AM
  #53
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
The pens weren't a failing franchise when they won the cup.
Yeah, I wonder why that was? 5-10 million in league advertising focused on Crosby and Malkin probably didn't hurt their attendance too much.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:54 AM
  #54
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Honestly, if I thought the league was taking sides, I wouldn't waste my time watching the "sport."
And I question the intelligence of anyone who would.
When you say you 'question the intelligence of anyone who would', what do you mean?

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 07:44 AM
  #55
CC Chiefs*
 
CC Chiefs*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I am naive because I don't believe a conspiracy theory that would, at best, be described as half-baked?

No. I don't believe there is an anti-red wings or pro penguins "conspiracy."

I guess I am naive.
Oh Bob. Do you walk around with blinders on? Do you watch the news? Have you ever heard of MLB's steroid scandal? Have you ever heard of Nelson Piquet Jr.ís Intentional Crash? How about Rosie Ruiz? Maybe Danny Almonte?

Point being sports scandals have always been there and always will be.

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 11:14 AM
  #56
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Chiefs View Post
Oh Bob. Do you walk around with blinders on? Do you watch the news? Have you ever heard of MLB's steroid scandal? Have you ever heard of Nelson Piquet Jr.ís Intentional Crash? How about Rosie Ruiz? Maybe Danny Almonte?

Point being sports scandals have always been there and always will be.
Look, how about this.

Mike Babcock is a child molester.

I know this because in the past, hockey coaches have molested children and Canadians have molested children.


See how outrageous you're being?


The point here is, just because something has happened doesn't mean it's happening everywhere, all the time.

When you make an allegation of cheating, you should have more than just a bunch of immatures fans who feel wronged because their favorite team lost.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 12:51 PM
  #57
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,249
vCash: 500
nudging goes on in pretty much every hockey game and you don't even realize it. When a team gets a huge advantage in powerplays, the refs tend to even it up by the end of the game (excluding the ducks) with non calls and ridiculous penalties that you know wouldn't be called if the team didn't have a huge advantage in powerplays. I would call that nudging.

chances14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 02:44 PM
  #58
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Look, how about this.

Mike Babcock is a child molester.


I hope you never wonder why I laugh about you being ridiculously misrepresentational there, Tin.

Quote:
See how outrageous you're being?
Oh, there's some outrageousness here, no doubt.

Quote:
The point here is, just because something has happened doesn't mean it's happening everywhere, all the time.
Hey, no kidding. Has anyone alleged that it's happening 'everywhere, all the time'... or are you just misrepresenting what has been said for, oh, about the 300th time?

Quote:
When you make an allegation of cheating, you should have more than just a bunch of immatures fans who feel wronged because their favorite team lost.
When you say 'immature (sic) fans who feel wronged because their favorite team lost', who are you referring to?

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:05 PM
  #59
CC Chiefs*
 
CC Chiefs*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 15,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Look, how about this.

Mike Babcock is a child molester.

I know this because in the past, hockey coaches have molested children and Canadians have molested children.


See how outrageous you're being?


The point here is, just because something has happened doesn't mean it's happening everywhere, all the time.

When you make an allegation of cheating, you should have more than just a bunch of immatures fans who feel wronged because their favorite team lost.
I take it by this response you have no idea what the examples are that I posted. Let try this.

The Black Sox
Pete Rose
1972 Russian Baskatball Gold medal (which was a supervisor said they did it wrong, get back out there and get it correct)
Death of Alydar
Ben Johnson
2002 Olympic Winter Games figure skating scandal
Not mention rugby and soccer issues.

Point is CB it does happen and a lot more than you obviously would like to think. Money will drive people to very crooked things.

CC Chiefs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 03:55 PM
  #60
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Chiefs View Post
I take it by this response you have no idea what the examples are that I posted. Let try this.

The Black Sox
Pete Rose
1972 Russian Baskatball Gold medal (which was a supervisor said they did it wrong, get back out there and get it correct)
Death of Alydar
Ben Johnson
2002 Olympic Winter Games figure skating scandal
Not mention rugby and soccer issues.

Point is CB it does happen and a lot more than you obviously would like to think. Money will drive people to very crooked things.


CC Chiefs is a serial killer.

Jeffery Dahmer
David Berkowitz
Ted Bundy
John Wayne Gacy
Patrick Kearney

Point is, there are a lot of serial killers. So you must be one.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:51 PM
  #61
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Chiefs View Post
I take it by this response you have no idea what the examples are that I posted. Let try this.

The Black Sox
Pete Rose
1972 Russian Baskatball Gold medal (which was a supervisor said they did it wrong, get back out there and get it correct)
Death of Alydar
Ben Johnson
2002 Olympic Winter Games figure skating scandal
Not mention rugby and soccer issues.

Point is CB it does happen and a lot more than you obviously would like to think. Money will drive people to very crooked things.
don't forget about the nba Tim Donaghy ref betting on games that he officiated

chances14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 04:53 PM
  #62
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 7,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
CC Chiefs is a serial killer.

Jeffery Dahmer
David Berkowitz
Ted Bundy
John Wayne Gacy
Patrick Kearney

Point is, there are a lot of serial killers. So you must be one.
Point is that scandals have happened in major pro sports before. why would hockey be immune from any type of scandals?

chances14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:44 PM
  #63
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
CC Chiefs is a serial killer.
Impossible. There is no such thing as a serial killer. I don't believe it.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 07:19 PM
  #64
HockeyinHD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,125
vCash: 500
And if people really want to be disgusted, go read Bettman's comments on the Campbell situation over on Kuklas Korner.

Good Lord, the NHL is run by a bunch of sycophantic, self-congratulatory idiots.

HockeyinHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:26 AM
  #65
jaster
I pay off the mods.
 
jaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
It's pretty clear what side of the argument you're supporting.

Honestly, if I thought the league was taking sides, I wouldn't waste my time watching the "sport."
And I question the intelligence of anyone who would.

"Clear" in your warped world, where apparently being a defenseman is easier than being a forward. (that one is still giving me chuckles)

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I'm not privy to witnessing the league operations first-hand. There have been some suspicious calls/games/series over the years. People (fans, officials, league executives) all have biases and it wouldn't be surprising if some act on them.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 08:56 AM
  #66
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
"Clear" in your warped world, where apparently being a defenseman is easier than being a forward. (that one is still giving me chuckles)

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes. I'm not privy to witnessing the league operations first-hand. There have been some suspicious calls/games/series over the years. People (fans, officials, league executives) all have biases and it wouldn't be surprising if some act on them.
"Warped world?" Easy killer.

'Tis easier to destroy than create.


Last edited by RedWingsNow*: 11-21-2010 at 09:34 AM.
RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.