HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price shut down the Leafs 2-0 for Pat !

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Nidema

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I'm wondering if you picked up on the contradiction in your statement.
You obviously don't know how non profit organizations work. Their primary goal is to satisfy their MO not to make money.

They can still make a profit but their business decisions are not revolved around that goal.

Old
11-21-2010, 04:04 PM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Really? Cuz I am an anglo who watches RDS over CBC. RDS has way better camera quality & announcers.

I am sure I am not the only one.
+2. It is a major reason that CBC and TSN don't make an effort to appeal to habs fans. Only a minority of habs fans will watch so they might as well get what they can from all the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
What evidence is there that Cherry adds to revenue? Surely there are better analysts. He is a one man freakshow. We are desensitized to his idiocy.
Seriously, go to Toronto. He is considered a hockey expert there, not comic relief. They take him seriously in spite of the suits, the dog, etc. And keep in mind the suits, the dog, and so on prove that Cherry, at least, considers himself an entertainer first. He gets people talking and he's not boring, so he is doing his job, entertaining. Better an entertaining clown than a boring but incisive analyst.

How many habs fans actually watch the CBC? With the numbers it makes sense that they put someone on who appeals to the millions of people in Toronto, and not the minority of anglo hab fans who watch the CBC with the sound on.

I find Cherry unwatchable, but then I don't watch him.

Old
11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
Really? Cuz I am an anglo who watches RDS over CBC. RDS has way better camera quality & announcers.

I am sure I am not the only one.
Sure, but if you didn't have RDS you'd be watching CBC and even though you're an anglo, I'm sure you understand french well enough to follow everything. And for the record, we're talking about Cherry, not gameplay.

Old
11-21-2010, 04:13 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Milles View Post
Mention Pouliot, end up on my ignore list. The guy has been useless this year; there is no song to sing when it comes to 'skinny Latendresse'.

As far as the unsung: Gorges and Pyatt don't get enough credit. Both are steady, both are sold and both genuinely play with a shift-by-shift approach. Halpern, too, is rather unsung. Gill? I find it takes him 60-or-so games before he reaches his peak, though, he has been playing well of late.
How is praising Pouliot ridiculous? I would say it's the exact opposite. Forget that he has great stats. His actual game all-round has been terrific. He's still falling all over the place but he's really improved his ability to control the puck and make high% plays. Also, that shot of his is pretty awesome, not too far off from AK or Cammy. Playing on the line he is has helped him a lot + the fact JM rolls all 4.

What's your opinion of Eller, considering he has no goals? Does he suck too?

Also, I agree with you about Gorges and Pyatt, but I would assume that they aren't unsung, as in they are (in my books) unbelievable EVERY game. I hope people realize that and I think they do.

Old
11-21-2010, 04:30 PM
SB164

JFChaumont

#Habs: Maxim Lapierre au sujet de Mike Komisarek... « Je l'ai remercié d'avoir quitté Montréal. »

Edit: English translation - "I thanked him for leaving Montreal."

Last edited by SB164: 11-21-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old
11-21-2010, 04:47 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
JFChaumont

#Habs: Maxim Lapierre au sujet de Mike Komisarek... « Je l'ai remercié d'avoir quitté Montréal. »
awesome

Old
11-21-2010, 05:00 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
JFChaumont

funny stuff...that being said, Lappy keep your head up next time you play the leafs...the hockey gods have a funny way of getting guys back...

Old
11-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
JFChaumont

lol thats great, i know EXACTLY WHEN he said it too lol

Old
11-21-2010, 05:46 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
funny stuff...that being said, Lappy keep your head up next time you play the leafs...the hockey gods have a funny way of getting guys back...
...said Mike Richards.

Lappy is doing fine and if you've noticed he's had battles with Komi the last two games and it's resulted positively for the Habs. I'd say keep it up. If he can distract the Leafs, great.

Old
11-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol thats great, i know EXACTLY WHEN he said it too lol
When lol ? if a video could show it, it would be awesome.

Old
11-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
When lol ? if a video could show it, it would be awesome.
during an early scrum, you can see lapierre just mouthing off into komisareks ear, and komi, surprisingly, was trying to look the other way and try not to hear what laps was saying, until finally, you could tell lapierre had said something that got to komi cuz he turned his head and gave lapierre a disheartened look

lol im happy to hear what lapierre had turned out to say

Closed Thread