HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

East Final | Toronto Argonauts @ Montréal Alouettes | 1:00PM | (Als win 48-17!)

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2010, 06:33 PM
Spectaculard

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
This is becoming like the als vs eskimos rivalries of the 70s

Old
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
another match of epic proportions with Sask... bring it on.
They're welcome to bring their 13th man again. Epic! For Sure!

Old
11-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Hugo Sham

the als will be underdogs and all we'll hear all week is about redemption - but for those who have any memory, they'll realize als had a terrible first half. i expect them to be better AND motivated to prove it wasn't a fluke win. i use to like Rider fans but after some friends complained of racist and harassing comments at last year's game, nothing will make me happier than to beat them and their inbred, melon-wearing, turnip-truck driving fans

Old
11-21-2010, 06:56 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Als should win but I am never confident about this team in the Grey Cup...2-5 in 7 games.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Als should win but I am never confident about this team in the Grey Cup...2-5 in 7 games.
Maybe if you toss an 86-Cahoon or 13-Calvillo into that great sig for a week, it will help.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Honestly, Calgary scared me, so im THRILLED to be playing against saskatchewan again

last year, sakatchewan had a better team, and the als put on a stinker in the grey cup, to JUST pull it off at the end

this year the roughriders arent as good as last year and were still pretty strong, i expect us to play waaaay better then we did last year in the championship game, bring on the rematch!!

Old
11-21-2010, 07:17 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23Hab View Post
Maybe if you toss an 86-Cahoon or 13-Calvillo into that great sig for a week, it will help.
They will win! BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Old
11-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
to be fair, this playoff game at the Big-O happens once a year.

but I feel ya, bro.
Yeah i know :/ but still, bell center packs 21 thousand a game, all the expos needed was AT LEAST 15 to 20 thousand a game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboflex View Post
BS, if the Expos got their downtown stadium they'd be fine. A combo of bad economic times, cheapass locals & MLB sharks shafted them.

The Als almost failed also playing at the big O, the only thing that saved them was Molson stadium.

The big O is a piece of crap and no one wants to watch sports there.
No exactly, the organization was unbeleivably SCREWED by a number of factors...but the fans didnt really HELP.. averaging 9 thousand a game is pathetic... but in all honesty, we should of got that new stadium, the location would of turned it into a "just another thing to do in downtown montreal", and that would of kept the team here, it STILL pisses me off...

Quote:
Totally! One game year though. The AL's have a beautiful downtown Stadium that is the envy of the CFL. Should a had that grass field ballparc on Peel Street/Montagne block. Another decade may get us back in the MLB, you never know. Time's always change..... Keep eyeballs on Tampa
We'll never be close to a MLB franchise again until someone with loads of money and a love for montreal steps up BIGTIME, helps build a new stadium, and helps pull a franchise back... could take longer then 10 years im afraid... and the als, the stadium may be nice, but only packs 25 thousand people because tis really a college field... the als deserve a 35 thousand and more stadium..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
58K was for one game....baseball has 81 home games....man I miss the expos, but almost no one went to the games after 94....sad but true...
I know it was just ONE game, and its an event, but it STILL means we CAN pack a DUMP like the olympic stadium with FIFTY EIGHt thousand people, and all the expos needed was around 20k to remain stable, its frustrating, because it IS a sports city, but people just didnt care enough to go all the way to the Big O to watch, hell even i only went to 10 games a season :/

Old
11-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Honestly, Calgary scared me, so im THRILLED to be playing against saskatchewan again

last year, sakatchewan had a better team, and the als put on a stinker in the grey cup, to JUST pull it off at the end

this year the roughriders arent as good as last year and were still pretty strong, i expect us to play waaaay better then we did last year in the championship game, bring on the rematch!!
You will regret that by this time next week.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:22 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
You will regret that by this time next week.
Make sure the 13th man shows up.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
They will win! BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Back to back championships, is the ONLY way, to vindicate this team, from the "2-5" talk

yeah it doesnt LOOK pretty, 7 trips to the big game, and only 2 wins to show for it, but they are still CHAMPIONSHIP wins, its still a feat to just MAKE it that many years, for so many years, its not like they lost 5 championship games to the same team everytime, it was an array of DECENt football teams that just ended up winning the damn game, but the talk STILL remains that the Als at least MAKe it every year and are, wether people like it or not, THE model of CFL consistency (thanks to Popp and some REAL good coaches)

But to win back to back championships? , the only way a dynasty is ever born, is to win not JUST multiple championships strung together in a close amount of years, no, to qualify for dynasty, a team has to successfully DEFEND a championship, to win two ina row, is a feat that is regarded VERY highly no matter WHAT the sport, and most of the time for REAL dynasties, they have to win those back to back championships, and AT LEAST win a 3rd one in either 4 or 5 years, anymore then that and it becomes iffy to crown a organization with "dynasty"

BUT, the allouettes have a trump card, if they win next week, and make it 3 -5 in 8 trips, even with their "3rd" coming as late as 2002, they STILL have made the championship game in 03-05-07-08-09 and now 2010, if they win their 3rd championship in 8 years, thats red wings dynasty territory, its devils dynasty territory

they win next week, and itll cement a Montreal Allouette Dynasty, wether anyone likes to admit it or not

Old
11-21-2010, 07:47 PM
sammy d

Riders all the way baby.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Had a party and missed the game but I'm glad we destroyed Toronto, now time to do the same against the Riders

Go Als

Old
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
SidGenoMario

vCash: 511
why must my teams always play you guys

its on

like donkey kong

Old
11-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidGenoMario View Post
why must my teams always play you guys

its on

like donkey kong
I know we have an AL's sticky, but since it's Grey Cup Week, we should fire up a Grey Cup thread tomorrow so Sask fans can join in since they don't have an NHL team of their own.

Should be a great week!

Hell I'll fire up a thread tomorrow...

Last edited by Player 61: 11-21-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old
11-22-2010, 01:16 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Well, count me in as one of the few Habs fan who get the chance to see this Grey Cup game live in the stands way out west!!

Go Als Go!!

Old
11-22-2010, 09:08 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I know we have an AL's sticky, but since it's Grey Cup Week, we should fire up a Grey Cup thread tomorrow so Sask fans can join in since they don't have an NHL team of their own.

Should be a great week!

Hell I'll fire up a thread tomorrow...
Personally I think that is a great idea.

As for this thread, it quickly went off course, so it's time to shut it down.

Closed Thread