Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Nickolas Latta

Old
06-30-2010, 05:40 PM
wings5

vCash: 500
Nickolas Latta

Draft pick of the Sarnia Sting in the CHL import draft. Don't know anything about him, hoping some of you are more familiar with him?

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Malokov

http://www.rodi-db.de/player.php?id=9258

Malokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 10:08 AM
wings5

Pretty impressive stats considering his age found this on the Sarnia Sting thread:

Quote:
Sting Select Nickolas Latta In Second Round Of Import Draft

German Scoring Sensation Has Local Ties

Sarnia, On - General Manager Dave MacQueen announced this evening that the Sarnia Sting Hockey Club has selected Nickolas Latta with their second round pick in the 2010 CHL Import Draft.

Latta is a very skilled centre who put up impressive numbers in the DNL (top German junior league).

This past season playing with SC Riessersee Latta produced at almost a 2-point per game clip and was easily his team's leading scorer and was the 3rd leading scorer in the league.

Latta is very familiar with the Ontario Hockey League as both his father Ken (Greyhounds and Knights) and uncle David (Kitchener) had long OHL and professional playing careers.

Sarnia Sting Vice President of Operations Bill Abercrombie made the trip to Germany earlier in the season to see Latta in person.

"Nickolas is a very skilled player who competes hard. When he fills out he will be 6 feet plus to go with his natural ability. Like Yakupov he is a late 1993 birthdate so we feel he will help us both immediately and down the road as well as we continue to build this franchise back up."

Abercrombie explains that Latta also has good blood lines as well as a local connection to Sarnia. "Both his dad and uncle played in the OHL and were both NHL draft picks who had long professional careers that would take both of them to Germany. Nickolas actually has family in Sarnia. He is excited to come play for the Sting."

Player Bio

Nickolas Latta

Born: October 5, 1993 Germany

Ht: 5.10 Wt: 161

Season Team GP G A PTS PIM

2009-10 SC Riessersee 34 31 31 62 74
He finished 3rd in scoring behind Bernard Keil and Mirko Hofflin who are more than a year older than him. However out of the 3 93's that made the u-18 team he wasn't one of them. Does he compare to Tobias Rieder at all? I know he has bloodlines and therefore may gain size due to his father.

Old
07-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Sanderson

His numbers are definately on a Rieder-like level, in fact, they are even slightly better at the same age.

That being said, I have absolutely no idea how he stacks up to Rieder talent-wise. Getting reports for someone like Kühnhackl or Rieder, who played for Landshut's senior team, is much easier than finding reports for someone who played DNL for Riessersee.

Sanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Malokov

His real size is 5'11 and he has 180 lbs.

Old
07-02-2010, 07:16 AM
smitty10

Does anyone know if he will actually play in the OHL next season?

If Hofflin and some of these other guys come over to NA there will be a lot of high quality German's playing in the CHL this coming season. Should be good for their draft status and will hopefully keep the number of German's being drafted into the NHL high.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Malokov

http://deb-online.de/index2.htm

Old
08-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Neutral Zone

I've seen Nick play here in Garmisch-Partenkirchen for the last couple of seasons. Above average hands, good speed, intelligent with the puck. You have to know that the German DNL is not Canadian Jr hockey. Smaller players and a much larger ice surface makes for a whole different game, hopefully Nick can adjust to the bigger defensive players converging quicker and much less room in the corners. If he put's on 20 lbs, he'll be much more of a force...

Neutral Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Herman the German

Rumor has it,Nickolas Latta,will be picked up for the U-20 tournament in Buffalo by the German National Team.

Herman the German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral Zone View Post
I've seen Nick play here in Garmisch-Partenkirchen for the last couple of seasons. Above average hands, good speed, intelligent with the puck. You have to know that the German DNL is not Canadian Jr hockey. Smaller players and a much larger ice surface makes for a whole different game, hopefully Nick can adjust to the bigger defensive players converging quicker and much less room in the corners. If he put's on 20 lbs, he'll be much more of a force...
From what I've read in the 2010 Sarnia Sting Preseason Thread, he wasn't overly impressive at training camp, but neither was he totally bad.
I guess given his young age and his frame he may need a little while longer to adjust than for example Kuehnhackl, but like you say once he adjusts and adds a few lbs he should do well.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Herman the German

I saw the first game in London,he won over 70 percent of his faceoffs and is a right handed centre.He can play in the OHL.The second game,he was on the wing,he looked a bit disoriented at times,probably because he plays centre.Accept for one time he broke in off his wing and rang one off the cross bar with his backhand.I haven't seen alot of 16 year olds with a backhand like that while they stay in movement with a guy on their back.Reading threads about players and seeing players are two different things.

Last edited by Herman the German: 09-09-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old
09-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman the German View Post
I saw the first game in London,he won over 70 percent of his faceoffs and is a right handed centre.He can play in the OHL.The second game,he was on the wing,he looked a bit disoriented at times,probably because he plays centre.Accept for one time he broke in off his wing and rang one off the cross bar with his backhand.I haven't seen alot of 16 year olds with a backhand like that while they stay in movement with a guy on their back.Reading threads about players and seeing players are two different things.
True enough, but being a few thousand miles away, it's pretty much all I can do right now.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Herman the German

Maverick 41,I wasn't trying to get on your case.It was only what I saw at the games.I think we shouldn't believe everything we read,right?I believe if you don't have anything good to say about someone then don't say anything at all.Constructive critisisum and positive discussions are where it's at.

Old
09-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Soupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Draft pick of the Sarnia Sting in the CHL import draft. Don't know anything about him, hoping some of you are more familiar with him?
I know he scored last night!!

Soupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 12:36 AM
wings5

German top 6 could be very CHL heavy for the WJC. With players like Kuhnhackl, Rieder, Keil, Noebels, Hofflin and Latta likely to slot in that role.

Old
11-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Malokov

http://sarniasting.com/article/nick-...resent-germany

Old
11-21-2010, 03:05 AM
Herman the German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malokov View Post
Congraduations,may be the youngest player in the tournament,I am sure that there are alot of people who are proud of this accomplishment.

Old
11-21-2010, 06:18 AM
Dfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
German top 6 could be very CHL heavy for the WJC. With players like Kuhnhackl, Rieder, Keil, Noebels, Hofflin and Latta likely to slot in that role.
I'm not so sure. DELers Matthias Plachta, Marc El-Sayed and Laurin Braun will crack the Top6 for sure. Thomas Brandl is also a likely bet.

Last edited by Dfire: 11-21-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Dfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 06:56 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
I'm not so sure. DELers Matthias Plachta, Marc El-Sayed and Laurin Braun will crack the Top6 for sure. Thomas Brandl is also a likely bet.
i'm not sure there will be a top6. i think they will try to run lines with players who know each other.

el-sayed and plachta might get former jungadler hoefflin

rieder and kuehnhackl could get elsner

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 08:30 AM
slovakiasnextone

Does this been that Germany´s preliminary WJC roster has been releaseed? If yes, where can I view it? Can´t seem to find it on DEB´s website.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:07 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Does this been that Germany´s preliminary WJC roster has been releaseed? If yes, where can I view it? Can´t seem to find it on DEB´s website.
I haven't heard anything about that, I just think that people are speculating. It is pretty obvious who some of the players will be, but there are some guys who play in Germany that North American posters don't really know about.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 12:24 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
I haven't heard anything about that, I just think that people are speculating. It is pretty obvious who some of the players will be, but there are some guys who play in Germany that North American posters don't really know about.
Yes, but I would think that Sarnia Sting would have official information before they announce on their official website that their player got an invitation.

Old
11-21-2010, 01:08 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Yes, but I would think that Sarnia Sting would have official information before they announce on their official website that their player got an invitation.
i guess the DEB told all CHL teams who they want. so the teams already know. but there's no official release yet. at least i didn't see one.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2010, 01:26 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
i guess the DEB told all CHL teams who they want. so the teams already know. but there's no official release yet. at least i didn't see one.
Ok, thanks, that´s what I thought.

Old
11-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Herman the German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfire View Post
You may be right?If you were the coach,do you take players who sit on the bench in the DEL or do you take players who play in the bundisliga or do you take players who sit in the CHL or players who play in the CHL?I am sure that the DEB has done their home work or maybe they have not?