HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers re-acquire Syvret + prospect for Maroon & Laliberte

Old
11-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Raffl House

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm just curious if he can reliably be viewed as a guy we could call up in the event of a rash of injuries.
Understood. Isn't after a certain age/# of NHL games played where they have to pass through waivers?

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
KimiFerrari
Messi Is God

vCash: 500
No! Not Syvret again... We don't need more Defense.

I doubt he can be sent down without going through waivers. He was drafted in 2005 and played 10 games in the NHL that year.

http://capgeek.com/waiver_calculator...005&Calculate=

According to this, he must clear waivers.

Edit: His current status is in the Minors, so we don't have to send him down, only call him up. With his 2-way contract he only makes 105k in the AHL, so I he wouldn't have to clear re-entry waivers.

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm

Quote:
Re-entry waivers – new to this CBA is the provision that certain players recalled to the NHL must clear waivers to join the team holding his NHL rights; any other team may claim said player for 50% of his cap hit and salary, with the team attempting to recall taking the other 50% of each. In general, players are not subject to re-entry [recall] waivers unless:

1. The player is on a -way contract and is subject to waivers when assigned to the minors; or
2. The player is on a 2-way contract whose minor league salary is in excess of

2007-08: $100,000
2008-09: $100,000
2009-10: $105,000
2010-11: $105,000
2011-12: $105,000

#2 above does not apply to a player who

1. If a goalie, the goalie has played in 180 or more professional games [NHL, AHL, or ECHL; regular season and playoffs] or, if a skater, 320 or more professional games; AND
2. Has not spent more than 80 games on an NHL roster in the prior 2 seasons or 40 or more games on an NHL roster in the immediately prior season.

Last edited by KimiFerrari: 11-21-2010 at 11:24 AM.
KimiFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:24 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Gotta say, not a fan of this trade at all. Too bad to know that it's Maroon who cause it.

OriginJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:25 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
We can call him up next time we play in the Winter Classic. He's the only one that can score in them

King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:28 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
Understood. Isn't after a certain age/# of NHL games played where they have to pass through waivers?
ya, he's waiver eligible...unless it's an emergency situation

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:41 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

More info on Rob Bordson:

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2010/3...ut-rob-bordson

Quote:

Upside?

Out of Stock - Bordson replenishes the cupboard in terms of skill forwards. Assuming Anaheim has an AHL franchise next year, Bordson could be key in setting up an offensive system that caters to other skill forwards and playmakers like Deschamps, Macenauer or even Bonino. He has some value in terms of minor league depth even if he never makes the major leagues.

Continued Confidence - Bordson is coming off a big season where he seems to have finally found his game. If he continues to improve, the Ducks may have found a quality asset for the price of a free agent contract.

Downside?

Big Bet - The Ducks aren't deep in terms of playmakers, but Bordson isn't necessarily the best fit for a camp spot. Erik Christensen was arguably sent packing for his inability to find the right mix of physicality and production for Randy Carlyle. This team has gotten faster and looser since then, but asking Bordson to follow Carlyle's Road of Playmaker Perdition (which has already claimed the souls of Christensen and Shannon) may be a recipe for disaster for a player who has only had one year at this weight and perhaps one more in the AHL.

Final Five Frustration - Bordson played well leading up to the Final Five, but he and the entire UMD team were shut down by the Fighting Sioux in the Play-In game. That includes the power play, which was locked out to the tune of 0/5 with a shorthanded goal surrendered. There is some question as to whether or not Bordson can be a difference maker against stiff competition, even at the NCAA level, and how desperately he needs his forwards to be great finishers who are physically capable of staying on the puck.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:49 AM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
I thought I saw Shane Harper was in the ECHL (at least to start the year) has he been called up to Adirondak?
he has been called up along with nic riopel and cullen eddy.

as a season ticketholder for the echl team my opinion of harper is he has great speed, but in the beginning of the season his positioning was a joke. coach dean stork himself bluntly stated that. but he def shown huge improvements and im confident hell acclimate to ADK. i really think Greenville has a great developing style and it shows by them taking a team of guys that never played together on the same team and got them into first place of their division.

My opinions of Cullen Eddy and Rio are high also, but that is for another thread in time.

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:52 AM
chaosof99*

Not a fan of this one. I don't think Syvret is necessary, and we've seen him often enough to know he's a fringe NHLer that isn't necessarily what we're looking for in the future. I have no clue about Bordson, but he has worse stats than Laliberte.

I still have no clue about the fallout with Maroon.

That being said, I don't think either Maroon or Laliberte were guys who were going to earn themselves Roster spots in the near future, since the line-up is pretty set and there are guys like Testwuide and Wellwood who I'd presume to be ahead in the pecking order and more promising.

A marginal trade, but still a trade down IMHO.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:54 AM
James Franco

Ducks fan here. Is Maroon any good? Bordson was playing on the 4th line in Syracuse fyi

James Franco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 11:55 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
It's obvious why this happened, and not why just get someone who's familiar with the organization?

SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:00 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtdavis225 View Post
Ducks fan here. Is Maroon any good? Bordson was playing on the 4th line in Syracuse fyi
Was supposed to be a solid power forward crash the net type of player. Don't think anyone expected him to be a superstar but some people (myself included) had high hopes for him. Don't know the exact details (I'm sure someone on here can fill you in) but his attitude caused him to be sent home from the team and lead to this trade.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:04 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Homer says he hated to part with Laliberte, but he likes the experience Syvret brings and he is high on Bordson, a F he has coveted
-Sam Car

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:16 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Wow... this is kind of surprisingly, and honestly, I'm glad Syvret is back with the team.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Phantoms now have 9 defensemen by my count, which means someone's leaving or going to Greenville.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:32 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Gustafsson - Lehtivuori - Syvret

Our three leading AHL scorers will be defensemen book it.

I'm happy Maroon went to Anaheim. I hope he becomes a legitimate PWF for them. I've always liked the Ducks.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Garbage Goal

I like the trade personally. Then again I've always liked Syvret.

In the main board topic for this trade there's a Flames fan that said Gilbert is what caused them to lose Savard and another fan who says he has a friend that's a friend of Maroon. He also says that Maroon started a fight with the coach (which seems to be the common explanation so far) and quit the team (which fits in with him not coming back).

So, yeah, still terribly unhappy about why we had to get rid of Maroon.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:31 PM
DrHamburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I like the trade personally. Then again I've always liked Syvret.

In the main board topic for this trade there's a Flames fan that said Gilbert is what caused them to lose Savard and another fan who says he has a friend that's a friend of Maroon. He also says that Maroon started a fight with the coach (which seems to be the common explanation so far) and quit the team (which fits in with him not coming back).

So, yeah, still terribly unhappy about why we had to get rid of Maroon.

If you are willing to give up on hockey because of a coach than I do not want you on my team.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
If you are willing to give up on hockey because of a coach than I do not want you on my team.
Not saying that's what happened, but that's silly. He was our best forward prospect and all signs throughout Gilbert's tenure, for us and other teams, suggest that he's a huge problem and a really bad coach.

Plus, I didn't say "quit hockey". I said "quit the team". Two different things.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:55 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Not saying that's what happened, but that's silly. He was our best forward prospect and all signs throughout Gilbert's tenure, for us and other teams, suggest that he's a huge problem and a really bad coach.

The staff is discussing Maroon right now and how he might be able to jump onto the Ducks' roster immediately.

It's a little frustrating hearing him get praised so much.

Old
11-21-2010, 01:56 PM
DrHamburg

Quote:

I know. But everyone has bad coaches at every level. If you are willing to give up on your team and teammates because you don't like the coach I wouldn't want you on my team. He was willing to not play hockey as long as he was on the phantoms.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I know. But everyone has bad coaches at every level. If you are willing to give up on your team and teammates because you don't like the coach I wouldn't want you on my team. He was willing to not play hockey as long as he was on the phantoms.
You have no idea what happened down there. For all we know, gibert could of been ripping into people for no reason, making stupid comments ect. By the looks of it, it's a shame maroon didn't kick his ass

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

How's Maroon's cycle game? I'm interested to see how he'd fare on a line with Getzlaf and Perry. They usually work well with big bodied players that go to the net hard and have decent hands and that would allow Ryan to go back to carrying his own line.

Thanks in advance.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:50 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post
How's Maroon's cycle game? I'm interested to see how he'd fare on a line with Getzlaf and Perry. They usually work well with big bodied players that go to the net hard and have decent hands and that would allow Ryan to go back to carrying his own line.

Thanks in advance.
Maroon for his size, is not a crash and bang player, and wont go hard to the net as much as you would like. He's got some sick hands though.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:51 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fever Dreams View Post

Thanks in advance.
He can win the puck along the wall, he's got soft hands so he can certainly pass/cycle, and he uses his size very well.

He'd probably player very well with Getzlaf and Perry. Most players would, particularly ones with net presence and incredible hands.

Old
11-21-2010, 02:51 PM
BringBackStevens

Nothing for nothing trade. You cold do worse than Syvret as an AHL callup in a pinch. He might become useful come late season or playoff time. Maroon and Laliberte had close to no chance of being useful, so i think its a plus.

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote