HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill VIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Dancing boy tweet:
If I were Dean, I would be after Wheeler too, but I would settle for Ryder, but not at the price of Voynov (unless Dean is pulling a fast one and believes that Voynov is done with North American hockey). I would have pulled the trigger on Muzzin for Ryder though. Depends on the eccentricities of the deal because that seams heavily tipped in our favor at the current moment. Though, another factor has to lie with Ryder's position, I don't know how easily he can transition to the left wing, given he is a natural right wing...

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
11-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
No way Ryder is awful and overrated and makes 4 million.

Dude, we are scrambling here, people are bringing up the most ridiculous names. Kings need a top line NHL LW...not another band aid.

Old
11-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post

Dude, we are scrambling here, people are bringing up the most ridiculous names. Kings need a top line NHL LW...not another band aid.

Doesn't exist. No honest to god 1st line LWers are on the market.

Ryder has had some good years. Back to back 30 goal seasons and Wheeler is only 24 and has talent. With lots of minutes and being on a talented line he could turn into a 60pt guy.

I really wish Moller had turned out as good as he started. He showed flashes of being a honest to god top-6 forward but boy he hasn't been able to keep progressing..

I'm not sure about the trades though. I think that VV is our best long-term prospect down in the AHL and wouldn't want to trade him for just Ryder... Thing is at the end of the day someones going to have to be moved. Nothings free.

Old
11-21-2010, 01:05 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post

Ryder has had some good years. Back to back 30 goal seasons and Wheeler is only 24 and has talent. With lots of minutes and being on a talented line he could turn into a 60pt guy.

I really wish Moller had turned out as good as he started. He showed flashes of being a honest to god top-6 forward but boy he hasn't been able to keep progressing..

I'm not sure about the trades though. I think that VV is our best long-term prospect down in the AHL and wouldn't want to trade him for just Ryder... Thing is at the end of the day someones going to have to be moved. Nothings free.

not for nothing, but you DO realize that Oscar Moller is still only 21-years old, right?

Old
11-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Johnny Utah

I'm all for Wheeler but Ryder. Puke. 4 million. Forget it.

Old
11-21-2010, 02:07 PM
SuperAlmeida

Rather Wheeler than Ryder!!

Old
11-21-2010, 02:16 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Muzzin for Wheeler would be more than fair imo.

Old
11-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Quote:

And because mof this we trade away all of our young assets for mediocre player and help out other teams ???????????
I'm fine with doing absolutely nothing.
Not trading the not needed players with Boston helps us more than helping out Boston and having useless player here.
Ryder or Wheller's contracts hurting Boston is helping us more than what these players would bring to our lineup. These sallary cap days an indirect damage is mostly more effective than direct damage.
Watch the Pens and all of their indirect damage of Crosbys, Malkins, Staals and Fleurys salary.

Old
11-21-2010, 02:57 PM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Muzzin for Wheeler would be more than fair imo.
Yeah, I would definitely do that deal.

It's funny that Wheeler has responded well in a center role, and that they are already loaded at that position. Makes for an interesting problem...

Old
11-21-2010, 03:00 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicker View Post
Yeah, I would definitely do that deal.

It's funny that Wheeler has responded well in a center role, and that they are already loaded at that position. Makes for an interesting problem...
I still honestly belive that in a few years Muzzin is going to be a really good dman.

And honestly I hate the Bruins so I dont watch Wheeler too often.

But I guess I do the trade if DL does it

Old
11-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Johnny Utah

I wouldn't trade Muzzin, right now the Kings have Doughty and Johnson in the NHL, Drewiske is a little older, Mitchell and Scuderi are in there 30's....Muzzin the only young guy ready to step in that has a combination of Mitchell/Doughty's game, physical and can move the puck.

Voynov is incosistent, Hickey has done nothing yet at the pro level, Teubert plays a physical game, Martinez might be a career AHL'er...Right now Muzzin the best, most NHL ready and all around D in the system.

Old
11-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
I wouldn't trade Muzzin, right now the Kings have Doughty and Johnson in the NHL, Drewiske is a little older, Mitchell and Scuderi are in there 30's....Muzzin the only young guy ready to step in that has a combination of Mitchell/Doughty's game, physical and can move the puck.

Voynov is incosistent, Hickey has done nothing yet at the pro level, Teubert plays a physical game, Martinez might be a career AHL'er...Right now Muzzin the best, most NHL ready and all around D in the system.
Don't sleep on Teubert. He's going to be ready sooner than later. The Kings really like Campbell too.

Old
11-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Knight of the Realm
Go Kings Go!

Ryder, BLEK!

Old
11-21-2010, 04:32 PM
JCabranes

Quote:

Right there with ya. The guy adds nothing to this team.

Old
11-21-2010, 07:01 PM
redcard

If Wheeler for Muzzin is a legitimate option, we got to pull the trigger. Muzzin's good, and more NHL ready than our other prospects...but we have so many d-prospects along with 3 other young defensemen already on the NHL roster that he's expendable. Especially when you consider that he was an undrafted free agent signing as opposed to the other guys who we actually spent 1st/2nd round picks on.

Old
11-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Johnny Utah

Everything said the same thing about Kyle Quincey, and we missed him last year especially when he was replaced with Randy Jones.

I don't want to trade Muzzin...Who knows if Voynov goes back to Russia, if Hickey ever get his game together...and Teubert is not as mobile as Muzzin, so even if he makes it, he isn't the same type of player....Muzzin is bigger than Hickey, more skilled than Teubert and more consistent than Voynov.

Old
11-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

I agree, Muzzin as a very valuable young PMD who in time will bring physical play too. If we move him it had better be for a player who is a key piece to our puzzle and not a rental.

Old
11-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
not for nothing, but you DO realize that Oscar Moller is still only 21-years old, right?

So? He's tough has a work ethic and has been passed by at least 3 other players.

I don't think he's really in the discussion anymore.

End of the day the situations clear. We've gotten lucky with success without a full 1st line. Going to need someone eventually...

Old
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Based on Barry's tweet, it sounds to me like the Kings offered Voynov for Wheeler and Boston offered Ryder for Muzzin. Both teams said no and it is dead for now.

Old
11-21-2010, 09:55 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Things sound like they are on hold between Boston and the Kings for now. Boston still has cap issues going forward. The two players coming off LTIR have NTCs. Time is on Lombardi's side as he is one of the few GMs in the Western Conference with the prospects and salary cap space to do a deal with the Bruins. I can see things going quiet for a couple of weeks until Savard and Sturm are ready to return to the lineup.

I seriously doubt it would be Ryder coming to the Kings unless Dean is only giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Old
11-21-2010, 10:05 PM
wabwat

Quote:
So? He's tough has a work ethic and has been passed by at least 3 other players.

I don't think he's really in the discussion anymore.

End of the day the situations clear. We've gotten lucky with success without a full 1st line. Going to need someone eventually...

huh? and which three players have passed him up?

he's likely not in the discussion anymore primarily because there really isn't a slot for him going forward.

Old
11-21-2010, 10:07 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:

he's likely not in the discussion anymore primarily because there really isn't a slot for him going forward.
Loktionov for one.

Old
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Tadite

Quote:

Not in order:

1. Schenn
2. Loki
3. Clifford
4. God help us: King
5. Lewis

3 of those have all played on the first line as a fill in LW and two of them are set to be a King for the rest of the season.

If he's barely third or more likely fouth on the depth list to make the top-6 and isn't on the list to make the bottom-6 then he isn't in the discussion.

Old
11-21-2010, 10:16 PM
wabwat

Quote:
Not in order:

1. Schenn
2. Loki
3. Clifford
4. God help us: King
5. Lewis

3 of those have all played on the first line as a fill in LW and two of them are set to be a King for the rest of the season.

If he's barely third or more likely fouth on the depth list to make the top-6 and isn't on the list to make the bottom-6 then he isn't in the discussion.
i don't think you have a firm grasp on how this all works.

Old
11-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Tadite

Quote:
i don't think you have a firm grasp on how this all works.

Hmm...

Very simple. Numerous other players have produced more, have taken more ice time, have made it through training camps, have played for the Kings, and show all the normal signs of being a successful hockey prospect.

Moller is barely the 7th best player on the Monachs and has done nothing in the past two years but be passed. Best he can hope for is for a trade to another team without depth.

Closed Thread