HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer skate width question

Old
11-21-2010, 12:59 PM
BR217

vCash: 500
Bauer skate width question

I'm looking into buying a pair of pro stock 60's at a really good price, but the only thing worrying me is that the width is CA. Does anybody have any idea what the C toe width might be??

BR217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:28 PM
jsykes

Very narrow.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:57 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 588
Pro stock skates are built around a players foot (mold). even if you see them advertised as a 9 EE they will mot be the same as a retail 9 EE. be carful and try on any pro stock skates before buying them.

I have first hand experience buying pro stock skates.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 05:05 PM
BR217

Thanks for the response, I knew they would be narrow in the front given the C width description. I guess I was wondering if anybody knew a range for the actual measurement. I definitely plan on getting them baked if I decide to buy them.

BR217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 05:49 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR217 View Post
Thanks for the response, I knew they would be narrow in the front given the C width description. I guess I was wondering if anybody knew a range for the actual measurement. I definitely plan on getting them baked if I decide to buy them.

Just so you know that baking the skate will not expand the toe cup or boot. You will need to take them to a skate shop to have them "pushed" expanded and toe cups usually only get dimples to accommodate bunions, or oddly shaped toes. Baking is for molding the stuff on the inside around your foot.

Like I said earlier it's a huge risk putting out money for pro stock skates if you have not tried them on.
x60s at a good price I'm sure ate more than $100 bucks. If you feel like you want to risk that much money on skates that you may never use it's up to you.

I found out the hard way buying pro stock skates at a leafs sale for $150.00 CAD and I tired them on first.

Good luck what ever you do.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 08:09 PM
jsykes

If you're looking for an actual measurement it cant really be done. Width is also dependent on length as in a C for a size 3 is narrower than a C for a size 11.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 12:59 AM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
Pro stock skates are built around a players foot (mold). even if you see them advertised as a 9 EE they will mot be the same as a retail 9 EE. be carful and try on any pro stock skates before buying them.

I have first hand experience buying pro stock skates.
Not always, in fact most pro skates aren't built on a mold. You can tell which ones are because there is no felt under the insole in a custom molded skate.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2010, 01:50 AM
ponder

You will almost certainly do better with lower end skates that actually fit your foot properly than higher end skates that you never try on, which are thus unlikely to fit your foot properly. I would absolutely take an x40 that I knew was the right size and width over some random pro stock x60 that might not fit well.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote