HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Edmonton/Columbus

Old
11-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaggerX View Post
Like we've screwed up Voracek, Brassard, Russell, Mason and Filatov?

Frankly, I think we're doing pretty well with our prospects these days.
All the more reason to hang onto Johansen.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 04:10 PM
bereanca

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Yes I know that Howson made that offer. I also know the numerous posts around the boards from Oilers fans is due to Oil Change and the statement in the second installation that if the season was one month longer Johansen would have passed Gudbranson and Seguin and been #2 overall. That's why Edmonton fans are making proposals. They think Columbus wouldn't know. We're stupid.
I can't say that I agree. There was Johansen talk prior to the draft although that, and just about every other discussion, got swallowed up by the Hall/Seguin debate.

Oil Change was not the source of information on Johansen although the level of interest from the Oilers may have been a surprise. There were discussions on the Oilers, Prospects and I imagine the Blue Jackets board(s) about him before the draft.

If Oil Change were distributed exclusively to Oiler season ticket holders you might have a point. But it was freely accessible on TSN, on the Internet.

I don't assume hockey fans from any other team are stupid. (I do know some of ours are!) I assume if they're on here they are informed, willing to become better informed and passionate about their team. For that they deserve respect.

bereanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:29 PM
jacketracket*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I'd say that they're in the same tier of player, with Nash just one year younger.

Rick Nash, 18-25: 517 GP, 227-195-422 (0.81 PPG)
Ales Hemsky, 19-25: 421 GP, 93-238-331 (0.79 PPG)

-Nash is 8th in scoring amongst LWs since the lockout.
-Hemsky is 11th in scoring amongst RWs since the lockout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
If we're going do a blockbuster, I'd rather have us getting a Weber or a Spezza. I'm not a big Penner fan, and although I'm a big Hemsky fan, it doesn't solve our big problems with the club. We won't trade for two big contracts, and trading for either player seems redundant, especially if it's Juice going back the other way. Filatov I could see getting traded, but no way Johanson is traded, as he is possibly the solution to one of our biggest weaknesses in a few years.

If Filatov or Johanson gets traded, it'll be for a player that is less redundant fills our needs more.
Mr Bugg negotiating with Son-of-Bugg?

I sense a potential conflict of interest, here. Or some really cool Japanese anime, at least ...

jacketracket* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacketracket View Post
Mr Bugg negotiating with Son-of-Bugg?

I sense a potential conflict of interest, here. Or some really cool Japanese anime, at least ...

I never thought of doing that, I think I will get my entire family on board, that way I'm guaranteed to get a bunch of "agrees"...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:17 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I never thought of doing that, I think I will get my entire family on board, that way I'm guaranteed to get a bunch of "agrees"...
Don't bet on that, Robert! I know my wife and daughter can usually find plenty to disgree with me on!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Don't bet on that, Robert! I know my wife and daughter can usually find plenty to disgree with me on!
True, I'll rethink that thought.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I prefer my hypothetical army of anonymous alts that haven't been established over the past five years, which doesn't exist entirely to confuse people, increase Samkow's shakeheads-per-post average, and either piss off or distantly amuse CapnCornelius (whichever comes easier).

Some of them also aren't so anonymous. For example, you may not know it, but Skraut and I are secretly not the same person.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote